Fall Pictures waiting for Winter

smclelan

14 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

Nice day for a rip in the ADKS. 
There was still some remnants of snow left on the ground in Loon Lake, same storm that hit last week.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/8B6FEE6B-07F0-4828-AD9B-7C7E34465F2A.thumb.jpeg.075b51ff1220abf8124ccbfd58e8d7e2.jpeg

Need to try out the trails uhhh..   upstate... 

Been focusing on improving horseback skills and have completely neglected my motorized vehicles.  

20211020_170936.jpg

1 hour ago, hparaptor said:

Need to try out the trails uhhh..   upstate... 

Been focusing on improving horseback skills and have completely neglected my motorized vehicles.  

20211020_170936.jpg

The oil changes are easier on those!

And you're never looking for fuel....

Looks very peaceful.

GutZ

6 hours ago, MrGutz said:

The oil changes are easier on those!

And you're never looking for fuel....

Looks very peaceful.

GutZ

Much easier on the oil changes.   The single stroke engines are quite inefficient and create other issues. 

On the flip side, full independent suspension with traction control makes for an interesting and comfortable ride after canter mode is engaged.   

Real horse power from the business end...

20211106_151929.jpg

Edited by hparaptor

3 hours ago, hparaptor said:

Much easier on the oil changes.   The single stroke engines are quite inefficient and create other issues. 

On the flip side, full independent suspension with traction control makes for an interesting and comfortable ride after canter mode is engaged.   

Real horse power from the business end...

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/20211106_151929.thumb.jpg.e2dd9070863c5b225185e99f67b69db5.jpg

Looks like a paint with some beautiful markings, do you have a full picture? 👍

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, smclelan said:

great thx...another nice one !!!

ps : your footprints.....😀

-39c at 7 am this morning

14 hours ago, mikerider said:

I want to see a picture of you sitting at the fire pit outside.

-25 F  in northern Maine this morning. I was a wimp and sat out the day. Quite a few QuebecRiders been in and out of the hotel this week.

Mike how are the trails up there this year?  I'm dealing with quebec restrictions and going there this year.

15 hours ago, mikerider said:

I want to see a picture of you sitting at the fire pit outside.

-25 F  in northern Maine this morning. I was a wimp and sat out the day. Quite a few QuebecRiders been in and out of the hotel this week.

Mike , time for ski doo absolute zero jacket...-25 will never stop you again...

Bob, I've got the Choko jacket which is pretty warm.  I used to be able to ride comfortably at 40 below.   But since the SkiDoo XS and Gen 4 chassis's came out, I have been colder. The seats are higher and the windshields for those chassis's were redesigned in that the windshield no longer has the little lip at the top.  

Thanks Steven for the pic with the fire pit and you. (But a forester with a gas fire pit???).

BlueBlood,  The trails have been awesome, grooming has been awesome and traffic low. Did not meet one on coming sled today from Millinocket to Libby's. There was a few spots of gravel showing on the pole line between NEOC and Millinocket today (it was fine a couple days ago).  So far one ride to Mattagammon, one to Libby's, and one to Rockwood. All great. We did loop around to Patten the other day and that area could use some more snow but was passable. I heard Aroostook County is good but low snow in some fields. The snow depth everywhere is thin, but other than patten it is fine.

A gent hooked up with me today to ride. He brought up two brand new Polaris VR1 850's.  The one he used today 30 miles into the ride had a detonation warning. At idle it sounded fine and ran fine the rest of the day. Went to pull the other one out of the trailer tonight and a big  puddle of oil under the sled. Looks like it is coming from one of the exhaust valves.  And I wanted to buy one of these sled so bad!!!

mike