Which are your Favorite Outfitters/Pourvoiries

smclelan

12 hours ago, smclelan said:

Waiting for winter, planning trips with friends, thinking of where you would like to stay. Which are your favorite remote Pourvoiries to stay?  

Had to say plural, too hard to pick just one.

This is my top three:

Meekos

Windigo

100 Lacs

I would have to say Kanawata, Rabaska should be on the list

Very tough question , starting riding Quebec in 1988, so many have come and gone....we have made so many friends.... to the point where riding the trails feels like a home coming....some places are rustic and not much of a lodging destination, like say Halteparche, but the owner has become a close friend, Repo isn't much for accommodations, but a wonderful stop especially with someone who's never been there, Hotel Central in Parent is old an old run down place but the owners and food are wonderful, 100 lacs is a really quintessential stop that has everything the outback Quebec experience should  be, so I guess the best for me would be the whole experience of a couple of weeks out on the trail enjoying what ever and where ever the trail brings me to at the end of each day.

49 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Very tough question 

Yes it is a tough one.  When I first wrote the thread, my question was which is your favorite, I could not myself say one stands out, there are so many awesome spots.  I wasn't even thinking of Halteparche, but that is where I had the best home cooked meal on the trail. Boiled beef dinner!

4 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

This is probably a good thing. Mekoos runs a real good show !

On 11/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, quebec bob said:

Very tough question , starting riding Quebec in 1988, so many have come and gone....we have made so many friends.... to the point where riding the trails feels like a home coming....some places are rustic and not much of a lodging destination, like say Halteparche, but the owner has become a close friend, Repo isn't much for accommodations, but a wonderful stop especially with someone who's never been there, Hotel Central in Parent is old an old run down place but the owners and food are wonderful, 100 lacs is a really quintessential stop that has everything the outback Quebec experience should  be, so I guess the best for me would be the whole experience of a couple of weeks out on the trail enjoying what ever and where ever the trail brings me to at the end of each day.

Couldn’t have worded it better Bob

hope we get to see the old man and Gypsy this winter 

On 11/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, MrsGTRider said:

Domaine Valga in the Gaspe is one I like to stay at. Food is not fancy but definitely home cooked, one of the best steaks I ever had.

In another month (mid December) will be the 15th anniversary of me taking delivery of my 2007 F150

it currently has 44,xxx miles on it and 3/4 of that was probably making Quebec trips

in late December of 2006 (maybe early January) I drove it brand new to Sherbrooke to spend the night with my buddy Andre.

The next morning we drove to Domaine Valga and spent the night. We left our truck there and did a Gaspe run. I remember it being an awesome place too !!!!

On 11/10/2021 at 5:46 AM, snowmaster2112 said:

Couldn’t have worded it better Bob

hope we get to see the old man and Gypsy this winter 

Really looking forward to it, hope he is well, have tried to call a few times over the last year with no luck, was considering calling L'OMBRE to see if they know anything, be well Bob.

• 2 weeks later...