How many miles (kilometers) this year?

Blueblood

Thanks for the kind remarks but we did not ride this year.  I did get a new sled which has 0 miles on it.  We were going to do Maine but decided against it with the Covid quarantine coming back into CT.  We still haven't retired and I didn't want to keep the store closed for that long.  Sooooo looking forward to next year.  Thanks to all who posted pictures and let us ride vicariously thru them.

Sandi & Jack

Same here Jack only I didn't have a new sled sitting in my trailer.  My kid did come home and rode about 200 miles around here. Not the same as Quebec.  Call us spoiled but that's the way it is. 

Now I may need some support next year on how to have a brand new sled in the trailer and can't ride it if the border doesn't open up. We have new 850 renegades coming.  

Have a great summer. 

A little over 1300 here, most all on Tug Hill.  First ride was late January. That was good, BAD and UGLY!  I was thinking, there wouldn’t be many more of these rides if this was how it was going to be.  Then came February, it turned cold, snow all over the state, crowds diminished considerably, trails turned into really good.  Had some nice days out.  Towards the end of February most of our usual Quebec gang trailered to Rochester.  Yeah I know, that seemed weird leaving the Syracuse and Watertown area to go to Rochester.  Rode from one of the guys home area down to Moravia for an overnight..  150 miles and took all day.  We had a good time though.  It was just good to do a saddlebag trip.  

Just over 1300 miles here in Central NY.  3/4's right from my house, which is nice.  Went to Tug Hill a couple times, trails were amazing there.  Overall they were all pretty good!  A month of cold does a lot of good!

Sucks not going to Quebec this year but being able to leave from your house after work to get some dinner with friends was pretty nice too!

4500 miles. Most of it in Vermont. About 500 miles in adirondacks. 500 miles on tug hill and 500 miles in central New York south of I-90.

Had a good time but my snowmobile track, slides, carbides, and suspension got a real workout compared to riding in quebec.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:24 PM, slimjim2525 said:

4,200 miles.  Took a 9 day saddlebag trip from Island Pond VT, to Fort Kent Maine.  The rest all in VT.  Miss Quebec, really not sure the border will be open for next season, will see.

I too am thinking the border may not open next year. 

Probably not 

According to what I saw when you return into Canada they are testing you and driving you to a covid hotel for release upon negative test result and a quarantine period, no questions asked no choice in the matter! Staying until Trudeau says you can go home. That's there own people 

6 hours ago, mikerider said:

I too am thinking the border may not open next year. 

A lot of talk right now about how long shot immunity is and whether or not shot immunity also prevents transmission....and lots of countries will not have any or enough vaccine, I hope Canada and the US get all the vaccine they need and we can have a 2 nation agreement....but the clock is ticking, we will probably have a very good idea where this is going by July. Maine better get ready, if the border does not open, they will reap big rewards.

No miles this year.

Getting my second shot tomorrow. Mrs GT is done.

I will be going to Maine if the boarder is closed next year.

My Brother in law passed from COVID a month ago today. It has been very tough on my sister. They were married 33 years.

Edited by GT Rider

3 hours ago, GT Rider said:

No miles this year.

My Brother in law passed from COVID a month ago today. It has been very tough on my sister. They were married 33 years.

So sad to hear about your brother in law. My condolences.

4 hours ago, GT Rider said:

No miles this year.

GT, very sorry to hear of your loss, every person at my shop has lost a family member, we are all looking forward to better times, I too am getting my second shot tomorrow, Best Wishes to you and your family, Bob.