Where are the reports?

viper2

I know you guys are riding why not post conditions and pics? :pardon:

Here is one. Stayed at Le Cabanon for 6 nights starting Sunday, Dec 28th. (The day it rained) Was amazed the trails were good to excellent everywhere we went. They did recieve about 4 inches of snow on Monday night. None the rest of the week. Here is where we rode to in order.

Day 1 Cabanon to Kubec's, Manderville, Saint-Gabriel, Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Saint-Come, Coin Lavigne, St Zenon. 190 miles

Day 2 Cabanon to Mattawin River and back. 160 miles

Day 3 Cabanon to Saint-Michel, Cafeteria, (Trail from Cafeteria is back on the park road to L,Ascention) It was 11 out of 10. Mont-Laurier, stayed at Comfort Inn (New Years Eve) 175 miles.

Day 4 Mont-Laurier to Cafeteria, La Glacier, Cabanon. 180 miles

Day 5 Cabanon to Repos via 345, then back down via new trail #33. Old #33 is closed. When leaving Repos, go right at the road, then about a mile down on the left is the "new #33".

It crosses a few small lakes with single lane ungroomed trail for a little bit and then opens up to good trail. We rode the resevoir from Lac Taureau to Saint-Michel. 160 miles

90% of the trails were very good. I am amazed how good they were considering I almost canceled trip due to the warmth and rain last weekend. Here are some pics.

Here is one. Stayed at Le Cabanon for 6 nights starting Sunday, Dec 28th. (The day it rained) Was amazed the trails were good to excellent everywhere we went. They did recieve about 4 inches of snow on Monday night. None the rest of the week. Here is where we rode to in order.

Day 1 Cabanon to Kubec's, Manderville, Saint-Gabriel, Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Saint-Come, Coin Lavigne, St Zenon. 190 miles

Day 2 Cabanon to Mattawin River and back. 160 miles

Day 3 Cabanon to Saint-Michel, Cafeteria, (Trail from Cafeteria is back on the park road to L,Ascention) It was 11 out of 10. Mont-Laurier, stayed at Comfort Inn (New Years Eve) 175 miles.

Day 4 Mont-Laurier to Cafeteria, La Glacier, Cabanon. 180 miles

Day 5 Cabanon to Repos via 345, then back down via new trail #33. Old #33 is closed. When leaving Repos, go right at the road, then about a mile down on the left is the "new #33".

It crosses a few small lakes with single lane ungroomed trail for a little bit and then opens up to good trail. We rode the resevoir from Lac Taureau to Saint-Michel. 160 miles

90% of the trails were very good. I am amazed how good they were considering I almost canceled trip due to the warmth and rain last weekend. Here are some pics.

Great report! Glad to hear they are using the road again through the park,i was wondering if they would do that now that the lumber business is so bad. Do you know if the middle trail is being groomed this year from Repos down through Zec Gros Brochet.How about the trail from Chateauvert the old way down to Dam Giraldo?Last year they had that open again and it was nice,i don't think many people knew it was open. :drinks:

Great report! Glad to hear they are using the road again through the park,i was wondering if they would do that now that the lumber business is so bad. Do you know if the middle trail is being groomed this year from Repos down through Zec Gros Brochet.How about the trail from Chateauvert the old way down to Dam Giraldo?Last year they had that open again and it was nice,i don't think many people knew it was open. :drinks:

Middle trail is not groomed this year. Logging there again. New 33 like mentioned.

They are not grooming the Chateauvert trail like last year. Grooming from repo along road again. But they said at Repo they may be plowing the last road to Chateauvert because of logging. They aren't sure what will happen with sanding,etc.

I went riding on the weekend- with Al Verkest from Ontario NY and some of his pals- (stayed at Lee's place) we rode from St-Michel north across the lake on 33 to 360 - then east around the lake and south to the dam. Then we rode to Lake Stanislas, up over the Matahorn to St-Zenon, then back to St-M. I have NEVER seen the trails better. 95% of the trails we rode were perfect- hard, smooth, no bumps, solid base with a few inches of powder. The groomers have done it up nice. I know this area well, and have never seen it so good. No traffic at all- only 6 trailers at the Caanon, and no one in sight on the trails. Glaciere and Masse have almost no guests. Come on guys- get up here and support the motels and the club. They have all the work done, so come up and help them out. I know the economy is rough, but the trils are smooth. We had a great ride. The video is on my web site. Cheers. Ride safe.

I went riding on the weekend- with Al Verkest from Ontario NY and some of his pals- (stayed at Lee's place) we rode from St-Michel north across the lake on 33 to 360 - then east around the lake and south to the dam. Then we rode to Lake Stanislas, up over the Matahorn to St-Zenon, then back to St-M. I have NEVER seen the trails better. 95% of the trails we rode were perfect- hard, smooth, no bumps, solid base with a few inches of powder. The groomers have done it up nice. I know this area well, and have never seen it so good. No traffic at all- only 6 trailers at the Caanon, and no one in sight on the trails. Glaciere and Masse have almost no guests. Come on guys- get up here and support the motels and the club. They have all the work done, so come up and help them out. I know the economy is rough, but the trils are smooth. We had a great ride. The video is on my web site. Cheers. Ride safe.

We'll be there Zen leaving in a week and a half.We used to come up the first full week in Jan. but had a couple years where we had to bump it back so we just left it there,now the last couple we could have come early.Can't wait!!!! :drinks: