Your Hands

timbo

what do most of you lads wear on your hands when it is real cold. Claws?? Heavy mittens?? Gauntlets? Neoprene??? Heated Gloves. packets....electric?? Leather?? Fabric???

Some guys won't use gauntlets at all: claim the reduced feel and mobility (safety?) isn't wort the trade-off for warmer hands?? Others won't ride without em when it is outrageously cold?? Some ride with one gauntlet???

????????

timbo

I wear the SkiDoo Snocross gloves. They are by far the best gloves I have owned. They are very thin on the inside which actually helps get the hadwarmer heat to your hands and reduce fatigue but have good wind protection and insulation on the top. I also use the short Skidoo muffs when it is cold to keep the wind off.

I like the gauntlets but you do have to get used to them if you pull your hands off the bars to signal a lot. Other than getting your hand back in to them they don't seem to restrict movement. I do know I signal A LOT less when using them. On cold days they are priceless..... I just stuff them in the saddle bag when it gets warmer.

I wear the short-cuff Reima gloves. They are relatively light and have good feel. I keep the ski-doo gauntlets on my machine all the time and I'm quite used to them. I wouldn't ride without gauntlets on a cold day.

I wear Choko Claws. They are the warmest thing I have found. Last winter I took a pair of gauntlets on my cross PQ trip. I used them some days and put them in my bags other days. I believe I will follow Rob's lead and always have them packed for when it turns really cold.

I have used gauntlets for the past 20 years. I would not ride in Quebec with out them. On days when temp is below 0F, I wear my beaver mitts with the gauntlets. Last year I had one handle bar warmer go out. I had my gloves on and that hand got real cold. Mikerider was with me and he had some LL Bean hand warmers with him. I put one in my glove and I was good to go. I will be packing some of them in my bag from now on. I would suggest that everyone should do that. Just some added insurance for a small amount of change. A word to the wise should be sufficient.

MSR MX gloves down to about 10f then short Reima Goretex. I can't stand gauntlets, I wish someone would make a short one just to cover your hands. No need for up your wrist for me.

I don't know where u been, but they already exist, time to change to a brand that has dealers with the new technology :friends:

I always use gauntlets, except in warmer weather [>20F]. I never thought I'd use them, but now wouldn't ride without them. I tried 3 pairs to find something comfortable, and I had to modify that pair to work. The skidoo set bends at a 90 degree angle which isn't natural and feels awkward, i think i have choko's. With gauntlets you ride with thin gloves and keep the hand warmers on low or off. thin gloves make for easy camera operation, etc. I also carry heavy gloves for when the hand warmers die. I find heavier gloves in the gaunlets makes it a little more difficult to grab the brake. As for difficulty when signalling, thats not a problem for me, and is probably a topic for another discussion.

In place of handlebar gauntlets check out Choko's new for 2008 Insulated Handlebar Guards. Part number 93U2920 Agressive 93U2925 Trail available from your Choko dealer. Provides protection without being restrictive.

Ask your dealer or email me at joelb@chokodesign.com