Latest COVID border deal

EastMark

Travelling from the UK we already do,   unlike you guy's we require an   eTa  (electronic travel application)  which is $14 cad for 5 year's . Which is great value for money as far as I'm concerned....  but you're  right i wouldn't be surprised if they keep the ArriveCan in place. 

23 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the ArrivCan stays in place for a long time.  It's easy and they would have a idea who is coming in and back ground check would be easy. 

On 3/20/2022 at 8:57 AM, markusvt said:

Last week was nice.  No sign of any random kits in the booth and as of last Monday no need to show COVID vaccination card in restaurants and they were at 100% capacity.

Good, hopefully the muzzle mandate disappears soon also.

28 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Good, hopefully the muzzle mandate disappears soon also.

Supposedly April 14 will bring the beginning of the end of the mask.

there will be holdouts as some will probably wear one from now on after the brainwashing they got watching news up here since the beginning of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there’s an official trip duration that might get you a random Covid test once you cross into Canada? I’m guessing if you do a day trip or one night, they won’t ask you to take the test, so it got me thinking if there was a hard break like a week or so.

32 minutes ago, scorpionbowl said:

Does anyone know if there’s an official trip duration that might get you a random Covid test once you cross into Canada? I’m guessing if you do a day trip or one night, they won’t ask you to take the test, so it got me thinking if there was a hard break like a week or so.

Not that I have heard of it’s supposed to be random. So nothing official for sure.

1 hour ago, scorpionbowl said:

Have friends that have gone for a afternoon and got the random test. Hopefully they drop the random after tomorrow as they dont require a test to cross the border April 1st.

3 hours ago, 800steve said:

Have friends that have gone for a afternoon and got the random test. Hopefully they drop the random after tomorrow as they dont require a test to cross the border April 1st.

I think the information below will answer your question(s).

With the impending removal of the pre-entry COVID-19 test requirement for fully vaccinated travellers, Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is clarifying the new process.

As of April 1, fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada will no longer need to provide proof of a negative test but will still need to submit proof of vaccination through the ArriveCan website or app in the 72-hour window ahead of their arrival.

The rules have not changed for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated Canadians who will need to follow pre-arrival, on-arrival and Day 8 COVID-19 testing requirements and quarantine for the first 14 days after arriving in Canada.

The CBSA confirms foreign nationals who are not fully vaccinated are still prohibited from entering the country.

Random testing of travellers, no matter their vaccination status, will remain in place following the April 1 testing requirement change and will be mandatory for those selected on arrival.

To determine if you're eligible to enter Canada, take the assessment at Government of Canada – Travel Restrictions.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:17 AM, stupe said:

I'm told the perch is from the locals ice fishing and it's only served on Fridays for some reason.  But its excellent, worth trying!  Enjoy your trip!

Confirmed this afternoon! True story! Definitely need an excuse to pass thru on a Friday! 

In the meantime, the NUCULAR (as George-dubbs says it) chicken fingers did not disappoint!

So much so, couldnt believe it myself, that I blew right past Hattie's Chicken Shack in Saratoga!