Latest COVID border deal

EastMark

2 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Love, love, love  the trip details but is there a better thread for the trip information and keep this one for COVID, asking for a friend 😉

More than fine with me . LOL

Why don’t one of you “admins” start a thread called “ and all the suckers stayed home” and throw all this stuff in it 

LOL

We’re finishing  up supper….. and this might be a little on the crazy side….

but…..

we are heading back to LeCabanon 115 miles south

as it stands we have 218 on now

trails are perfect, weather is perfect and we both feel GREAT 

37 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Love, love, love  the trip details but is there a better thread for the trip information and keep this one for COVID, asking for a friend 😉

Hijacked it was, this thread…lol

18 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

but…..

we are heading back to LeCabanon 115 miles south

as it stands we have 218 on now

trails are perfect, weather is perfect and we both feel GREAT 

Covid site or not visioning another 10K for 2022 season !

no consumption of meals inside or in an adjacent building...for snowmobile relays ?? pretty vague and non de-script...should say take out only...I can see with governmental aid why some will just close...maybe this is just for a few weeks around the holiday?? It will certainly stop a lot of people coming from the US..day trip from Montreal....no problem....this will tighten available lodging for sure. GETTING OLD!!

Relays are saying they will serve you food that you have to eat outside.  Rules in effect until AT LEAST January 17th.  We are going anyway, not the best but the winter is short and the border is OPEN!

Edited by markusvt

34 minutes ago, jak said:

Gonna be a little uncomfortable and inconvenient but I'm going anyway, we'll figure it out.

That’s EXACTLY the mindset everyone should be having moving forward,that’s what me and snowmaster did and had one hell of time doing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving this thread.  Anyone having any issues crossing?  Just signed up for my ArriveCan account.  Seemed pretty easy.  What are they doing for vaccine verification, seems like anybody can just upload a doc.   Any troubles or slow downs at the border?  Is there a certain amount of time you have to have your trip plans entered or can you do at the last minute?   Thanks for any insights.  Happy Trails!

31 minutes ago, ChrisWright said:

Reviving this thread.  Anyone having any issues crossing?  Just signed up for my ArriveCan account.  Seemed pretty easy.  What are they doing for vaccine verification, seems like anybody can just upload a doc.   Any troubles or slow downs at the border?  Is there a certain amount of time you have to have your trip plans entered or can you do at the last minute?   Thanks for any insights.  Happy Trails!

You shouldn’t have any trb. I’ve been up twice and it was smooth sailing. You scan in your vaccination card and passport and they are there for good. 
you take your Walgreens Covid test and print it out and have it with you. 
the app won’t let you put in your travel plans and date until 72 hrs before you say your coming. You plug in an address for quarantine purposes (this can be any hotel address) and submit the thing at the end and it gives you QR code right on the app.

Bam…your all set. If doing it same day I imagine it would work the same. Both times we were at the border at 7:30 am or so and had one car in front of us each time.

it’s really easy and that ArrivCan app is stable and works good.

have a great trip

No verification on anything, correct on that one.  You can do the app between 72 hours and 1 minute of crossing the border.  Make sure you have a negative test that they accept that is under 72 hours old, or a positive test they accept that is between 10 days and 180 days old.

If you get the random test you have to do it within 24 hours.  Have a decent internet connection and allow 30-45 minutes.  10-15 minutes to set up the account, 10-15 minutes to enter all the stuff from the kit and information on your crossing, and 10-15 minutes to do the test over the internet with a nurse, simple.

Edited by markusvt