Quick weekend trip

doobraap

Just took a quick trip in the Chaudière and Bas St Laurent regions this past weekend. Rode from Jackman ME. to Mt. Carmel (Near Relais 540).

Took TQ 75 north from the border to Greenie 545 over to TQ 55 East then to TQ 35 East in Tourville. All trails were near perfect. Lots of snow. Not a lot of traffic out there considering it was a weekend.

We came back home through Beauceville and even St Georges trails were great. Gas was about .85C/liter

Turned 10K miles on the odometer too. Hope she holds together for the season!!!

All in all a great weekend.

Just took a quick trip in the Chaudière and Bas St Laurent regions this past weekend. Rode from Jackman ME. to Mt. Carmel (Near Relais 540).

Took TQ 75 north from the border to Greenie 545 over to TQ 55 East then to TQ 35 East in Tourville. All trails were near perfect. Lots of snow. Not a lot of traffic out there considering it was a weekend.

We came back home through Beauceville and even St Georges trails were great. Gas was about .85C/liter

Turned 10K miles on the odometer too. Hope she holds together for the season!!!

All in all a great weekend.

I did that same trip this weekend. Must have passed each other on the trail. :drinks:

Also my favorite area, adding Cabano and extending to Amqui and northern New Brunswick. Went to St Michel on tuesday because of the unfavorable reports on the trail conditions south of the river. Trails were in pristine shape there but still prefer Bas St Laurent. The ride up to Repos and Kanowata was 10+ on sunday. Passed maybe 10 sleds all day. I don't know how the trail system can survive with no one riding it but it will be nice for the die-hards as long as it lasts. I had a few serious conversations with old friends up there and they said after going down-hill for the past 3 years if business doesn't pick up this year the trail system will suffer big time. Trails are closing now because of low traffic and more will follow. Too bad!

Please say that's not true. That's the area I first started riding in up there and every once in awhile, I like hitting the are4a just for old times sake. I'm talking about the St. Michel, St. Zenon, Repos, Manawan and surrounding area. The areas north of St. Michel were always nice rides. I would hate to see them be forgotten. :sad:

Also my favorite area, adding Cabano and extending to Amqui and northern New Brunswick. Went to St Michel on tuesday because of the unfavorable reports on the trail conditions south of the river. Trails were in pristine shape there but still prefer Bas St Laurent. The ride up to Repos and Kanowata was 10+ on sunday. Passed maybe 10 sleds all day. I don't know how the trail system can survive with no one riding it but it will be nice for the die-hards as long as it lasts. I had a few serious conversations with old friends up there and they said after going down-hill for the past 3 years if business doesn't pick up this year the trail system will suffer big time. Trails are closing now because of low traffic and more will follow. Too bad!

I love the trail between Cabano and Squatec. That's one of my favorites.

The relais were busy but not a lot of people actually riding. They did say the trails just came together in that area due to the rain in December.