How many miles (kilometers) this year?

Blueblood

Zero miles for us,    including  air miles lol ..  hope everyone has a good and safe summer,  and looking forward to seeing the usual gang in the delta lobby next  February..

Maybe about 3,000 miles riding in Maine.    Had Maine not had such a very short season this year, I might have come fairly close to the usual 6,500 I do in Quebec.

Blueblood, you must have been in Maine for quite a few weeks. Did you mostly stay at NEOC and how was it?  I ate there one night and let me say I was very impressed with the restaurant.

mike

525 miles....lowest total in since the 70's...went to north west new york for 5 days...stayed far away from old forge...I was impressed with the quality , smoothness of the well groomed trails....mostly 8 to 10....winding, wooded trails with very little traffic and 4 to 7 feet depending on where you were...it was all new to me and we would have never found our way out without a GPS, worst marked trail system I have ever seen....in 5 days we routinely saw sleds at intersections with no clue where they were or where to go.

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

Maybe about 3,000 miles riding in Maine.    Had Maine not had such a very short season this year, I might have come fairly close to the usual 6,500 I do in Quebec.

Blueblood, you must have been in Maine for quite a few weeks. Did you mostly stay at NEOC and how was it?  I ate there one night and let me say I was very impressed with the restaurant.

mike

I was in Maine three and half weeks.  mostly neoc yes.  couple nights in caribou and a couple in Baxter inn.  the cabins are very nice and yes the restaurant was very good.  frustrating the groomer didn't go out every night a few times it gout pretty rough in there area.  but over all a very high  end place.

4 minutes ago, neksledr said:

Just about 400 miles in Vermont, most of it good. Had planned on heading to Maine to maybe run into Mike Rider, but acquired that Corona thing and that sorta messed up sledding plans! 

Hope you are well now Terry and that Corona thing wasn't too serious.

50 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Hope you are well now Terry and that Corona thing wasn't too serious.

Yeah, all good here. Really nothing more than a mild cold for about 3 days. Both my wife Molly and I had it at the same time, so we got it out of the way together! She's still having problems with taste and smell which she finds quite annoying, but slowly getting better

Somewhere around 2800 kms all in Ontario.  Despite what I wanted Quebec curfews and widespread rain in March kept us in our home province.  Roughly 800 kms with the kids at the cottage over multiple days, 1000 kms over 3 days of rides on my own, one 200 km day ride with my wife and one three day trip to Northern Ontario with my wife where we got 750 km in.  It feels like I missed out on another trip for sure.  Given what's occured with Covid I guess it wasn't a bad year, but nowhere near the 4000 km winter I had 2 years ago.  That said the kids are getting lots of seat time and love the sport which is awesome.  I'm going to have riding companions galore in a 6 - 8 years time when they each turn 12 and get licensed.  Been saying it for a while, but next year I'm buying Quebec season passes and will get my Quebec trips in.  So many places still left to go explore.