Maine Hotel Advertiser on QR?

mikerider

Last season a Maine Hotel had an uptick of business thanks to some QuebecRider members staying at the hotel due to the border closure. The owner was very appreciative of our stays there and made mention he might like to be an advertiser on QuebecRider.   With the vaccine mandates, mandatory testing and other hoops to get across the border this winter, I suspect some members may choose not to cross the border and  opt instead to ride in the states.  A few QuebecRiders have already made upcoming reservations with this hotel for the coming winter.

I just wanted to check with members to make sure there is no angst of having a Maine hotel advertising on these forums before I contact the owner and see if he is still interested. Let me know if you have concerns.

mike

4 hours ago, mikerider said:

Last season a Maine Hotel had an uptick of business thanks to some QuebecRider members staying at the hotel due to the border closure. The owner was very appreciative of our stays there and made mention he might like to be an advertiser on QuebecRider.   With the vaccine mandates, mandatory testing and other hoops to get across the border this winter, I suspect some members may choose not to cross the border and  opt instead to ride in the states.  A few QuebecRiders have already made upcoming reservations with this hotel for the coming winter.

I just wanted to check with members to make sure there is no angst of having a Maine hotel advertising on these forums before I contact the owner and see if he is still interested. Let me know if you have concerns.

mike

Mike

I have emailed with him and he seems great. 

My only concern would be as the border opens, he may see it return to normal.

BUT I am planning to stay there at least a couple nights this year.

Beyond that, I don't have an issue. 

Later

GutZ

Perhaps a separate section? I'm always interested in various sledding areas and certainly a few commercial links come in handy to bookmark for future visits:

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/1849171987_u.s_info.jpg.dd9c730b211efaa9d2117f2908a33d61.jpg

u.s. info.jpg

I am thinking that for a paid ad the hotel owner would want equal coverage for his ad. The introduction of the new advertiser on the forums is probably a bigger ad than the ad itself. I haven't been getting much feedback from people whether some will pass on Quebec one more season or not due to the hoops of crossing the border, vaccine mandates, mandatory testing, less restaurant and bar hours and less seating etc.  and the probable high price of gas.  Should the border restrictions ease in the next month or two and should Quebec ease all their restrictions, I'm guessing there will be no doubt we will all be drinking beer in Quebec this winter. And for sure things will return to normal by 2023. 

Like I said, if there is push back from members about this, I won't pursue it.  The owner of the hotel is a great person and I am sure he isn't looking for controversy. 

mike

I just reviewed the rules outlined on the Advertising page.  I did not see anything that would say a Maine motel could not advertise on QR.  We have paid advertisers that are not based in Quebec now.  Quite simply our Advertisers keep this site on the web.  

Perhaps we can get an opinion from Scorpionbowl or CKF before we give the Motel a green light.

I have no concerns so long as we don’t have 100’s of ads in our feeds lol

I also don’t think it will be an issue this winter for those that come for extended stays. While I don’t live in Quebec I live next door and it appears their are less hurdles and all should be good. We up here have very high vaccination rates now and I think it would be hard for them to lockdown unless it’s found these vaccinations are useless. Yes fuel is getting more expensive but I am sure it’s not just us. Also remember you get a 25% discount with the exchange. I’m thinking my biggest hurdle this winter will be preplanning well in advance for rooms. Last winter was tough at times and this I expect will be harder given the influx of new riders. The only thing that might help out is everyone’s new sleds being delayed 😀

11 minutes ago, dooright said:

There's a whole section on here for COVID related opinions is my guess ...

Thinking we need....

Happy Birthday section

Maine Riding section

New Hampshire Riding section

Vermont Riding section

NY Riding section

PA Riding section

Everywhere else it snows section

Off Trail Section

Guys (whoops not politically correct)  Humans who wear black helmets section

Humans who wear any other color helmet section

good god (whoops not allowed to say that probably) where does it end???..

wokerider.com

might as well segregate it all. 

57 minutes ago, iceman said:

Thinking we need....

Happy Birthday section

Maine Riding section

New Hampshire Riding section

Vermont Riding section

NY Riding section

PA Riding section

Everywhere else it snows section

Off Trail Section

Guys (whoops not politically correct)  Humans who wear black helmets section

Humans who wear any other color helmet section

good god (whoops not allowed to say that probably) where does it end???..

wokerider.com

might as well segregate it all. 

Your suggestions make sense to me....

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/stickers.thumb.JPG.5e238687d0a3493a3c192898e63db58c.JPG

1 hour ago, jak said:

I said I have 0 interest in dealing with the vaccination crap at the border and will probably be in Maine this year.

maybe the true meme I posted ticked them off? 🙄

Oh, The horror! LOL!

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/F39F0B05-1EA4-4E97-9C94-A23744B6AFA3.thumb.jpeg.ff3f92bf96e6ea9569411f617df82783.jpeg

Edited by Jackstraw