Latest COVID border deal

EastMark

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

The question we asked was would we be allowed to travel back to our home in the US if we test positive on the random test, and if you have your own vehicle and would be traveling solo and not contacting anyone in route.

As US citizens you cannot be held in Canada. Just go to border and you go home. Problem is...no one usually travels alone. So saying you would drive back and have no contact, means no gas stops, no stop to bathroom, no food stops. Kinda impossible no?

they are winging this. They have no plan. 

10 hours ago, 800steve said:

We had 2 in our group that got the test to go. No quarantine, just do it facetime with a nurse with in 24 hours and they will come and pick it up. Why they just dont do it at the border I dont understand? Everything else the same other than you need a mask everywhere and if you go to eat make sure you have your vax card, they look.

I believe it isn't done at the border because the Canada Border Services officers and their union do not want to be involved in medical testing. Its not part of their duties & responsibilities. I don't think they really even want to be involved with handing out the test kits if the truth be known.

51 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe it isn't done at the border because the Canada Border Services officers and their union do not want to be involved in medical testing. Its not part of their duties & responsibilities. I don't think they really even want to be involved with handing out the test kits if the truth be known.

unions....."not my duty or responsibility"....blah, blah, blah

exactly why their member numbers have been going south for decades

ABOLISH all public sector unions NOW

11 hours ago, iceman said:

As US citizens you cannot be held in Canada. Just go to border and you go home. Problem is...no one usually travels alone. So saying you would drive back and have no contact, means no gas stops, no stop to bathroom, no food stops. Kinda impossible no?

they are winging this. They have no plan. 

Our biggest concern was getting caught up in a bureaucratic nightmare, where a "no common sense" individual decides your quarantine process. None of us would have cared about quarantine,  if we could still ride for 14 days😃. But the confinement and verification methods that some have gone thru was not something we wanted to experience.

Yes, one could make a break for the border without permission but does that jeopardize future entrance back to Canada?

That definitely was something none us wanted in jeopardy either🤔

Thankfully, we didn't have to find out😃

4 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

So saying you would drive back and have no contact, means no gas stops, no stop to bathroom, no food stops. Kinda impossible no?

In actuality, I filled up my standard 36 gallon diesel tank in Chicoutimi,  before going to the km 31, traveled solo, and made it back to Jackman without stopping anywhere for fuel and other than a "ditch side" restroom break 😉.  Granted not everyone has the fuel range for that but certainly you can fill up in an outside fuel pump without contact. So it is doable.  Just a matter of whether it necessary or not😃.
It was like 325 miles  from Chicoutimi to km 31, than back to Jackman 

Happy Trails

RR

21 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Easy peasy border crossing on 87 north 

Have had way worse pre-chinese flu

Super stoked 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_12/16405240872158282932278412630749.thumb.jpg.8c66fa368e8540e7d3291b9bf08c8334.jpg

Bienvenue au Quebec

3 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Super stoked 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_12/16405240872158282932278412630749.thumb.jpg.8c66fa368e8540e7d3291b9bf08c8334.jpg

Quick question, did you get Covid test at Walgreens? Looks to me that the "Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now)" is the one to use. Results in less than 24hrs. We are heading up Jan. 2nd

6 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Super stoked 

we're are you headed if your crossing over there and not using 81?

10 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Quick question, did you get Covid test at Walgreens? Looks to me that the "Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID Now)" is the one to use. Results in less than 24hrs. We are heading up Jan. 2nd

Yes that is the one to get

super easy and results emailed within a few hours

Fellow QR member “Cobra” and I hooked up in Albany at 4 a.m. this morning . So you got NY Chris and PA Chris

Got to Lecabanon around 11ish after a few stops. The place is packed and we are THE ONLY Americans here. Very strange to see it here like that.

Got out around 1:30 and headed to the dam. Surprisingly very good with ample ground cover and the 2-3 inches last night helped too. Yes a few icy corners and a rock here or there  but hey it’s early season riding. 

As usual out past the dam was even better with the 360 in good shape. Then when we turned left into the woods towards 345/M20 junction it was the “magic carpet” ride it usually is. Felt like mid season riding. Hung out for awhile and then banged out the M20 that was n excellent shape. Only groomed once so far so it hasn’t set up yet but excellent coverage. When we got to the M21 junction we could see the groomer had gone in so we follow. Turns out he was only 3 miles in so we back tracked to Lecabanon via M20/360 and then 345. Got in around 6:30 with 142 sweet miles.

we both had some issues at home that took our time this evening so didn’t have a chance to post. Will try and post some pics in the a.m.

OK

It's a "sea of purple " out there and Cobra and I are going to be leaving in a half hour and beat everyone of these sleds to the trail.

Heading to camp first via 360 and then M20 & M21 (the long way) get gas at camp and show it all to Cobra.

Then over to Repos and up to Kanawata and back to LeCabanon for the night 

Going to be a long day 

20211227_072330.jpg

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

OK

It's a "sea of purple " out there and Cobra and I are going to be leaving in a half hour and beat everyone of these sleds to the trail.

Heading to camp first via 360 and then M20 & M21 (the long way) get gas at camp and show it all to Cobra.

Then over to Repos and up to Kanawata and back to LeCabanon for the night 

Going to be a long day 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_12/20211227_072330.thumb.jpg.01316884b5132afa1326b87a40f2ba4f.jpg

I heard Kanawata is out of club sandwiches