Saguenay Bill

SnomoGary

2 hours ago, SnomoGary said:

We just heard some shocking news,  Bill has been in an accident,  all I know at moment is he is in a hospital in Bangor main with  suspected broken  ribs..   

If you are able please tell him all his fellow Quebec riders are wishing him a speedy recovery. I will send him an email as well.

Edited by Pipeman

Ok  found out a bit more, the accident happened some time yesterday  he's  broken  5 ribs and is comfortable in hospital..  we don't  know  what  happened, but the guy's he was riding with are recovering the sled today..      yer Pipeman we passed on everyone's thoughts and prayers to JD . Who is unable to be with  bill in hospital because of this covid thing..  I know 182ray is in contact with her and ready to travel  up to help.. so let's hope he's on the mend soon ..

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

broken ribs are a tough thing, only time heals them, very painful and very hard to get comfortable to sleep, I wish him a speedy recovery, hope he is OK.

You said it.  Wish I could say I don't know what you mean and can't relate, but after going over the bars & busting 5 going up Grand Mere on last year's day-one opener, and initially in disbelief that it was a six-week time-out, "sleeping" (not really) sitting up, praying not to sneeze/etc, it's real, and that was for a (young) 57 yr old.

3 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Oh wow, hope he is ok. I do know he wears a protective vest while riding.

Thank goodness Bill's a good planner/dresser & good healer.  That time he went over the bars from that icy patch a couple of years ago (Pickle Park?) was "just" a temporary setback.  Let's hope & pray for a repeat performance.

Dropped in and had a beer with Bill couple of weeks ago .  Ive been buzzing around Maine all winter, called him few times  say hi  see how his winter was going . 😁

download (6).jpg