Saguenay Bill

SnomoGary

Get well soon Bill!! Thankfully you were in the tech vest! Hopefully I will see you at a show in the fall!

DCB8E667-CE3A-43AD-9EC3-F738058C7BE3.jpeg

17 hours ago, mikerider said:

Best wishes to Bill. Hope for a speedy recovery.  

Simple accident trying to get over a  freshly plowed up  huge frozen snow bank in the Bois going to a friends camp . 

We were  riding with him a few years ago when he had a accident behind the trailer park in Saint-Ambroise.

He missed a turn and went over a snowbank, Bill was a little banged up but the sled took the worst of it. He was wearing his vest so that protected him .

Daniel went back for a trailer to tow the sled. Mark and I stayed with Bill at a Tim Hortons across the street. Mark did some first aid on his cuts. He was in pain for the next few days but ok to hold court in the lobby of the Delta that night.  Scary stuff hope he gets better . The three of us from Massachusetts would like to ride with him again in 2022.

Get better soon Bill.  When you ride as many miles as he has odds are a little crash in order. We should all think about that. See you next year Bill.  A friend always George 

5 hours ago, Muskoka2 said:

As a friend of mine always says: there are those who have crashed & those who are going to crash-it's just a matter of time!

Many of us have been very lucky....nobody rides for years without a lot of close calls...that statement is always in the back of my mind....and no matter how prepared or good you may be....it can always be someone else's doing...it is a dangerous sport...and it can happen to any of us, glad he is OK, he is a tough old guy, I hope I can get where he is at his age.

Hey

I just spoke with him, he's doing as good as could be expected ( Or it was meds and nurses ). Landed on his back, with his Tek Vest, broke 5 ribs. A small amount of bleeding inside, no big deal he said. 

So he's doing good

More info to come, as I get it.

GutZ

Quick up date,  just had a  message from JD . Bill is now been moved into the surgical ward he is still on oxygen but is making good progress and getting out of bed .She is hoping they will let him out of hospital for this next weekend .  So fingers crossed 👍

Great  news  we've  just heard Bill should be discharged some time today....    so let's hope  so 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by SnomoGary