Quebec trail pass

Daniel

I saw that. The early season pass is more than last years full season. I think I heard the increase is due to insurance costs. $225 my seem like a lot of money but when you understand the cost of providing their trail system, it isn't that much. Quebec one of the top 3 snowmobile destination in North America in any poll.

$225.00 for a season pass is reasonable. Here are a few comparison that will make this amount look like a good deal.

NHL ticket for 1 game per person (3 - 20 minute periods of entertainment) $200.00

Season pass for 1 person at Mont-Tremblant $1100.00

Ticket for 1 Celine Dion show for 1 person $400.00

Daniel- Interesting comparison... Until last year I was a volunteer with a club. Opening the trails takes about a week- ALL VOLUNTEERS- The BR suck fuel like crazy, trail groomers are about 10K, insurance, break downs.. You know how often the hydraulic drives on a BRs let go???. Major bucks to get them fixed.

Maintenance. The list goes on. The majority of people that complain about trail pass prices are people that take no interest in helping out the NON PROFIT clubs. I remember in December 2000 we were opening the trail took about 8 hours to get 6 miles done.. Trimming branches, planting trail markers, signage, filling in ditches.. A couple of sledders pull up to us and start complaining saying "Why are the trails open yet?" One of the volunteers said" Why don't you give us a hand" The answer was "Oh I don't have time and I pay for a trail pass.. That's my contribution." Well he didn't have his 2000-2001 pass and fortunately the volunteer was too tired to let the idiot have it. Yes 225$ is a lot of money.. I am not in the sport of snowmobiling to save money. If people think it's too expensive then buy cross country skis. But then again how many times have you passed cross country skiers on a snowmobile trail....I could go on and on with this topic. Do you know how many new sleds are on the trail system with no passes? Go out and pay 12 grand for a top of the line sled and you can't pay 1.9% more for a pass... "Nuff said...

Daniel- Interesting comparison... Until last year I was a volunteer with a club. Opening the trails takes about a week- ALL VOLUNTEERS- The BR suck fuel like crazy, trail groomers are about 10K, insurance, break downs.. You know how often the hydraulic drives on a BRs let go???. Major bucks to get them fixed.

Maintenance. The list goes on. The majority of people that complain about trail pass prices are people that take no interest in helping out the NON PROFIT clubs. I remember in December 2000 we were opening the trail took about 8 hours to get 6 miles done.. Trimming branches, planting trail markers, signage, filling in ditches.. A couple of sledders pull up to us and start complaining saying "Why are the trails open yet?" One of the volunteers said" Why don't you give us a hand" The answer was "Oh I don't have time and I pay for a trail pass.. That's my contribution." Well he didn't have his 2000-2001 pass and fortunately the volunteer was too tired to let the idiot have it. Yes 225$ is a lot of money.. I am not in the sport of snowmobiling to save money. If people think it's too expensive then buy cross country skis. But then again how many times have you passed cross country skiers on a snowmobile trail....I could go on and on with this topic. Do you know how many new sleds are on the trail system with no passes? Go out and pay 12 grand for a top of the line sled and you can't pay 1.9% more for a pass... "Nuff said...

Good post...I too am a volunteer for my club.I work on signage and never asked a penny from my club.I pay my own gaz.