Safe places to stay in Thetford Mines

mxzdude

Hey, I am planning a saddlebag trip from Vermont. My first stop is going to be around Thetford Mines. I passed through a few times but didn't pay attention to lodging. I do remember some people having theft issues around there in the past. Is it still a problem? What places are secure? Thanks, the dude :good:

Used to be a bad spot for theft. Not sure how it is now. There is a couple name brand hotels down near the shopping area that have good lighting and such. Just lock the your sled to another sled or solid object and that seems to deter most theft. My Pro X was nearly stolen in Sherbrooke a couple years ago except it only turned left in the parking lot because I had the steering locked. Could see where they rode it around in 2 circles before abandoning it in the middle of the parking lot. I'd stay away from the Balmoral, lotta seedy characters seem to hover around there.

Hey, I am planning a saddlebag trip from Vermont. My first stop is going to be around Thetford Mines. I passed through a few times but didn't pay attention to lodging. I do remember some people having theft issues around there in the past. Is it still a problem? What places are secure? Thanks, the dude :good:

Try this one ww&.manoirdulac.com in St Ferdinand on Lac William (TQ 25) a little North West of Thetford Mines. I think I remember them having a gate system there for sleds and trucks.

If that doesn't work like S pump said use Kriptonite locks and stay at the Balmoral in Thetford Mines. Little noisy but lots of night life.

Good luck