Trail # 13/83 up to Parent/Clova to Senneterre

Kaz

Leaving Monday from Ontario through Abitibi/Temiscaming to Senneterre spending the night in Clova and down through Mt Laurier to Pembroke.

Has anyone been down #83/13 from Senneterre to Parent lately, what are the conditions like?

Also the map shows a private trail south out of Clova, what's that all about? Can we run that out of Clova or is 13 a better route when heading south to Mt Laurier? Any concern with gas with this loop?

Thanks in advance

Kaz

We rode Maniwaki- Ste-Anne du lac via Mt-Laurier friday january 23,Trails were in top shape. From Ste-Anne du lac we took 319 then local trail to Beauregard outfitter then all the way to Cents lacs outfitter.trails were in top shape.

Saturday january 24.We left cents lacs outfitter via TQ 33 to TQ 13 where JB Scott outfitter is located.We took 13 north from JB Scott til TQ 83-TQ 13 jct which is a few miles from Parent.TQ 13 was in top shape.Then we took 83 to Clova.Again trail was in top shape.Tons of snow in that area.

Sunday january 25.We left Clova and headed south via woodrunner trail.Instead of going thru Rabaska lodge,we kept going on Clova road til Classic restaurant in Lytton.The trail going to Rabaska is about 94 miles south of Clova.

As for gas availability

on 83: Lac faillon,Balbuzard Sauvage,Clova,Parent.

on 13: Pourvoirie Fer à cheval,JB Scott(?),Sainte-Anne du lac

If you are going south from Clova,gas is available at relais l'antre II and Relais Evasion.these 2 places are about 5 miles apart from each other.

Clova-Relais-l'antre II :+- 50 miles

Clova-Relais Evasion :+- 55 miles

Relais Evasion-Rabaska lodge:+- 90 miles(last year mileage)

We rode Maniwaki- Ste-Anne du lac via Mt-Laurier friday january 23,Trails were in top shape. From Ste-Anne du lac we took 319 then local trail to Beauregard outfitter then all the way to Cents lacs outfitter.trails were in top shape.

Saturday january 24.We left cents lacs outfitter via TQ 33 to TQ 13 where JB Scott outfitter is located.We took 13 north from JB Scott til TQ 83-TQ 13 jct which is a few miles from Parent.TQ 13 was in top shape.Then we took 83 to Clova.Again trail was in top shape.Tons of snow in that area.

Sunday january 25.We left Clova and headed south via woodrunner trail.Instead of going thru Rabaska lodge,we kept going on Clova road til Classic restaurant in Lytton.The trail going to Rabaska is about 94 miles south of Clova.

As for gas availability

If you are going south from Clova,gas is available at relais l'antre II and Relais Evasion.these 2 places are about 5 miles apart from each other.

Thanks Midrange

The trail you refer to woodrunner trail south out of Clova, is this a private trail? Can anyone ride it? On the trail map I have it shows it as a red line and not part of the FCMQ trail system.

Kaz

We were down Clova road Saturday, after spending night at the Schoolhouse in Clova. Turned left over to Rabaska lodge, that is a beautiful place. Plenty of fuel stops. The trail to the left from Clova road was butchered by the groomer, he made a REAL mess of things. I hope someone can fix it. Went to Mt Laurier, stayed at Comfort Inn, nice hotel. Trails were all good. Was my first trip to Devils Mt., cool hill. :)

We took 83 east from Seneterre last week. It's all good until you get to the reroute up to Monet. Martin has gas at his place and is just getting aquainted with the sledders. He was a hockey player and now has his place lodge set up for rentals just west of Clova. Signage is weak when you get to Monet if you are heading east. The trail right around Martins is new and freshly cut through the woods. It's passable, but could use some more snow & grooming. From Cl0va east to 13 was good. From Lac Fillion east to the reroute was good and we met the groomer on the way through. Wow, what damage from the fire in that area. Did not even see the fireplace from Domain Forshith.

We were down Clova road Saturday, after spending night at the Schoolhouse in Clova. Turned left over to Rabaska lodge, that is a beautiful place. Plenty of fuel stops. The trail to the left from Clova road was butchered by the groomer, he made a REAL mess of things. I hope someone can fix it. Went to Mt Laurier, stayed at Comfort Inn, nice hotel. Trails were all good. Was my first trip to Devils Mt., cool hill. :)
.... while in clova, did ya find out if the tamarck is going to open this winter. I heard somebody took it over..........

.... while in clova, did ya find out if the tamarck is going to open this winter. I heard somebody took it over..........

Tamarac lodge has been sold and is under renovation. Not open !

Will stop by Clova village in 2 weeks or so. Will get more info.

Relais Evasion....was that the old relais McDough? I went up there last year through Club Gatineau,his driveway/trail(11klms) was ploughed all the way. Also they had ploughed chemin Lepine all the way to McDough,is this the case this year? JG

Relais Evasion....was that the old relais McDough? I went up there last year through Club Gatineau,his driveway/trail(11klms) was ploughed all the way. Also they had ploughed chemin Lepine all the way to McDough,is this the case this year? JG

yes that's the old relais McDault.We ended up behind that payloader last year.Fortunatly we passed it after a dozen of miles.

But that is not the case this year.Chemin Lépine is not plowed in that area.

Sorry last message was directed towards Phil 1....still learning how to use the site ooops.

Restaurant Clova 819-662-3327 ask for Dominic. Stayed there on Wed. Feb. 11th. $87 room, dinner and breakfast.

Lot's of snow.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz,just spoke with Martin at Rabaska,he told me Club gatineau is open this year. I filled my tank up at Club Gatineau last year when i went up to Clova this way,from the reports i'm reading from this thread and others it sounded like Rabaska was the last stop for fuel to Relais L'Evasion some 200+klms???? JG

As for gas availability

Tell me more about Chemin Lepine going down to the Classic,how many klms from the turn off for Rabaska to the 117?,and does chemin Lepine meet with the 117 west or east of the Classic and how many k on the road before getting to the Classic? Oh! and what's the trail like south of the turn off for Rabaska? Thanks JG

Tell me more about Chemin Lepine going down to the Classic,how many klms from the turn off for Rabaska to the 117?,and does chemin Lepine meet with the 117 west or east of the Classic and how many k on the road before getting to the Classic? Oh! and what's the trail like south of the turn off for Rabaska? Thanks JG

Chemin Lépine or Clova Road is a fast trail right up to Lépine bridge which is located at km 16.From there clova road is plowed until highway 117 by Bowater but they are supposed to stop their logging activities these days.

If you want to ride it,you have +-10 kms stretch that is open by Bowater until km 6-7.That's where TQ 63 is crossing clova road.You take the 63 and your on your way to Classic Restaurant in Lytton.+- 20 kms .You don't need to go all the way down to highway 117.

Clova-Classic restaurant +- 135 miles

from the turnoff to Rabaska to Classic Restaurant +- 40 miles

Chemin Lépine or Clova Road is a fast trail right up to Lépine bridge which is located at km 16.From there clova road is plowed until highway 117 by Bowater but they are supposed to stop their logging activities these days.

If you want to ride it,you have +-10 kms stretch that is open by Bowater until km 6-7.That's where TQ 63 is crossing clova road.You take the 63 and your on your way to Classic Restaurant in Lytton.+- 20 kms .You don't need to go all the way down to highway 117.

Clova-Classic restaurant +- 135 miles

from the turnoff to Rabaska to Classic Restaurant +- 40 miles

Thanks for the info Midrange,just to be on the safe side,is it to the left i take the 63 to the Classic?

I have been out riding. Just got back, I see you got your questions answered.

Unfortunately I bailed off and broke my leg, surgery tomorrow AM to get repaired.

Ride carefully... :vava::bad:

I have been out riding. Just got back, I see you got your questions answered.

Unfortunately I bailed off and broke my leg, surgery tomorrow AM to get repaired.

Ride carefully... :vava::bad:

Thanks for checking in,sorry to hear about your leg and good luck with your surgery. JG