Does anyone riding the Eastern Townships?

mxzdude

Hey! I'm looking to ride from Norton, VT up to Sherbrooke and beyond. Does anyone know the snowcover?, and if all the trails in the area are open? Any info would be great. Thanks, the dude

Hey! I'm looking to ride from Norton, VT up to Sherbrooke and beyond. Does anyone know the snowcover?, and if all the trails in the area are open? Any info would be great. Thanks, the dude
...Hi, I talked to michel in lac megantic a few day ago. Hes a pretty good friend and he said it so-so there. Sherbrooke usaually has a lot less snow. So you might want to stay east on the TQ55. Thats what Id do.

Snow cover when we arrived up at Stornoway last Saturday was thin. Trail was covered in most spots, but any wind blown area's had less than 1". As you headed back towards the mountains, there was plenty of snow. Lac Megantic was OK, thinned out quick up at Stornoway.

Hi Dude,

A couple that we ride with just got back from the Eastern Townships. They rode out of Valcourt on trail 35 and then trail 5 to Riviere du Loup. They returned the same way. Trail 35 out of Valcourt was rough. :sad: They said 35 in Victoriaville ( the railroad bed) was very thin. From Plessisville and east was very good. They said not much traffic.

We are trucking up Friday morning. We were going to do the same trip but I might truck to Motel Bernieres in St Nicholas and start from there. That way we'll miss the bad trails. :yahoo: Maybe see you on the trail!

Jack

I don't have enough time to go to St. Nickolas this weekend. I'm hoping for a trip to there the end of the month. I'll probably ride the NEK this weekend . Conditions around IP and St. J were nice last weekend.

Just out of curiosity, Can you ride from Valcourt to Riviere du loup in one day? or do you spend the night around Levi/St. Nick? thanks the dude