TQ93 sawmill gas stop?

Andyman

I spoke with the Club de motoneiges Les Loups du Nord in La Dore.

They are involved in a discussion with Resolu who runs Sciere 54. No decision has been reached yet whether gas will be available or not. 

We should know in the next month or so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Problem with that place is finding someone there to power up and supervise the pumps. They should just make it credit card access only and leave the pumps operational 24/7 but maybe there are laws about that and technical hurdles there.

I remember many years ago on one of my crazy ass solo runs pulling into there one sunny cold afternoon 

not another snowmobiler around, I parked over by the cafeteria and went inside to eat and rest up. I’m in there for about 45 minutes and the kitchen was all finished cleaning up from lunch and place was pretty quite. I’m laying down across a wooden bench resting my back and all of a sudden the place goes black without  electricity. I jump up and look outside and an electric crew is up in a bucket cutting wires. I’m like …,WTF…. And yes the gas pumps would be without power for approximately 2.5-3 hrs.

that was the last time at a remote place I ever stopped at and didn’t fill up right away upon arrival 

you never know WTF is gonna happen in a short period of time that will delay your trip

i remember getting down to LSJ well after dark and that was not my plan

10 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Problem with that place is finding someone there to power up and supervise the pumps. They should just make it credit card access only and leave the pumps operational 24/7 but maybe there are laws about that and technical hurdles there.

I remember many years ago on one of my crazy ass solo runs pulling into there one sunny cold afternoon 

not another snowmobiler around, I parked over by the cafeteria and went inside to eat and rest up. I’m in there for about 45 minutes and the kitchen was all finished cleaning up from lunch and place was pretty quite. I’m laying down across a wooden bench resting my back and all of a sudden the place goes black without  electricity. I jump up and look outside and an electric crew is up in a bucket cutting wires. I’m like …,WTF…. And yes the gas pumps would be without power for approximately 2.5-3 hrs.

that was the last time at a remote place I ever stopped at and didn’t fill up right away upon arrival 

you never know WTF is gonna happen in a short period of time that will delay your trip

i remember getting down to LSJ well after dark and that was not my plan

That would definitely suck! Can’t even cook your frozen pizza …

• 3 weeks later...

INTERRUPTION OF GAS SERVICE FOR MOTONEIGRANTS AT SIERIE 54 BETWEEN DORÉ AND CHIBOUGAMAU
Dear Bikers,
We would like to inform you that there will be no gas service at the sawmill 54 for motorists between La Doré and Chibougamau during the 2019 winter season. This gas service is located on trail #93.
Source Tourism Bay-James
  ·   · 

We can make it with our 850s.  Been more than 150 miles on a tank a few times.  Didn't  like it tho. All depends on your thumb. Lol

Been there. Towed my oldest boy on a 100 mile trail and he had to go hand twice and come back so I could tow him some more.  I would do it again in a minute. Lol

46 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Your thumb and conditions, 6-8 inches of fresh powder and 150 miles might turn into 120 on a tank?

I know exactly what you mean.  My sled will go 150mi on a tank, however I ran out of gas with it one time in less then 100 miles. More snow then was forecast actually fell the night before and we broke trail through 20" of powder for 85miles.

A story told many times since on other trips while sipping cocktails in the evening.