Latest COVID border deal

EastMark

6 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

We are ready go. Woke up this morning and the ArriveCan receipt email was on my phone waiting. 

I don't about anyone else but this has been very stressful for me. Worry about passing the covid test, filling out the form's and then it said it would take at least one business day to receive the pass. I have to thank the Canadian government because it seems they have their shit together about getting us to do what we love and missed last year.  THANKS. 

I can imagine it is stressful for everyone coming up from the US.  Plus the fact you have to plan days off for the trip not knowing if you will even make it past the border. So far except Jack the dinosaur, everyone seem to be coming up and back with no issues.  Now with the restrictions lifted on restaurants and relais it is time to Motoneige Quebec!!!!

We crossed the border yesterday and both of us in the truck got the secondary test kit we pulled over in Cornwall Ontario to complete the registration and do the test while sitting in the truck. The place we were going to has lousy Internet service. It was a bit of a inconvenience but definitely worth it is the trails today were all a 10. It took us a little less than a half hour each to complete the whole process. If your test comes back positive you have two choices.  Quarantine for 14 days at your hotel or drive home.

1 hour ago, Snobeeler said:

We crossed the border yesterday and both of us in the truck got the secondary test kit we pulled over in Cornwall Ontario to complete the registration and do the test while sitting in the truck. The place we were going to has lousy Internet service. It was a bit of a inconvenience but definitely worth it is the trails today were all a 10. It took us a little less than a half hour each to complete the whole process. If your test comes back positive you have two choices.  Quarantine for 14 days at your hotel or drive home.

I bet you could just toss it in the garbage.  they would never know. Your fine crossing back into the states anyway. I haven't seen anyone post that they got there results while they where there. Especially saddle bagging. besides Trudeuo is in hiding! LOL!

40 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

I bet you could just toss it in the garbage.  they would never know. Your fine crossing back into the states anyway. I haven't seen anyone post that they got there results while they where there. Especially saddle bagging. besides Trudeuo is in hiding! LOL!

They took him to Haltaparche

Safe as in his mothers womb there

You will get a nasty e-mail saying you did not complete the test.  If anything happens after that I don't know.

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Maybe, but the next time you try to come back to Canada, there might be a check mark by your name and no go? I agree its pretty dumb to give someone a test with no results for 5-10 days and you are only there for 4 days. We were home for 2 days before we got ours back. But they make the rules. so when we go back next week if we get the test we will do them.

Trudeau and Jean-Guy from Haltaparche are now overseeing and testing the sample kits from his living room there on the "83".  They have Starlink 300mb internet to upload the results straight to Ottawa. If you are found to be "positive" you are to report IMMEDIATELY to the air strip in Casey. There you will be flown to Columbia in an especially equipped twin engine prop plane that is purpose built to handle Covid situations. Kinda like the 1976 John Travolta movie "Boy in the bubble". When you land in Columbia.....the rest is up to the "cocaine cartel"........

On 1/30/2022 at 12:49 PM, smclelan said:

I can imagine it is stressful for everyone coming up from the US.  Plus the fact you have to plan days off for the trip not knowing if you will even make it past the border. So far except Jack the dinosaur, everyone seem to be coming up and back with no issues.  Now with the restrictions lifted on restaurants and relais it is time to Motoneige Quebec!!!!

We left clayton ny this morning about 9 30 a got to the border before 10. Not one car In front of us and none in site. Got to the agent and she was polite and very professional.  There less than 5 minutes on on our way. Got up to Ethans at 3 30 this afternoon.  Lots of snow and best of all the trail we are headed for in the morning was groomed a couple days ago and had no traffic.  Info came from the groomer operator.  We are in  Rapid  des Joachim. We are headed for Timiscaming and onward north.  We are at the outfitter here and 43 is less than a mile away.  The owner is Ethan and what a wonderful person he is. Has a main lodge and a couple cabins.  Groomer operator said north of here there is tons of snow.  

Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day.  

The easiest breeziest factor was my positive case in early December!

A few doses of OTC cold remedies and a 7 day time-out gets you off the hook for testing in Canada for 6 months!

Either way, you'll find the whole thing pretty gentle once you get rolling!

For sure!...

On 1/30/2022 at 6:43 AM, Shore1066 said:

I have to thank the Canadian government because it seems they have their shit together about getting us to do what we love and missed last year.  THANKS. 

On 1/30/2022 at 5:42 PM, Jackstraw said:

You might be right but then again during the early part of the pandemic the police and/or the RCMP were making one and sometimes two visits to the incoming Canadian citizens place of 14 day quarantine to make sure they were following requirements.

I'll go with 800 Steve on this one. An article from March of 2020 states that failure to comply with Canada's current border crossing rules and restrictions can result in fines up to $750,000.00 and up to 6 months in jail. I'm not sure if that is still in effect but at the very least, I would bet your random test results or lack there of would show up on the border agents computer the next time you are looking to go sledding in Quebec. 

Taking the random test wasn't very difficult.  Thirty minutes the night I arrived and then I left the sample at the front desk of the hotel the next morning. That was Jan 23rd.  I haven't received the results from the test yet.  Now I'm back in Connecticut.

I don't mind the test if it means I can snowmobile in Quebec.  Just another hoop to jump thru.  I'm getting pretty good at this.  ☺️

Regarding the covid test we get in the States before we go up, I just had one this morning at 10:15 am and the results were e-mailed to me 11:15 am.  One hour turn around.  Pretty good.  That is Walgreen's NAAT test here in Enfield.

Jack & Sandi

Like Jack said above the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) is a NAAT test & is easy to schedule online in advance & is performed thru the drive thru window. I took one this morning at 11:45AM & got my negative test results emailed back at 12:25PM. Can’t beat it. Zero cost & results in 40 minutes!  

Heading to Quebec 4:30AM Thursday morning!  It’s been a long 23 months!!

• 2 weeks later...

Crossed the border at Stansted Sunday on sleds, 3 out of 6 got the random tests. Could not do the online tests on Sunday night for some reason. Monday morning no problem. On to Riviere Du Loup. Very easy back thru the border on sleds on Thursday.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:49 PM, smclelan said:

Well after all stress we went through it was worth it.  Got home tonight at 6 PM. Long trip. 2288 miles in 10 and a half days.  Went through cold weather, kinda cold  and perfect riding weather.  Started in Swisha to LaSalle to Senneterre then as far north on 93 as we could go.  Then to St Felice.  Followed a local trails north to 93 and followed 93 south to 23 and then to the Delta. Oh yes and others know I'm sure,  the 93 at the sawmill has changed to go over a mountain with gravel roads. Sucked. Delta we went to Mattawa and from there to the Goiun. The next day was long . Gouin to Val Dor.  Val Dor to Timiscaming and back to the truck by noon. Home by 6. Hands are sore, thumb is really sore and arms are a little longer.  Rode mostly all groomed trails. Some restaurants didn't like our vax cards because they have not seen them before but when you explain the border excepted them they agreed.  

Biggest shocker was cost of gas. 8 to 10 dollars a gallon.  More in the Bush. But it's worth it.  People are still great. Poutine is great.  All is well and time for bed. Be safe every one.  

2 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Well after all stress we went through it was worth it.  Got home tonight at 6 PM. Long trip. 2288 miles in 10 and a half days.  Went through cold weather, kinda cold  and perfect riding weather.  Started in Swisha to LaSalle to Senneterre then as far north on 93 as we could go.  Then to St Felice.  Followed a local trails north to 93 and followed 93 south to 23 and then to the Delta. Oh yes and others know I'm sure,  the 93 at the sawmill has changed to go over a mountain with gravel roads. Sucked. Delta we went to Mattawa and from there to the Goiun. The next day was long . Gouin to Val Dor.  Val Dor to Timiscaming and back to the truck by noon. Home by 6. Hands are sore, thumb is really sore and arms are a little longer.  Rode mostly all groomed trails. Some restaurants didn't like our vax cards because they have not seen them before but when you explain the border excepted them they agreed.  

Biggest shocker was cost of gas. 8 to 10 dollars a gallon.  More in the Bush. But it's worth it.  People are still great. Poutine is great.  All is well and time for bed. Be safe every one.  

How were trails Val d'Or to Temiscamingue?

6 hours ago, Muskoka2 said:

How were trails Val d'Or to Temiscamingue?

We took 309 to 63. We had fresh snow on it and a little pushy in the corners. But they were flat. No bumps. Lots of snow all the way.  They are doing a lot of grooming every day.  Be safe 

Sandi and I both got the lucky test this trip at the border this past Sunday.  We took the tests with the laptop at the Delta and refrigerated the tests overnight.  We left the tests at the desk and went snowmobiling.

I looked a couple of days later on DynaCare's website and Sandi's test was negative and my sample had:

TEST RESULT FOR COVID-19 PCR:
TEST NOT PROCESSED
An issue with the submitted sample prevented COVID-19 viral testing. Resubmission and retesting of another sample is required to determine infection status.

I imagine this does happen occasionally.  No one has contacted me via e-mail about a re-test and we are heading back to Connecticut tomorrow.  We will see what happens next time I cross the border into Canada.  I feel like the guinea pig.  I'll keep everyone informed if something unusual happens.

Jack & Sandi

21 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

So did they do a re route because you can no longer get gas at the sawmill? Or what is different? Does it effect distance to La Dore from Chib? Thank you 

Edited by Pipeman