Trail Pass/U.S. Citizens

wng-2

• 2 weeks later...

Just done reading up on measures being used in Quebec. Hopefully I got this correct. Quebec is currently at Covid level '1' Green.

Restaurants are required to have tables 2 meters apart (about 6 feet)

Bars, taverns and breweriies can only have 50& capacity.

All the above can have no more than 10 people or 3 households at a table. (Not sure if this means all ten people must be related to one of three households at the table).

All this has me wondering if it will be difficult to find a seat at restaurants and pubs and relais's.  (Many relais's have some bar seating:  50% capacity?) Same with restaurants with bars in the same room as dining.

Can't imagine what it would be like if the province goes to level 2.  

I tried to check on that but could not find anything about restrictions on hotels. 

Restaurants, bars etc. must record your personal info.

And no dancing or singing at bars, restaurants and weddings if alcohol is served. . (That means you Jak).

Edited by mikerider

21 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

Mike from what you read can two men from different households share a hotel room at this time?

I think it is ok for 2 different households to share the room as long as we stay level green 

both men would be vaxxed anyway and is no different than if you sit together in bar or restaurant

For level green

my wife has done several paddle board trips this summer and shared rooms with the others no questions asked.

again this is for level green

Edited by iceman

Being on the border of Quebec I have been to some Quebec bars and no issues. Also not heard of any issues for getting tables at restaurants at this time. I would say most places have adapted for Covid practices. That being said I think you will need to book ahead more this year than past years. Partly for Covid and partly as last winter there was a lot of newbies running the trails and filling up the places. If you're doing day runs say like Mike out of RDL I don't think you will have an issue or for those running out of the Delta. But always subject to change. I think the so called 4th wave should be finished by xmas and so far Ontario numbers are holding as I believe 80% of eligible folks here are now vaccinated. Not sure % of Quebec but i believe there vaccination rates are strong as well. Unless a new variant comes along and dodges the vaccinations we should start being able to get on with life more. That's my .02 cent

9 hours ago, iceman said:

I think it is ok for 2 different households to share the room as long as we stay level green 

both men would be vaxxed anyway and is no different than if you sit together in bar or restaurant

For level green

my wife has done several paddle board trips this summer and shared rooms with the others no questions asked.

again this is for level green

Ice

What are the tends, as you see them, getting more relaxed or keeping Status Quo.

And what will trails be like in 2 weeks?

GutZ

Checking the RDL Universel Hotel website I see that they have cut back their restaurant hours: no dinners served Sunday and Tuesday nights and closed all day Mondays.

I know in many Maine high tourist areas some hotels this summer could not rent out all their rooms due to lack of staff. Anyone know if Quebec is having this problem.

18 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Ice

What are the tends, as you see them, getting more relaxed or keeping Status Quo.

And what will trails be like in 2 weeks?

GutZ

I don’t see much getting more relaxed as of yet. They have most everyone here right where they want them. Cowering in fear. 

Past week has been average 700 new “cases” a day so creeping up. If it spikes you could easily see places go to zone yellow again for sure. Come late fall we shall see. I would not be surprised to see another curfew put in effect. At this point The only thing I am sure of is it still gets dark at night and in the morning hours it gets brighter outside. Big yellow thing in sky most days. 

In two weeks trails will be covered. With leaves. 🍁. Flat and fast. Rip it. 

70 km max please thank you. 

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

Checking the RDL Universel Hotel website I see that they have cut back their restaurant hours: no dinners served Sunday and Tuesday nights and closed all day Mondays.

I know in many Maine high tourist areas some hotels this summer could not rent out all their rooms due to lack of staff. Anyone know if Quebec is having this problem.

Many restaurants have cut back. Some closing 2-3 days a week, some not doing lunch anymore or breakfast and some going to take out only. 

This is a combination of lack of personnel to work, chefs waiters/waitresses etc. and the vaccine passport.

4 hours ago, mikerider said:

The hospitality industry  has taken a huge hit rright across Canada.  The government is still offering covid assistance and making it easier to get on and stay on Employment Insurance longer.  There is also travel hesitation, people just not comfortable going in public yet.