Issues in Chicoutimi

iceman

• 3 weeks later...

So they had to do a random after crossing the border and the courier came to KM31 to pick up their test? what happens if the results show up negative and you’re then at a different place the next night etc… who contacts you?  I guess cell phone call if you have service but you could be a two or three day ride to get back to your vehicle and have to stay at other places to get back to it, sounds like a shit show but I am probably overthinking it , sorry for all the dumb questions. Enjoy and thank you!

Pipeman, we dont have those answers, we couldn't agree more , the process debatable ! They did send a courier to Auberge 31.

In our quarantine plan presented at the border we had committed to stay here for this entire trip. But we have wondered too how this would work saddlebagging?  

We realize we are in crazy times, we do what is being asked for as best we can to meet the requests.

7 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Pipeman, we dont have those answers, we couldn't agree more , the process debatable ! They did send a courier to Auberge 31.

In our quarantine plan presented at the border we had committed to stay here for this entire trip. But we have wondered too how this would work saddlebagging?  

We realize we are in crazy times, we do what is being asked for as best we can to meet the requests.

Yep I get it and just the fact that you are up there riding is outstanding! and congratulations to you for doing so. I was talking out loud to myself while asking you the questions sorry I didn’t mean to dump on you about it. Again I think it’s awesome you guys are up there doing it while I am sitting in Pennsylvania wishing I was,  in fact I just wish my damn sled would show up! Stay safe and enjoy please keep the pics and reports coming 👍

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, revct1 said:

Has there been any news on the spur trail into the Sag?

Thanks,

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack

according to both La Saguenne and Le Montagnais the trail stops at gas station just after Point S Garage. 

The gas is there on the corner you cannot get to Comfort Inn either. 

I will try to contact club direct to confirm for sure. But both hotels I spoke with said they are cut off. 

I really think the issue is at the shopping mall after the Sag. So maybe Sag will be reachable or club decided to just end trail at gas station to make it fair for everyone? 

My real contact at the Sag is on leave right now so was hard to get straight answer from person at Sag was like they did not want to admit it. However the hotel Montagnais was brutally honest and told me they are beyond pissed off but nothing they can do. 

They will be offering shuttle from where trail ends to hotel. 

Not enough snow in town no trails open yet.

Spoke to Club

La Sag and Comfort Inn will be accessible when there is enough snow 

the trail has been moved because of a new building construction

the Hotel Montagnais is cut off due to owner of shopping mall denying passage though mall parking lot to reach Montagnais.

Do we have a media-kit to send this prospective forum sponsor?...

KIMPEX ROUSKI GEN 3 RETRACTABLE WHEELS SYSTEM PILOT DS

472607.jpg?v=2

kimpex-rouski
Rouski’s Retractable Snowmobile Wheels

Rouski’s snowmobile wheels enable snowmobilers to ride easily, providing them with better control on hard surfaces such as asphalt or cement.

For your many stops at rest areas, hotels, service stations or during road trips, Rouski wheels will provide you with the same level of confidence and control in curves that you experience in the snow. Safety is therefore greatly improved.

Loading or unloading your snowmobile into and from your trailer becomes much easier. And no more scratches to your garage floor. And don’t worry, the stops on the system side will prevent the ski from twisting and ensure that your snowmobile’s parts remain undamaged.

Self-retractable Wheel system
Rouski’s wheels retract automatically as soon as you ride on powder snow. You can also disengage the mechanism through simple weight shifts on the snowmobile to lift one of the skis. If needed, you can stop your machine for a few seconds and reset the Rouski before you continue on your journey!

This product has a 1 year warranty on any manufacturer’s defect, starting on the date of purchase.

To find out if this product is suitable for your snowmobile, please check the product ‘‘Charts’’ tab.

Advantages
Here are the many advantages offered by Rouski wheels:
  • Protects your garage floor and your driveway’s pavement
  • Makes it easier to get to the restaurant or the gas station
  • Makes easier to load the snowmobile onto your trailer
  • Enables you to cross roads and bridges safely
  • Makes driving easier, especially in curves and hard surfaces
  • Reduces the wear and tear on your runners and skis
  • Works just as well when driving forwards or backwards
  • Maintenance free
  • No change to the snowmobile’s original parts
Other features:
  • Rust free
  • Airtight grease container
  • 25% lighter
  • Anodized finish
  • More resistant spring
  • Latch free
  • Can be installed without removing the ski bolt

On 12/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, iceman said:

Spoke to Club

La Sag and Comfort Inn will be accessible when there is enough snow 

the trail has been moved because of a new building construction

the Hotel Montagnais is cut off due to owner of shopping mall denying passage though mall parking lot to reach Montagnais.

Thanks Don.  I was really hoping we could ride out of the Sag if there is snow.  We have been making our Christmas to New Year journey there for many years.  Now lets hope we can cross the border.  Our sleds are already in Quebec.

Jack & Sandi