TAIGA ELECTRIC SNOWMOBILES

Snappy Hank

Hey Iceman,

Check out the April 8th issue of Snowgoer magazine! Looks like a nice economic boom for shawinagin. Looks like they are going to manufacture sleds and PWC‘s in a new facility to be 340,000 ft.² . They are claiming production of up to 80,000 units per year, in a couple of years down the road. Sounds exciting for the industry.

Hank

Edited by Snappy Hank

Yes Hank

big deal for Shawinigan. The sleds look great and ride reviews have been great too. When they can make one good for 300 miles on a single charge, it will be much more interesting. 

https://taigamotors.ca/

i’ve been in contact with them and have offered to long term test any sled they need beat on. We shall see if I get one. 

Where I work the new Bobcat electric lawn mowers came in. No belts. Each moving component has its own motor. Good for 6 hour's of mowing on a charge. It really just hums when the mowers are engaged.  They have sold them all that have came in. The 72 inch goes for 35 thousand plus. I told them I would demo them anytime.  Should be interesting. 

What would our electric service and panels look like if these were all electric? Plus our electric Super Dutys, SXSs? Wife's trucks or cars? Imagine the stress on our grids with an inverse mix of fossil fuel vehicles to all electric.  Hell even 60/40 fossil fuel to electric mix.  All bolstered by unreliable "renewables".  In an ever colder world "saved" from Anthropogenic Global Warming by eliminating fossil fuels.  Think TX in record cold without enough electricity X orders of magnitude.  

Imagine lunch at Repos or overnight at 100 Lacs with an Octopus of 220v wires charging up the sleds off the grid.

#energystupidity

IMG_6516.jpg

Edited by actionjack

14 hours ago, mikerider said:

Imagine if Taiga could install a sound track that played out the sound of a two stroke triple triple!

What about the smell of a 2 stroker burning Koltz oil.

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Maybe a helmet with a solar panel? Charge while you ride.

How about a wind mill mounted to the front bumper. 

On 4/11/2021 at 3:20 PM, mikerider said:

Imagine if Taiga could install a sound track that played out the sound of a two stroke triple triple!

Ford currently does this with its F150's running on those ecoblow engines. You can use forscan software to shut it off.

16 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

How about a wind mill mounted to the front bumper. 

A stretch...but while at a gas station fueling up during moose hunting season, a fellow pulled in towing a utility trailer on which was a 5 cubic foot freezer and a small generator which was running to keep the freezer going. The small generator would burn very little fuel. Tow one behind your electric sled and charge as you go. Works for locomotives too - diesel to dc electric.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:24 PM, Shore1066 said:

Where I work the new Bobcat electric lawn mowers came in. No belts. Each moving component has its own motor. Good for 6 hour's of mowing on a charge. It really just hums when the mowers are engaged.  They have sold them all that have came in. The 72 inch goes for 35 thousand plus. I told them I would demo them anytime.  Should be interesting. 

Only 35 k for a lawn mower, no thanks, I think I will never get close to that in a lifetime of mowing my lawn.I can see AstroTurf putting these guys out of business.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:55 PM, iceman said:

Yes Hank

big deal for Shawinigan. The sleds look great and ride reviews have been great too. When they can make one good for 300 miles on a single charge, it will be much more interesting. 

https://taigamotors.ca/

i’ve been in contact with them and have offered to long term test any sled they need beat on. We shall see if I get one. 

I am quite sure that when they realize your offer comes with a free iceman sticker, they will be onboard!😁

1 hour ago, iceman said:

That is considered offensive language these days watch out. You are gonna hurt someone’s feelings. 

Friend once told me:  “I had a number of barrels of oil with my name on them when I was born, if you don’t want to use all of yours, I can help you out!”

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

https://www.taigamotors.com/blog/electrifying-snowmobile-trails-of-quebec

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Apr 12, 2022 11:44 AM

Subject: Taiga Update - First Nomad Deliveries

View this email in your browser:

https://mailchi.mp/taigamotors.ca/taiga-update-first-nomad-deliveries?e=158deec548

LEVEL 1 CHARGING    ~14 HRS

LEVEL 2 CHARGING  ~3.5 HRS

LEVEL 3 CHARGING ~30 MINS 

FOR 80%

Edited by PLAYHARD