TQ93 sawmill gas stop?

Andyman

FYI

club in La Dore messaged me to let me know surfacer is leaving tonight for first pass up to sawmill and back

no word on when chibougamau club will do the other side probably soon

12 hours ago, iceman said:

FYI

club in La Dore messaged me to let me know surfacer is leaving tonight for first pass up to sawmill and back

no word on when chibougamau club will do the other side probably soon

You gotta give credit to the clubs and the FCMQ for still opening and grooming this trail with the no gas situation. I’m sure there will be big signs up at each end warning people.

will be interesting to see if some morons end up out there walking.

That's such a great trail. It makes you feel like you are truly out in the middle of nowhere even if you are riding parallel to the highway.  

Just a question because I don't know.  Is there any locals that live on the road near the trail.  I would think one of the clubs would set up a fuel depot in someone's driveway and profit both parties.  I'm sure some organizations might not like it.  

Several years ago the was an individual on the west side of Chibougamau that was selling gas from his driveway. It was not cheap but it gave us peace of mind. (Desmaraisville area)

Since then I have always carried extra full.

Edited by schooter

48 minutes ago, schooter said:

Several years ago the was an individual on the west side of Chibougamau that was selling gas from his driveway. It was not cheap but it gave us peace of mind. (Desmaraisville area)

Since then I have always carried extra full.

Used to be a fellow on trail between La Reine & Cochrane [100 mi. trail now closed] that took barrels of gas in by sled and lived around the 1/2 way mark selling gas!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 3:04 PM, Muskoka2 said:

Used to be a fellow on trail between La Reine & Cochrane [100 mi. trail now closed] that took barrels of gas in by sled and lived around the 1/2 way mark selling gas!

That must be about 20 years ago now isn't it?  I read last year that the big steel railway bridges near the gas mans camp have been removed.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That must be about 20 years ago now isn't it?  I read last year that the big steel railway bridges near the gas mans camp have been removed

I remember going over those bridges on solo trip’s  (twice no less) many years ago. I used to go to this crazy little depanneur in Le Rein ( long gone and burned down) fill up to the rim and take two 1 gallon windshield fluid jugs filled with gas. I would put one each down by my footwell and ride in and dump them 10-20 miles in. Those bridges were “bat-shit” crazy scary to cross (150ft off the ground , no sides ) and should have been tore down years before I crossed them. Truly one of the scariest sections I have ever traversed alone. I remember looking down in those valleys and seeing tracks going up and down those steep sides (thru the woods no less) and wondering in disbelief how anyone would have the “go-nads” to think they would make it....but they did !!!

i have two “momentos” from the trips out in my “man cave” and will take pics and story about both soon.

Edited by snowmaster2112

Here it is on my cabinet in my "man cave" where it has been for 20 yrs

Notice where I placed the poster and where the door handles are in the picture. Not one person has ever walked into my garage and NOT made a comment about that.

sexylady.jpg

Edited by snowmaster2112

11 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Here it is on my cabinet in my "man cave" where it has been for 20 yrs

Notice where I placed the poster and where the door handles are in the picture. Not one person has ever walked into my garage and NOT made a comment about that.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_01/sexylady.thumb.jpg.81d3aa8e7106a94726cd821fbfb9860e.jpg

C1B8A500-5EE5-4940-B352-94AB5441CFE2.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Just my thought here .  This isn't really a gas stop,  its a huge lumber yard that sold fuel to us riders.  Now that is been proven that that sector of TQ93 survived without us bothering them the answer is probably don't hold your breath it'll be available for us in the future  🤔

10 hours ago, dooright said:

Just my thought here .  This isn't really a gas stop,  its a huge lumber yard that sold fuel to us riders.  Now that is been proven that that sector of TQ93 survived without us bothering them the answer is probably don't hold your breath it'll be available for us in the future  🤔

I think you are spot on

but I will ask anyway as the season gets closer we shall see

10 hours ago, dooright said:

You are correct.  Last time I was there was about 8 years ago.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:56 AM, snowmaster2112 said:

Saw her on a tv interview last week, looks better today than she did 29 years ago, WOW.

On 12/3/2021 at 5:39 PM, Shore1066 said:

Been there. Towed my oldest boy on a 100 mile trail and he had to go hand twice and come back so I could tow him some more.  I would do it again in a minute. Lol

Sounds like a father son team I ran into one night at Rabaska many moons ago.

45 minutes ago, William Gaf Gaffney said:

Sounds like a father son team I ran into one night at Rabaska many moons ago.

It was along time ago.  How the story went was I had moved to north Carolina and left my snowmobile with him years before.  Well by then he had bought a few new sleds and was going to Quebec with his friends a few times a year.  Out of blue he calls on Monday and says dad jump on a plane on Thursday and we'll go to Quebec on Friday morning.  Started in Mont Lauria and rode to Clova. Rode west and had lunch and back to clova. Headed back to the truck and that's when the fun started.  He blew his sled up and I towed him to Rabaska where we met you. It gets better.  I went home to north Carolina and he calls and says dad I seen on craigslist a 800 adrenaline for sale for 5000 and he told the guy my dad will buy it. Of course I did. Now his brother who was in North Carolina with me says you buying a sled without me.  He calls a dealer he knew up here and he bought one too . That was in 2006 and we have been riding ever since.  We ride over 2000 miles plus every year and looking forward to riding for many years more. Great memories.