TQ93 sawmill gas stop?

Andyman

On 9/30/2022 at 9:13 AM, doonali said:

If nothing else maybe the cafeteria will be accessible to thaw out in -30 weather.

First time through there a brazilian years ago was full cafeteria and had my 1st hot chicken. I even ate the peas 'cause they were smothered in gravy & frites were crispy.

Later years it was just the vending machines. But, y'know, it was as good as surf & turf at 30 below!

Edited by PLAYHARD

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, GSX800 said:

I’m unsure of the range for a 900 turbo in good conditions.  Have taken it out to 130 miles.  Not sure if it would make 150? Save your windshield washer bottles, or ante up for a LinQ gas can.  

I haven't done it, but I believe if you drove easy you could get 150-160 miles out of a tank. 

That said, from my experience it would be impossible do.  There is too many awesome straight stretches and too many hills to squeeze the flipper for ski lift!  Carry extra gas and drive the Turbo the way it was meant to rode.

💤💤👍

13 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

Good info, thanks Iceman.  We have a group going this year.  Will tell them to rig up some gas.  Im all set.  New sled, new setup.  Yamadoo.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_11/20221023_113149.thumb.jpg.46fa7460f40ec8b4093fa1a25bbf7358.jpg

Beautiful Sled SlimJim now are you going to “Pick” That Track? Or Run her the i is??

11 hours ago, Yeti62 said:

Beautiful Sled SlimJim now are you going to “Pick” That Track? Or Run her the i is??

Thank you.  I run not studded.  Had a stud go through the heat exchanger in Quebec 8 years ago and left me stranded.  It sucked, never again.  You get used to running without studs.

David and I made that run last year with no problems with our 850's. One thing though it was 25 below when we started and that cold the whole trip. Sleds ran great and there wasn't a big urge to really squeeze the throttle. Again, the trail was smooth and no snow to push though. 

Do remember just south of the sawmill going over a high trail that was windblown and a lot of rocks was showing. 

• 2 weeks later...

This coming February will make a quarter of a century since I have made this trip. As I recall, La Dore was the last stop on the lac St Jean end. Then there was the Saw Mill, and then there was a relais with a fuel truck, but rumor at the time the fuel was sketchy, and they were out of fuel when we went through. It sounds like the saw mill is not an option. So for 2023, where is the last gas on the East end, and what is the total miles to the next gas in Chibougamau? Thanks very much.

3 hours ago, wng-2 said:

This coming February will make a quarter of a century since I have made this trip. As I recall, La Dore was the last stop on the lac St Jean end. Then there was the Saw Mill, and then there was a relais with a fuel truck, but rumor at the time the fuel was sketchy, and they were out of fuel when we went through. It sounds like the saw mill is not an option. So for 2023, where is the last gas on the East end, and what is the total miles to the next gas in Chibougamau? Thanks very much.

There are 2 choices:

From the Petro Can on 93 south of Chibougamau to La Dore on 93 is 152 miles to gas.

If you turn east off 93 about 10 miles north of LaDore and head east to Pemonca it is 149 miles to gas.

This fuel locations are shown on the Quebec on line trail map.

48 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There are 2 choices:

From the Petro Can on 93 south of Chibougamau to La Dore on 93 is 152 miles to gas.

If you turn east off 93 about 10 miles north of LaDore and head east to Pemonca it is 149 miles to gas.

Great, thanks very much for this information.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

There are 2 choices:

I am unable to see the fuel stop on the orange trail to Pemonca. Probably not  a trip I would risk taking without carrying fuel, which I am currently not set up for.

Edited by wng-2

2 hours ago, wng-2 said:

I am unable to see the fuel stop on the orange trail to Pemonca. Probably not  a trip I would risk taking without carrying fuel, which I am currently not set up for.

I'm using a laptop and bringing in a close-up. The fuel stops (and others) often do not show up until you get more of a closeup of the area.