Latest COVID border deal

EastMark

7 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Sure hope Road Runner and gang aren't going to be the only group who rides this winter...BUT THIS DOES NOT SOUND PROMISING !!!

We sure were hoping to get back a few more times too Bob, looking very questionable currently!😜

I may have made a donation to the clubs by buying my trail permit😪

The fearless leader of Quebec has dropped the hammer.

no more than 10 persons for family gatherings 

restaurants and businesses 50% capacity

next will be the curfew stand by

And 

no fans at Canadiens match tonight. Not allowed.

Edited by iceman

7 minutes ago, iceman said:

And 

I really feel terrible for you guys, and everyone here who has high hopes of returning to normalcy...just a few days ago all of us and the outfitters were nearly in celebration of a really great season....I need the time off and away and they need our revenue, early indications are this variant is much less a hospitalization problem than the first 2 waves, this may be premature.

9 hours ago, iceman said:

And 

The habs are just using Covid as an excuse, there aren’t any fans because they suck ass this year 😂

I haven't seen anything yet stopping you from coming yet. Travel advisory by the Feds but no closing of the borders. Appears for now they will try an limit gatherings sizes in doors etc. I only ride in a small group so I should be fine 🙂

21 hours ago, 4ws XRS said:

Quebec bob do you ride in the Berkshires? I didn’t register in Quebec agin this year, but for the second year in a row registered in Mass., VT, NH, and Maine. Have nephews in Williamstown, so ride Savoy, Florida, etc. a couple times a year

I actually live on the top of October Mountain at 2000 ft...and never ride there other than maybe a rip across the lake now and then, I've ridden Maine and western New York and western Tug hill by lake Ontario, and a little of Vermont...but mostly just been spoiled 3 weeks a year riding Quebec since 1988.When I was a kid in the late 60's and early 70's I rode the Berkshires 3 -4 nights a week and every weekend...we loved riding nights back then...no more...and most of the places we rode no longer exist...we had the real estate back then...now we have the sleds...so it's been all Quebec!!

Bob! Dude! Are you OLD or sumthin'?!  Anyway, check with your ...'ologists and see if we're allowed to roll over here and grab some of the best burgers in the region:

The Fiddlehead Inn welcomes you to come enjoy the scenic Berkshire foothills of Western Massachusetts. Unwind and recharge while staying in one of five large guest rooms, each featuring warm and inviting country decor and a full private bath.

Later you can join fellow travelers in the community sitting room for casual conversation, or pop downstairs to our restaurant for dinner and cocktails, catch a sporting event or enjoy the live entertainment. The Rabbit Hole Restaurant and Tavern is a “made from scratch kitchen” featuring dry aged steaks, fresh ground burgers and BBQ. 

Enjoy the quiet relaxation of a charming New England town, while staying a quick jaunt from the bustling towns of Amherst, Northampton, Pittsfield, Lenox, Stockbridge, and Westfield. We are conveniently located near the Lee Premium Outlets, The Academy at Swift River, Smith College, and Westfield State College. 

In the winter you can travel by snowmobile to state groomed trails, which are easily accessible from our parking lot. 

Attention Snowmobilers
GPS Coordinates: 42.401182,-72.937484
We are located off Trail 8.

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Bob! Dude! Are you OLD or sumthin'?!  Anyway, check with your ...'ologists and see if we're allowed to roll over here and grab some of the best burgers in the region:

The Fiddlehead Inn welcomes you to come enjoy the scenic Berkshire foothills of Western Massachusetts. Unwind and recharge while staying in one of five large guest rooms, each featuring warm and inviting country decor and a full private bath.

Later you can join fellow travelers in the community sitting room for casual conversation, or pop downstairs to our restaurant for dinner and cocktails, catch a sporting event or enjoy the live entertainment. The Rabbit Hole Restaurant and Tavern is a “made from scratch kitchen” featuring dry aged steaks, fresh ground burgers and BBQ. 

Enjoy the quiet relaxation of a charming New England town, while staying a quick jaunt from the bustling towns of Amherst, Northampton, Pittsfield, Lenox, Stockbridge, and Westfield. We are conveniently located near the Lee Premium Outlets, The Academy at Swift River, Smith College, and Westfield State College. 

In the winter you can travel by snowmobile to state groomed trails, which are easily accessible from our parking lot. 

Attention Snowmobilers
GPS Coordinates: 42.401182,-72.937484
We are located off Trail 8.

heard about this place but never been there, raining today, hopefully we will get some snow this winter, but not looking good yet, ground is still soft, 18 one day 50 the next, maybe I will drive my car to this place some weekend, be well, Bob.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:06 PM, schooter said:

Second year making a donation. At least it goes to a great QR’s club.

So quick question, with any group that has made it over border, lets say you get the Test 2 Go at the border, do you have to\do they expect you to, quarantine until the results come back?

I was hoping to go up on the 1st, for a short run, but I dont want to waste 2-3 days of the 4 waiting around?

GutZ

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#randomized

Your arrival test results

You can travel on to your destination without waiting for your arrival test results.

If your arrival test is negative:

• follow local public health measures
  • wear a mask when in public spaces for the first 14 days after your entry;
  • maintain a list of all close contacts for your first 14 days in Canada
  • monitor yourself for signs and symptoms
  • keep copies of your proof of vaccination and pre-arrival tests for 14 days

If your arrival test is positive and you are a fully vaccinated traveller

• Immediately contact and follow the instructions of the local public health authority where you are staying
  • Report your positive test result to the Public Health Agency of Canada by calling 1-833-641-0343
  • Keep copies of your proof of vaccination for 14 days

At the border: For fully vaccinated travellers

By law, you must provide required information and documents. Answer all eligibility and health screening questions.

You may be randomly selected for the mandatory border testing surveillance program upon arrival in Canada. If you are selected for testing, you must complete your arrival test or you will be subject to quarantine and penalties/fines. You do not need to quarantine while awaiting test results.

If the test is positive, isolate yourself immediately and contact local public health authorities for further instructions.

You may receive notifications from ArriveCAN. If qualified for the fully vaccinated exemption, you may ignore these notifications.

12 hours ago, MrGutz said:

So quick question, with any group that has made it over border, lets say you get the Test 2 Go at the border, do you have to\do they expect you to, quarantine until the results come back?

I was hoping to go up on the 1st, for a short run, but I dont want to waste 2-3 days of the 4 waiting around?

GutZ

We had 2 in our group that got the test to go. No quarantine, just do it facetime with a nurse with in 24 hours and they will come and pick it up. Why they just dont do it at the border I dont understand? Everything else the same other than you need a mask everywhere and if you go to eat make sure you have your vax card, they look.

5 hours ago, 800steve said:

We had 2 in our group that got the test to go. No quarantine, just do it facetime with a nurse with in 24 hours and they will come and pick it up. Why they just dont do it at the border I dont understand? Everything else the same other than you need a mask everywhere and if you go to eat make sure you have your vax card, they look.

The million dollar question that we had when we went was:

Your PCR test was negative before you went but that coukd have been up to 72 hours prior , so  if someone in the group tests positive on this random border test, are you required to quarantine in place for 14 days?

The question we asked was would we be allowed to travel back to our home in the US if we test positive on the random test, and if you have your own vehicle and would be traveling solo and not contacting anyone in route. 

None of us wanted to be quarantined in Canada for 14 days!

Two different times the answer from the border patrol was that you could call the local authorities and request permission, and they would most likely will let you drive solo back to your home in the US?

No guarantees, but that was an impotent side note for us.

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

The million dollar question that we had when we went was:

Your PCR test was negative before you went but that coukd have been up to 72 hours prior , so  if someone in the group tests positive on this random border test, are you required to quarantine in place for 14 days?

The question we asked was would we be allowed to travel back to our home in the US if we test positive on the random test, and if you have your own vehicle and would be traveling solo and not contacting anyone in route. 

None of us wanted to be quarantined in Canada for 14 days!

Two different times the answer from the border patrol was that you could call the local authorities and request permission, and they would most likely will let you drive solo back to your home in the US?

No guarantees, but that was an impotent side note for us.

We had questions about 14 day Q also. Where do you find a place to stay for 14 days. Every place in Saguenay saw booked while we were up there.  Don, got any extra room in the shed to rent for a couple weeks?

6 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Don, got any extra room in the shed to rent for a couple weeks?

Yes, fully furnished too. Even got a ventilator, just in case. 

No cost to QR contributing members.