Where to stay in Val D'or Except Forestel?

Grand Poobah

I stay at the comfort inn on the other end of town.  Not too much sidewalk to ride to get to trail, maybe 2-3 blocks going from memory.  Rooms were on the small side and not ideal for snowmobilers from a gear perspective, but we made it work. Parking not great either but again, we made it work.  Breakfast was acceptable too.  Gas station right next to it on the way to trail.  I would definitely stay there again if I had to but would not be my first choice.

4 hours ago, Grand Poobah said:

Next week, want to go sledding in Val D'or. Called Forestel and they are booked solid the first night. What other places would you all recommend? We probably will drive over to Forestel the next morning and unload from there.

Thanks

L' Escale nice but a bit of road running to get to trail!

5 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

What a difference a day makes:

Abi.jpg.28d0d99eb3d8a3ab8743e5a63ae937f3.jpg

Pretty sure most is closed like this to try to keep people off the soft trails and beating them up too much and from coming across any water crossings that might be flooded from runoff and/or might not be safe. St Michael des Saints club and St Zenon I believe were both asking cooperation from snowmobilers to not ride until the temperatures drop and the club can get it back open if possible. 

Have not seen Abitibi in person if the snow was not like a real snow year then perhaps it is over in Abitibi. Depends how much snow they had and how much they could afford to lose. 

Lost alot near towns mostly. Here in Gaspe. Mud and Asphalt to get to Gas in Matane today. Snow level dropped big. 

59 minutes ago, iceman said:

Pretty sure most is closed like this to try to keep people off the soft trails and beating them up too much and from coming across any water crossings that might be flooded from runoff and/or might not be safe. St Michael des Saints club and St Zenon I believe were both asking cooperation from snowmobilers to not ride until the temperatures drop and the club can get it back open if possible. 

Have not seen Abitibi in person if the snow was not like a real snow year then perhaps it is over in Abitibi. Depends how much snow they had and how much they could afford to lose. 

Lost alot near towns mostly. Here in Gaspe. Mud and Asphalt to get to Gas in Matane today. Snow level dropped big. 

This will most certainly be the year we will all try hard to forget!