TQ63 Rt386 closed again this year.

Andyman

The snowmobile trails that cross the La Vérendrye wildlife reserve will be closed for a second season.

This is the T 63 trail to Belleterre and the R 386 to Val-d'Or.

The president of the Club motoneige Val-d'Or, Denis Lefebvre, affirms that the practice of snowmobiling is dangerous on these trails where snowmobilers and forestry company trucks rub shoulders.

Logging companies get more cutting contracts, and therefore more trucking. So, it becomes dangerous to travel by snowmobile face to face with the trucks and also for the snowboarders, so we will not be able to travel in the La Vérendrye reserve for a second winter in a row , explains the manager.

Denis Lefebvre believes that there will be no repercussions on the number of trails in the region since snowmobilers have other options for traveling the region.

They can transport their snowmobile by road to the region or take a detour via the Outaouais to reach Témiscamingue or further north using the path that crosses Lac Faillon to reach Senneterre.

I understand why, but man does that suck.  I love white birch lane, and Kitcisakik coaster that leads to Louvicourt Boulevard.  Tough for the Pavillon Lavenrendrye outfitter, I doubt it will be in the same hands by the time we get back there next year.  

0D2F6C41-A8F1-48AE-94DB-13FD2B0DD730.jpeg

That's too bad but understandable.  You don't hear of any incidents of truck snowmobile but I'm sure there are close calls.

Anyway ,great story, we took a friend to Quebec many years ago and left from Ethan,s on the south end of 396. When we got to the log cabin outfitter the first time raced about the trail.  I  told him the next section of 63 so I had read was even better. Well it was and the smile was bigger. When we got to the north section of 396 I told him be ready because this was going to be special, of course I new it was because of reading about it on Quebec Rider. To this day he still talks about riding the 396 and the fun he had on the hills north of the gas stop. I  don't know why that trail was so great that year but it's one of my greatest memories of Quebec. 

Hopefully it will be open again next year.  

From Senneterre take 83 East to Parent, then south on 13 back to Mount Laurier, or if we’re lucky the Lepine road is open next season and you can cut back south in Clova.  The closed portion is still showing red on the FCMQ app.

I suppose if time and money were not part of the equation….you could head to Val Dor then skirt the closed section by heading west towards Ville Marie then stay on 43 all the way back  to Rapides des Joachims then work you way back up to Mont Laurier.  That would be quite the detour.  

4 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

So I'm planning a trip to Chibougamau.  Heading west from Chibougamau, how can I get back to Mont Laurier.  What parts of 63 and 386 are closed?  Is it 63 west of Belleterre thats closed?

Closed from Belleterre right through to south of Le Domaine as well as north from La pavillon to Louvicourt.  As stated head east towards Clova and Parent and then come down through Sainte Anne du Lac.

Two years ago we left out of Mont Laurie and ended up in Cheval for the night and dinner. And what a dinner it was. Anyways we were heading north towards Parent and just north out of Cheval there was a trail to the left and a sign saying Clova. After I got got home I heard from others that it was a local trail that went over to the Lepine rd and then to Clova. I think Dominic had something to do with it.  My question is has anyone ever rode it and is it still there and open. May get a chance to explore this winter and I love going going to Clova. 

When we last rode it back in 2019, we came out of Clova. The first little bit was good, then we got to a section that was just being opened up.  That was some crappy going for a few miles.  Once clear of that section it was gorgeous trail to just north of Fer-a-Cheval.  That is not the Lepine road of old, just a shortcut.  I thought I read that the Lepine road trail was going to open again this year?  I’m sure someone can comment on that.

Ok, thanks for the replies.  Anyone know when the 2021-22 interactive map will be up.  The current map to Parent says closed in that area.  Don't even see Fer A Cheval on the map, I know where it is having stayed 3 or 4 times..  Also looking from Hotel Du Jardin into Chibougamau it looks to be over 180 miles.  Even carrying 2 gallons of gas, not gonna make it.  I need that gas stop to be open.  Been to it once,  it was like a cafeteria I remember.  Is the wood runner trail still a thing?

Edited by slimjim2525

On 11/11/2021 at 8:51 AM, Shore1066 said:

Two years ago we left out of Mont Laurie and ended up in Cheval for the night and dinner. And what a dinner it was. Anyways we were heading north towards Parent and just north out of Cheval there was a trail to the left and a sign saying Clova. After I got got home I heard from others that it was a local trail that went over to the Lepine rd and then to Clova. I think Dominic had something to do with it.  My question is has anyone ever rode it and is it still there and open. May get a chance to explore this winter and I love going going to Clova. 

We did it in Feb 2020 just before covid hit. Like GSX800 said the first part was ok then not so good. I am not going to bother with it again I am going to stick to thttp://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.8ee0a901aabe708eaca757f44dd02884.jpghe TQ trails. Here is a screen shot of our track.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at Cheval march 13/14 2020 .....we did not take the shortcut.....but heard it was good.....and Cheval is awesome! Ran into Florida Snowman there and in Clova - our loop minus the side tripshttp://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/Screenshot_20200314-195215_iMotoneige_1.thumb.jpg.9eef247d78a99afb995f2799dfef0f3b.jpg