Lachute trails suck again this year

grumpysanta

NO GROOMING AND NO DETOUR SIGNS , ALMOST NO SIGNS AT ALL. WE CAME SOUTH FROM PINE HILL TO FIND THE TRAIL CLOSED RIGHT AFTER YOU CROSS THE NORTH RIVER AND EVEN WHEN YOU GET SOUTH OF LACHUTE AND FIND SOME TRAILS THER ARE NO SIGN BOARDS TO DIRECT YOU. AND THE TRAIL FROM 3 TO CUSHUNG HAS NOT BEEN GROOMED WHATS UP WITH THAT ????????????????????????????????? TRAIL 43 TO GO WEST OF 16 ISLAND LAKE IS CLOSED COMPLETELY ALL THE WAY TO DUHAMEL .

Came down throught there last night. Pine Hill to the west side of north river was good- River crossing by Price Wilson wasn't open. so we drove throught the streets of lachute to get to the other side- Nothing like riding down asphalt in a residential area to give us a bad name- Fortunately we got away with it.Got to the shopping mall and the trail basically stops at the "T" that heads towards st Andre. We off trailed it all the way to the sand pit east of the ultramar on the 158, then got on the north river and headed back towards st Canut. Obviously the trail has not been opened- I'll try and find out what's going on this week. For the past 3 weeks we've been leaving from Terrebone and the trails around there have been excellent- Fusee Blanches get 2 thumbs up from me.

YOU CAN GET ON THE NORTH RIVER AT THE ULTRAMAR IN THE PARK , AFRIEND OF MINE BLEW IN THE ROCKY SLOPE WITH HIS TRACTOR ON SATURDAY AND THE CLUB IS SUPPOSSED TO GROM TO THE ULTRAMAR SOON . ONCE ON THE RIVER THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO PICKET A NEW TRAIL FUTHER EAST OF THE OLD GET OFF TO CATCH THE NEW TRAIL . THEY LOST A LOT OF RIGHT AWAYS INCLUDING THE PIT WHICH HAS A CHAIN ACROSS IT BUT YOU CAN GO UNDER AND FIND YOUR WAY IF YOU KNOW THE AREA BECAUSE THERE ARE NO SIGNS . HOPE IT HELPS

We managed to get on the river by the ultramar, the section behind Price Wilson (going towards Grenville from behind the Walmart) wasn't open so that's why we had to run through the streets. Hopefully with the snow coming things will get better.

Yes i was at the gas station near ctire and followed the old ungroomed trail as far as we could then dropped on the 50 to cross the river and took some side road to catch the new trail by luck ... NO SIGNS ANY WHERE . BUT WE MADE IT BACK TO THE TRAIL TO Grenville ...

Just got off the phone with the president from my club who talked to their club ( Lachute ) and the fix is supposed to be done . Access to ultramar from north river and trail groomed across the street 158..... also another trail on the north river towards Colford Lodge because of loss of permission to use the road .. 43 to st. adolphe de Howard is closed but you can take cutoff to bring you over to Relais des pines area .. 43 west of 16 island still closed , under dispute with powers of govt. but people still going the `10 km dog trail to weir and from weir west is suppossed to be groomed by another club this year . gas is available at 16 island , check hours and days open , might be closed on sunday not shure . have fun . I will post when i get by the area , please send me your email add. i lost it the last time you sent it .

Just got off the phone with the president from my club who talked to their club ( Lachute ) and the fix is supposed to be done . Access to ultramar from north river and trail groomed across the street 158..... also another trail on the north river towards Colford Lodge because of loss of permission to use the road .. 43 to st. adolphe de Howard is closed but you can take cutoff to bring you over to Relais des pines area .. 43 west of 16 island still closed , under dispute with powers of govt. but people still going the `10 km dog trail to weir and from weir west is suppossed to be groomed by another club this year . gas is available at 16 island , check hours and days open , might be closed on sunday not shure . have fun . I will post when i get by the area , please send me your email add. i lost it the last time you sent it .