TRAIL COND.

grumpysanta

Tried Ile Bizard yesterday- As Usual the club had all their trails groomed, great job but everything was glare ice, or ice, or frozen hardpack snow- Jumping off trail was useless as the snow was just frozen- (This was around 10:30 am) Maybe with the sun it would have softened up- Don't know. I jumped on the river and crossed to St Marthe and rode up to the 640 junction. Same crap. Turned around and headed back. The river is 90% glare ice that is as hard as concrete- No cooling no slide lube- Until we get snow, down below is going to be a free for all with the 4 wheelers- Hopefuly the snow they are forecasting this week will bring everything back to normal- The plus side is we have a solid rock hard base that should still be around in April.

Tried Ile Bizard yesterday- As Usual the club had all their trails groomed, great job but everything was glare ice, or ice, or frozen hardpack snow- Jumping off trail was useless as the snow was just frozen- (This was around 10:30 am) Maybe with the sun it would have softened up- Don't know. I jumped on the river and crossed to St Marthe and rode up to the 640 junction. Same crap. Turned around and headed back. The river is 90% glare ice that is as hard as concrete- No cooling no slide lube- Until we get snow, down below is going to be a free for all with the 4 wheelers- Hopefuly the snow they are forecasting this week will bring everything back to normal- The plus side is we have a solid rock hard base that should still be around in April.

TKS FOR INFO . YES SNOW SHOULD HELP I heard it is better above lachute , i will try tomorrow , not enough snow as they said , Did you go to the poker run , i did but did not win..

• 2 weeks later...

did lac louisa last saturday trail was in very good shape both ways

did lac louisa last saturday trail was in very good shape both ways

I rode my atv to down the lake(Lake St.Louis) from my house using the sled trail,trail was all ice and a very hard granular surface,anybody riding a sled on that would be a fool. The lake was all ice no snow to be seen of. It was great to get on my atv for a change,just got off my seld from a 5 day trip,just got back in time before the rain.