Ticket from NH Fish & Game

Mac

5 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

More proof that fish cops are not your friends.  They act like they are, but they're not.  This is me this year, skip to the 14 minute mark and see my interaction.

Night ride, cop shutdown - YouTube

I'm torn on this.

We all know good guys that are good cops, so would they be like that.... maybe.... this guy was most likely asking you questions to see how you answer ( just like the border guys\gals ), not really giving a crap where you're coming from, but to see if you were slurring, confused, etc ..... so if you were drinking I want you off the F'n Trail, right now! It's also his Job that we have all ( majority ) agreed needs to be done. We dont want drunks on the trail, we hate to hear about stolen sleds that no police ever seem to find, guys running with no trail pass while ours goes up every year, etc....

This being said, Northwood Law the TV Show is not doing these troopers any favors. I can keep ( usually ) a level head, my brothers go Off the Wall Ballistic!!! watching that show, these officers all seem to be waiting for you to make a mistake (  a real unintended, and with no malice mistake ) and then jump on you to make you admit you did it and you know it, just tell us you did and we can all be friends so I can write you a ticket and see you in court, all about the $$??.....maybe TV Magic? 

I'm getting worked up just thinking about it.

I think the officers that sit at stop signs and count seconds, ones that wait for you to pour out of a trail that you are not familiar with, you follow a trail to the best of your ability and if you end up were you shouldnt be...sorry I'm turning around... they should be ashamed. If they put up a sign or ribbon or something marking the area, no more money\tickets??

So we've all learned, pay the fine, make a mental note, and speak loudly with your wallet by never going back..... How many times do you speak with the inn keeper, restaurant owner, gas station guy.... hey we are never coming back here, and here's why...... Email the CoC for the Area and Clubs, most rely on Visitors $$$.

Just some thoughts...

Later

GutZ

First time ever a fish cop asked me where I'm coming from.  I don't drink at all.  It's none of his f'ing business where I'm coming from.  He was absolutely fishing to see if I was drinking.  My rule is I don't answer questions, period.  He then broke the VT governors directive to not take peoples registration paperwork.  They were told to look at the sticker on the sled, and if good, let them go.

I hear you 100% on the Northwoods Law show too.  They act like your friend initially, then get you to admit you did something wrong.  If people would just say "I don't answer questions", it would stop them in their tracks.  I had the same shit on my quad in the summer.  Got back to my truck, was drinking a soda and talking to my riding buddy.  Fish cop comes up, acts all friendly as he's spying to see if our quads are registered.  I am by the book.  He sees that I'm carrying my 9mm shield and aske me if I was carrying that on my quad.  I say, "I don't answer questions".  It ended right there.

As a general rule when stopped by police I try hard to be friendly and polite, realizing if it starts going in the wrong direction, I will most likely not be on the winning side...I may not like it...but usually most of these guys respond well to being treated with respect, and when in Canada, bad manors may result in no more border crossings.Who really knows what kind of notes end up at customs.

56 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

As a general rule when stopped by police I try hard to be friendly and polite, realizing if it starts going in the wrong direction, I will most likely not be on the winning side...I may not like it...but usually most of these guys respond well to being treated with respect, and when in Canada, bad manors may result in no more border crossings.Who really knows what kind of notes end up at customs.

Its easier to go from nice to nasty, then walk back nasty to nice...

Respect goes both ways.

GutZ

3 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Respect goes both ways.

GutZ

Something like 

“catching more flies with honey than vinegar” 

I always just ask for my lawyer. Even when they are just checking my trail pass. 

On the First 48 tv show it’s the best idea for sure. 

41 minutes ago, iceman said:

Something like 

“catching more flies with honey than vinegar” 

I always just ask for my lawyer. Even when they are just checking my trail pass. 

On the First 48 tv show it’s the best idea for sure. 

I carry a "Diplomatic Pouch", and can't be held up for any reason!!

LOL

GutZ

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

In case you forgot, this is in the USA.  You know, the place where you have the bill of rights.  You wanna give them up, go ahead.  Me, not a chance.  5 words if cops wanna be dicks.  I don't answer questions, and LAWYER.

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

Respect goes both ways.

GutZ

I hear ya Gutz.  Respect goes both ways.  They act respectful, and I know I did something wrong, no problem.  They start being disrespectful, or fishing where there is no crime, I shut it down.  The more you talk, the more they try to entrap you.

21 minutes ago, slimjim2525 said:

The more you talk, the more they try to entrap you.

No doubt about it.

33 minutes ago, slimjim2525 said:

n case you forgot, this is in the USA.  You know, the place where you have the bill of rights.  You wanna give them up, go ahead.

Damn right. Lot’s of people have waved the white flag and given them up this past year without even realizing it. 

Funny that NorthWoods Law comes up.  We were talking one evening about a trip to NH as we have never been there and one of the guys in our group had friends that said it was really nice in areas.  About an hour later that evening, I was flipping through the channels and stopped on Northwoods Law, not a typical watch for me, but saw whitegold on the screen and a sled and was immediately interested.  Watched for a bit and the fish cop was handing tickets out to snowmobilers like candy on Halloween.  Texted the boys in our group and said count me out, I will never ride in that state.

For the record: I respect & support The Thin Blue Line!

So it'd be a big oops if maybe the Maine Warden Service application numbers have dropped BECAUSE potential applicants are sledders & quadders who are hip to the show's (hopefully few) ball-busters?

https://www.abc10.com/article/life/game-warden-application-numbers-ar-down-the-service-hoping-the-numbers-pick-back-up-with-help-from-an-old-tv-show/97-8f1ef89d-b594-4ae4-8185-5eab615b67c8

Full disclosure: I don't know the show, so I just peeked at a clip of them stopping (and arresting) a 20 yr old gent ripping across a lake full of ice-fishing families in broad daylight.  He had a warrant for missing a recent court date, plus Buds in his backpack, so I'm all for thinning that herd at any age.

Sorry if this is unrelated: Louisiana Senator John Kennedy just spoke to the woke about the 100 million-plus gun owners in America exercising their constitutional right: “I don’t believe we have a gun control problem in America, I believe we have an idiot control problem”…"We have a lot of drunk drivers in America that kill a lot of people”…“The answer is to concentrate on the problem”…“The answer is not to get rid of all sober drivers (sledders)"

18 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

For the record: I respect & support The Thin Blue Line!

So it'd be a big oops if maybe the Maine Warden Service application numbers have dropped BECAUSE potential applicants are sledders & quadders who are hip to the show's (hopefully few) ball-busters?

https://www.abc10.com/article/life/game-warden-application-numbers-ar-down-the-service-hoping-the-numbers-pick-back-up-with-help-from-an-old-tv-show/97-8f1ef89d-b594-4ae4-8185-5eab615b67c8

Full disclosure: I don't know the show, so I just peeked at a clip of them stopping (and arresting) a 20 yr old gent ripping across a lake full of ice-fishing families in broad daylight.  He had a warrant for missing a recent court date, plus Buds in his backpack, so I'm all for thinning that herd at any age.

Sorry if this is unrelated: Louisiana Senator John Kennedy just spoke to the woke about the 100 million-plus gun owners in America exercising their constitutional right: “I don’t believe we have a gun control problem in America, I believe we have an idiot control problem”…"We have a lot of drunk drivers in America that kill a lot of people”…“The answer is to concentrate on the problem”…“The answer is not to get rid of all sober drivers (sledders)"

Hahahaha... Great now bring Guns into it......

I have no problem with almost anyone having a gun ( Or Drinking, a little Weed, etc... ( Time and Place for all things), but lets be reasonable, if you're trying to buy a sniper rifle on the "Down low" maybe don't give that guy ( Gal\Guy\Non- Binary) the weapon. Some people should be denied a weapon, I wish we had a fair way to judge "Who" qualifies and "Who" manages that.

No one likes the Gov' dictating anything. Not all criminals should be denied, Not all Non-Criminals should be allowed.... ( I should not have a gun.... Poor Gun Control ( Can't hit the side of a Barn).... but there are several serious implications both ways.

I believe if I want you dead... a Spoon works, Hands, etc.... I dont need a gun...LOL

Later

GutZ

We do have a fair way.  No felony convictions.  No prior restraining order.  No mental disease, and no admissions to a hospital for mental disorder.  It's impossible to legislate peoples future intent, 1 month, 6 months, 6 years later etc.  So let's not try.  Look up active self protection on you tube and see if a spoon, or your hands are gonna work in a lot of those situations.  That's ridiculous.

Edited by slimjim2525

• 4 weeks later...