Trail Pass $$$$ going up.

iceman

57 minutes ago, 800R MXZ X said:

More concerned about the new speed limit if it passes.

Not sure what you are talking about. The change is not in speed limits, the new law, still being heavily contested, although I believe will not be taken back. 

Means for Quebec people caught speeding the difference now will be the points are deducted from your Quebec driver License. 

before any tickets on snowmobile never affected your driver license. 

Not sure if it applies to all Canadian riders or just those from Quebec.

37 minutes ago, iceman said:

Not sure what you are talking about. The change is not in speed limits, the new law, still being heavily contested, although I believe will not be taken back. 

Means for Quebec people caught speeding the difference now will be the points are deducted from your Quebec driver License. 

I thought I read they were pushing for 43 mph ? I hope not…..

58 minutes ago, iceman said:

Like anything to do with Snowmobiling, you need to pay to play. Not a sport for the frugal. 

Riding Quebec Trail.....Priceless.

I have to agree with Iceman on the above.

You can snowmobile in other provinces or states but Quebec will always set the bar!

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Will NY drivers get points?

https://dmv.ny.gov/tickets/about-nys-driver-point-system

Out-of-state convictions

If you are convicted of a traffic violation in another state or country, points are not added to your New York State driving record, unless the violation occurred in Ontario or Quebec.

New York State has a reciprocal agreement with Quebec and Ontario. Traffic violation convictions that occur in these provinces are recorded on your New York State driver record, and the convictions have the same effect and carry the same points as convictions that occur in New York State. This can affect your driver violation point total and Driver Responsibility Assessment.

35 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Will NY drivers get points?

https://dmv.ny.gov/tickets/about-nys-driver-point-system

Out-of-state convictions

If you are convicted of a traffic violation in another state or country, points are not added to your New York State driving record, unless the violation occurred in Ontario or Quebec.

New York State has a reciprocal agreement with Quebec and Ontario. Traffic violation convictions that occur in these provinces are recorded on your New York State driver record, and the convictions have the same effect and carry the same points as convictions that occur in New York State. This can affect your driver violation point total and Driver Responsibility Assessment.

Good to know

Permit prices for the 2021-2022 season

The price of a trail permit includes the cost of the liability insurance, defined as mandatory under article 19 of the Act respecting off-highway vehicles, as well as all applicable taxes.

• $ 375 for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2021
  • $ 455 for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2021
  • $ 700 for an annual trail permit sold in trail*
  • $ 285 for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (2002 and older)
  • $ 240 for a 7-day trail permit
  • $ 150 for a 3-day trail permit
  • $ 70 for a 1-day trail permit
  • $ 590 for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile
  • $ 30 for a replacement trail permit

The chart shows the increase in cost of trail permit VS the increases of expenses 

cost of pas has increases only 8% since 2016

during same period since 2016

buying new surfacers 114% increase

infrastructure expenses 40% increase

major repairs expenses 157% increase

it don’t come easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my annual trail pass!  I’m ready & totally pumped to ride the absolute best trail system on the globe!

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_10/A78730CA-D650-4FC2-94F5-216711029F0C.thumb.jpeg.64d14a435e892a164099bc8228e617dd.jpeg

8 hours ago, MrGutz said:

will they allow guys waiting on sleds with no Vin numbers to still get the early season pass?

Maybe order one with VIN of a sled you have, then switch it when sled Arrives?

I think its $15 

GutZ

Yes.....You enter all zeros or X’s for vin and license plate, then when sled arrives and is registered you can update info. 

Edited by iceman