2022 NEW SLED ORDERS

Snappy Hank

Well I pulled the trigger today, for a 22 YAMAHA SIDEWINDER LTX - GT, ink blue/regal gold, with EPS. I’m banking on the fact that the border will open this fall, hopefully sooner. It was a very disappointing season, as I was only able to get 370 miles on my 21 sidewinder LTX - GT. I will be posting pictures shortly, of a 2014 viper LTX -DX for sale.

just wondering how many other people have SPRING ORDERED new sleds.

HANK

27 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

ordered two sleds a 2021 skidoo 900r renegade xrs.  and also a polaris xcr 650 136.  one for quebec and one for new york.Screenshot_20210320-093845_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a98c88621deedf5e96f38b7c77b4cb0f.jpgScreenshot_20210320-093452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9c7fd1721fc74f0a515a6964140dfe86.jpg

Good buys. I bought a 600 Polaris this year for Vermont. Save the 900t for Canada.

You are my hero Blueblood, a touring sled and a performance sled. That was my plan for next year also but alas a financial snagfu shot the performance sled purchase down the drain.

After twice renting Polaris VR1's this winter, I think you are going to love that sled. It is an absolute blast to ride. If I didn't occasionally ride solo sometimes, I would for sure trade the Renegade in for a Polaris.

Ordered a new Mach Z, first ski-doo since 2006 to see what I think. Excited about the new suspension feature. I may have also ordered a new Tcat with EPS but in case my wife troll's this I can't confirm or deny this. Having driven an Apex in 11 with the EPS i though that was the greatest option to sleds and with a bad back this may keep me going a bit longer.

3 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

but in case my wife troll's this I can't confirm or deny this. 

I am afraid of getting Covid, and my wife selling all my snowmobile stuff for what I told her I spent on it to pay medical bills!!!!!!

LOL!!

GutZ

I didn't want to tell anyone i switched teams ....... but its time.  Ive been a Yamaha fans 30 years Sleds and dirt bikes starting in the mid seventies.  That love has ended.  Yamaha's decision to drop out of the snow mobile business and only build engines has changed my opinion.

I snow checked a Renegade 850 with Smart Shox.  For anyone who has not followed this story see vid below.  This is big.

On 4/18/2021 at 8:55 PM, MrGutz said:

I am afraid of getting Covid, and my wife selling all my snowmobile stuff for what I told her I spent on it to pay medical bills!!!!!!

LOL!!

GutZ

Your screwed, where is 200 bucks gonna get ya?😁

well...

-New Exit Shocks in the Front ( slightly used, if you count the tuning process )

-HD Custom Front and Rear Bumpers.

-Heated Seat

-New Larger Windshield

-FAST Air Middle Shock, Custom Controllers for it.

-ISO Vibe. Powder Coated.

Yup all for 200.00

Got a deal.......

LOL, im screwed!

GutZ

4 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

well...

-New Exit Shocks in the Front ( slightly used, if you count the tuning process )

-HD Custom Front and Rear Bumpers.

-Heated Seat

-New Larger Windshield

-FAST Air Middle Shock, Custom Controllers for it.

-ISO Vibe. Powder Coated.

Yup all for 200.00

Got a deal.......

LOL, im screwed!

GutZ

I will pm you my phone # to give to your wife, I will be happy to help out if you get sick.😂

7 hours ago, Mac said:

Smart Shox

Thanks for sharing.  Don't need it for hole-shot radar-runs.  And HOPEFULLY don't need air-time reentry dampening.  But I like where that's going.

7 hours ago, Mac said:

Yamaha's decision to drop out of the snow mobile business...

Hear ya.  Was a shame for sure.

'18 XTX preorders being our last hurrah. 

Nuthin's wrong with the '13 w/20k mi, still fun as hell.

And, y'know, they were innovating with the one-ton right up to the end: 

https://www.snowest.com/2018/01/yamaha-reactive-suspension-system

https://www.snowest.com/2018/01/yamaha-reactive-suspension-system?page=2

Anyway, thanks again & ENJOY the 'Gade!

2 hours ago, DareDog said:

20 years been on 2 strokes.  my first 4 stroke this year.  2022 Skidoo Renegade XRS 900 R  Turbo.      going from 120hp  600 etec  to 180hp 900R.   

That will be a truly exciting experience.  More power than you will need but great to have. 

On 4/29/2021 at 7:28 PM, slimjim2525 said:

I'm Yamaha all the way.  Won't own anything else.  Ordered a 2022 LTX-GT with EPS.

I “second” that idea, I also am YAMAHA all the way. That’s the exact same one I ordered. I will have 3 Winders and 2 Vipers. Will likely sell my ‘14 viper.

Hank

Yamaha makes a good product no doubt.  I prefer to pick the best in class though.

Honda ATV or side by side

Ski-doo Snowmobile 

Yamaha PWC

Boats too many to pick from.  Larson with a mercruiser sterndrive is a good choice.  Lots of good and lots of bad boats to pick from.  If going jet drive Yamaha would be at the top of the list.

I'll stay out of the Yamacat discussion.  To each their own.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:41 AM, PMAC said:

Not starting anything ,but how do you Yamaha faithful call the new Yamahas a Yamaha when their mostly a Cat with Yamaha a engine and decals.It would be like Toyota putting their name on a Chev truck and putting their engine in it.

Change with the times I guess.  If you're waiting around for Yamaha to get back in the sled business fully, you can forget about it.  Ride a Doo, no way.  A Polaris, no way.  Have 3 Yamaha snowmobiles, a 2008 Apex, a 2018 Sidewinder, and now a 2022 Sidewinder.  Have 2 Yamaha Grizzlies, a WR 450, and even a Yamaha snowblower that I went to Quebec to get.

The joint venture between Yamaha and cat, was a win-win for both players. Parts availability from both brands, at a Yamaha or cat dealer.Cat always made a good chassis with good steering and suspension, Yamaha on the other hand has a bulletproof engine. I don’t miss mixing gas and oil and the smell of two strokes. The longevity of the four stroke Yamaha is well documented, no replacing piston rings at   5000 miles. You don’t need to adjust the valves for 20,000+ miles. The arctic cat chassis is easy to dial in when doing your initial set up. I started buying Yamaha‘s when the RX - 1 came out and never looked back. Just my personal thoughts.

HANK

Snowtrax just released a sneak peak for 2022.

Yamaha motor, Polaris front end, Ski Doo tail end, clutches of your choice and is also available in green just in case you felt left out.

Options include a new M-80 rear suspension. (I heard it really pops) Lynx decals.  Danny ditchbanger handlebars.  Johnny stand up windshield.  

Same company also has a new Nitrogen helmet, boasting that it fogs up instantly with or without glasses.  

If the border opens up by December they are offering group tours out of the Cabanon that start with a minimum of 500 people 

BD242212-78D4-42F9-9965-448E3163BAF1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...