FCMQ Interactive Map

smclelan

I see the new 2021-22 FCMQ Interactive Map has a street view option this year. I happened to click on La Cache and it almost looks like a elevated view and it moves with my phone. Also noticed La Cache has installed a large bank of Solar Panels out back. That should lessen there issues if they have a failure with generators and likely reduce the fuel bill. 

Back in 2019 we pulled into La Cache for gas.  Generator down and d they were waiting for the repairman to arrive.  There was another group of riders there along with the seven of us.  The repairman arrived and wasn’t having any luck getting the primary or backup generator running.  The backup generator would run for a minute or so and shutdown due to no oil pressure.  We had the repairman start it for us again and saw the analog gauge on the generator control panel showed good oil pressure so we had him bypass the oil pressure sensor.  Generator back on line.  When we got there there were about 15 sleds needing gas.  This is what it looked like by the time the generator was back online.  

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Back in 2019 we pulled into La Cache for gas.  Generator down and d they were waiting for the repairman to arrive.  There was another group of riders there along with the seven of us.  The repairman arrived and wasn’t having any luck getting the primary or backup generator running.  The backup generator would run for a minute or so and shutdown due to no oil pressure.  We had the repairman start it for us again and saw the analog gauge on the generator control panel showed good oil pressure so we had him bypass the oil pressure sensor.  Generator back on line.  When we got there there were about 15 sleds needing gas.  This is what it looked like by the time the generator was back online.  

I believe they had lots of generator trouble that winter. I was there with a group that jerry-rigged their generator to get them powered up again.  

That was most likely our group. Would have been the first week in February. We tried for awhile to connect a small portable generator to the gas pumps that the generator repairman had brought with him.  The wiring to the pumps was a soup sandwich without having a schematic diagram.  

On 11/27/2021 at 12:19 PM, smclelan said:

I see the new 2021-22 FCMQ Interactive Map has a street view option this year. I happened to click on La Cache and it almost looks like a elevated view and it moves with my phone. Also noticed La Cache has installed a large bank of Solar Panels out back. That should lessen there issues if they have a failure with generators and likely reduce the fuel bill. 

Steven I was looking at the street view of LaCache also. I see the motel unit beside the main building is gone. On their website it says no lodging available at this time. Do you know if they are building some new accommodations and have something available for this winter? 

Screenshot (56).png

1 hour ago, Fuse6 said:

Steven I was looking at the street view of LaCache also. I see the motel unit beside the main building is gone. On their website it says no lodging available at this time. Do you know if they are building some new accommodations and have something available for this winter? 

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_11/935014536_Screenshot(56).thumb.png.6fecb5e40740893fc4762878c2ea1a54.png

They were talking about building mini chalets in back of main building. Not sure of progress on that. I will inquire tonight. I will get back to you on this.

Edited by iceman

2 hours ago, iceman said:

They were talking about building mini chalets in back of main building. Not sure of progress on that. I will inquire tonight. I will get back to you on this.

Thank you Ice, you are a huge help on here and we greatly appreciate it 👍

1 hour ago, iceman said:

La Cache contact responded last night.

Gas

Food 

ATM

2 rooms available upstairs with double beds. 

Next year will be much more rooms.

Thanks for looking into this Iceman

Be sure to reserve ahead for la Cache   1 581 880 6025 

they are already being booked. Next year should be much different story. If they get done what they are hoping. It will be a real destination. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Be sure to reserve ahead for la Cache   1 581 880 6025 

they are already being booked. Next year should be much different story. If they get done what they are hoping. It will be a real destination. 

Good news, hope they do the upgrades.  

I have always thought  couple cabins there would be a great overnight stop.