Local Ride 7

iceman

Lac Blanc Loop

knowing fair well it was the open door weekend and that Sunday temps would be too warm for nice trail. We got up early Saturday and decided to head out and ride just until noon. We knew a storm was coming and that did not bother us at all. Left 7am and being first day of free weekend everything was groomed up. TQ3 to Shawinigan Sud and it was set up nice. Surely we were not the only early birds with the same idea but all the others were headed the other way. Beautiful trail all the way to River in Grand Mere and we cross and join a just as beautiful trail the TQ23. Smooth sailing all the way to the 350 and down into Lac Blanc. As we arrive there it just starts snowing. We take a quick break and in comes more sleds and then more and more. It’s time to beat feet and get out of here. 

Still great trail but lots of folks riding right up the middle. I got a fix for these people. When I see someone coming at me using it all, I crowd it right over onto the middle and make them decide if they want to move over or not. Cause I aint flinching. My wife is loving the show as I move left  to crowd these morons and give them a taste of their own medicine. I move left and slow down almost to a stop and they don’t seem to understand but they slow down and move over. Most were well behaved all along the route but a few needed some discipline and they got it. Big wide trail and they cannot ride the right needs to be right up the middle. That’s weekend riding. 

Snowing heavier now and we join back onto the TQ63 and just outside Charette near St Paulin we find the checkpoint. Just checking stickers no looking at paperwork so its stop and go. Another Great teaching moment for the Mrs today. Snowing and in the big fields she says wow cannot see anything. I explained to her to concentrate on the red sticks, telling her fortunately here they are plentiful and yes while it’s snowing heavily at least there is not much wind. Which would make it much more difficult to find sticks. She gained alot of respect for riding in conditions not so perfect. We continue Back to St Etienne and back to TQ3 to run back to the house. Great ride.

212 km 

https://www.relive.cc/view/vrqDQgneWwv

Edited by iceman

Thanks for sharing!

Heard a buddha/fortune-cookie thing a long time ago: "When the Student is ready, the Teacher will appear"

20 hours ago, iceman said:

I got a fix for these people. When I see someone coming at me using it all, I crowd it right over onto the middle and make them decide if they want to move over or not.

20 hours ago, iceman said:

Another Great teaching moment for the Mrs today. Snowing and in the big fields she says wow cannot see anything. I explained to her to concentrate on the red sticks, telling her fortunately here they are plentiful and yes while it’s snowing heavily at least there is not much wind. Which would make it much more difficult to find sticks. She gained alot of respect for riding in conditions not so perfect. 

151923070_BestTeachers.jpg.a834b717029592b6ea281b767018aac2.jpg