Ticket from NH Fish & Game

Mac

I received a ticket from fish and game snowmobiling in NH.  I was outraged and am debating whether or not I should pay the fine of 248 dollars.  Im charged with "operate without written landowner permission".  Forestry work was in the area and not operational.  In fact the groomer and trail ran rite through the logging operation and spilled out onto the road where the ticket was issued.   On the back of the ticket it says my license and driving privileges will be suspended in this state.

Should i care? I am not going back to NH. I'm from NJ.

Does this ticket /complaint expire over time.

Come on guys talk me out of my foolish thoughts.  Should i pays this?

Common practice in New Hampshire these days, collecting money, that is what it is...same deal in Mass...that is why I will not ride in either state, you will be lucky to state your case in court and they know most will not take it that far, yes they can screw with your drivers license, I hear you loud and clear, it is very unfair taking advantage of people doing nothing wrong, that border cannot open soon enough, Quebec offers the very best hospitality.

Would suck to get to border when it’s reopened to go riding in Quebec and get turned around cause you owe money to New Hampshire for an unpaid ticket. Might never happen, but why chance it. I sure would not. 

Your choice. 

Pay it.  Is it your driver's license or right to operate a snowmobile being suspended if you don't show up in court or pay it?

If it is your driver's license, most states have a reciprical agreement: suspended in one state, suspended in all states. And if you don't show up in court, they may issue an arrest warrant for you. Most likely the warrant would only be applicable in NH.  BUT, good luck getting into Canada with an arrest warrant hanging over your head.  NH will either get your money or make your life miserable.

mike

Write a letter to the court explaining the trail was groomed and the unlawful area was not well marked and ask for an elimination or reduction of the fine.   Whatcha got to lose? This works better than expected often.   Not paying is a bad idea.  

Mike rider nailed it.  When we came off the logging roads the groomed trail just spilled out on what looked like a township road.  I suspect it was not township because my ticket says " operate without landowner permission".  Do they write tickets on behalf of the land owner logging companies???

Fighting tickets long distance is not easy and not doable unless you live within reasonable distance   Financially makes no sense for me.

I'm just venting and dreaming about my new smarter than me....... smart shox i just snow checked.  Ice say maybe no more Quebec.  There is no worse punishment.

- - -mac - - -

Quebec bob  -  says i hear ya.

smaclenan  -  says let it go.  probly best.

mike rider says  -  wont keep you outta Canada.

action jack says  -  not paying bad idea.

iceman says  -  Maybe Can't come back to Quebec.  This would be outrageous.

Thinking..........  thinking.....   the smart shox are winning.  oh this sucks.

I understand the frustration of a petty offense ending with a money grab fine, but if you can afford an $18k sled you can obviously afford a $200 ticket.  Pay it and stop whining.  Lesson learned, don’t ride in Pittsburg.  There was a local cop in island pond VT that used to do the same thing.  Write a ticket for something everybody did while coming into town to spend money locally on tourism.  Foolish I know but it worked for him.  In the end the long arm of the law will always win, right or wrong.  

7 hours ago, Mac said:

mike rider says  -  wont keep you outta Canada.

8 hours ago, mikerider said:

This will not keep you out of Canada as long as you show up at all court hearings or pay the ticket. 

If you take care of the ticket, by fighting it or paying it. 

7 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

but if you can afford an $18k sled you can obviously afford a $200 ticket.  Pay it and stop whining. 

This is spot on. 

20 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

I understand the frustration of a petty offense ending with a money grab fine, but if you can afford an $18k sled you can obviously afford a $200 ticket.  Pay it and stop whining.  Lesson learned, don’t ride in Pittsburg.  There was a local cop in island pond VT that used to do the same thing.  Write a ticket for something everybody did while coming into town to spend money locally on tourism.  Foolish I know but it worked for him.  In the end the long arm of the law will always win, right or wrong.  

OL Teddy     He was a real time Barney Fife for sure . 

Teddy from the Island Pond area, everyone knew he was there to take advantage of who ever he could when ever he could...the exact kind of guy I would love to see on a tow truck in my front yard.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:46 PM, Mac said:

Mike rider nailed it.  When we came off the logging roads the groomed trail just spilled out on what looked like a township road.  I suspect it was not township because my ticket says " operate without landowner permission".  Do they write tickets on behalf of the land owner logging companies???

Fighting tickets long distance is not easy and not doable unless you live within reasonable distance   Financially makes no sense for me.

I'm just venting and dreaming about my new smarter than me....... smart shox i just snow checked.  Ice say maybe no more Quebec.  There is no worse punishment.

- - -mac - - -

Sorry for your misfortune
In NH, operation of a snowmobile (or any OHRV) anywhere off of the established trail will result in a ticket for “operation without written landowner permission” results in the $248.00 fine. I believe it was increased for the 2019/2020 season from about $100  

it wasn’t stated what trail number or the location where this was but I’m guessing a logging operation either expanded or moved onto the existing trail and someone missed the posting - either on the club’s or nhsa site (?) Most of Pittsburg’s trails exist on paper company land and logging operations take precedence.