Planning a trip

doobraap

Hi Guys,

I am in the beginning stages of trip planning for the year. How far is Chibougamau from Jonquiere? From there where would you head? We would like to go west and end up in Shawinigan in 3-4 days. We usually ride about 225-250miles per day. Any ideas??

Do a FCMQ search. There is an interactive map that gives milage between points and also lists secure lodging, gas & food stops. It is a little tricky to learn but well worth the time.

Chib to Jonq is about 300 miles I believe. There are many loops from there, Val dor or Sennitaire. Also look on Scorpionbowl posts he has great reference material on his site. Planning is half the fun...

:yahoo:

Do a FCMQ search. There is an interactive map that gives milage between points and also lists secure lodging, gas & food stops. It is a little tricky to learn but well worth the time.

Chib to Jonq is about 300 miles I believe. There are many loops from there, Val dor or Sennitaire. Also look on Scorpionbowl posts he has great reference material on his site. Planning is half the fun...

:yahoo:

Thanks, I have used the tool on FCMQ before. 300 miles is a bit much for one of my riding buddies. Is the ride up to chibougamau is moslty fast railbed? If so I can probably convince him to do it....

Thanks, I have used the tool on FCMQ before. 300 miles is a bit much for one of my riding buddies. Is the ride up to chibougamau is moslty fast railbed? If so I can probably convince him to do it....

we did that run in april, it's a full day for sure. not much railbed on the east side of chib. powerlines and good log roads are a good part of it.

We did Hotel du Jardin [st Felicien, North-West side of LSJ] to Senneterre in one day, 400 miles. The ~100 miles of railroad bed is on the Chibougamou-Senneterre stretch. La Dor to Chibougamou is also a long/fast stretch [which has only one gas stop that you must hit, at a sawmill off the trail]. The slowest part is Jonquire to La Dor, lots of road crossings and intersections.

Hi Guys,

I am in the beginning stages of trip planning for the year. How far is Chibougamau from Jonquiere? From there where would you head? We would like to go west and end up in Shawinigan in 3-4 days. We usually ride about 225-250miles per day. Any ideas??

You want to start in Jonquire and end up in Shawinigan? Thats different. How about Jonquire to Roberval, looping out to Mt Valin to get the miles [and great trails]. Then Roberval to Kanawata [83 west past Wemontachie, then local trail south]. Kanawata to Shawinigan for a 3-day ride. To add a day, Kanawata to Mt Laurier area, then day 4 to Shawinigan.

You want to start in Jonquire and end up in Shawinigan? Thats different. How about Jonquire to Roberval, looping out to Mt Valin to get the miles [and great trails]. Then Roberval to Kanawata [83 west past Wemontachie, then local trail south]. Kanawata to Shawinigan for a 3-day ride. To add a day, Kanawata to Mt Laurier area, then day 4 to Shawinigan.

Well I already have the first half of the week planned... Shawinigan to Jonquiere. Ride the Valin area for a few days then head out. I have ridden all over Valin, Gaspe, Bas st laurent, etc so I wanted to try the western part of Quebec. We have 8 days so we can cover some good ground.

I did a very similar trip a couple of years ago . We started and ended in LaTuque( which is a little north of shawinigan). Day 1 LaTuque to Sennetere, day 2 Sennetere to Chibougamou, day 3 Chibougamou to Roberval(there was plenty of time to make it to Jonquiere that day if we had wanted to.) and the last day Roberval to LaTuque(we were loaded on the trailer and heading for home at noon.)The longest day was day 1 we left LaTuque just after daylight and arrived at Balbuzzar Savage at dark.