Saddlebag Quarantine Plans?

GSX800

Looking for fellow Quebec Rider thoughts on their quarantine plans that have to be submitted when you enter Canada.  Is it good enough to say that you will be here on this night, and here on the next night all the way through your entire trip?  I thought this may be a helpful topic as there are probably just more than me that are wondering the same.

35 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Why are you quarantining?

The following website includes newly updated rules (adjusted due to Omicron) for Americans coming into Canada. 

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#entry-vaccinatedtravellers-entering-canada#entry-vaccinated

The above website includes the following:

2. Quarantine plan in case you don’t qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller

You must be prepared to quarantine for 14 days, in case you:

• don’t meet the requirements of a fully vaccinated traveller

A suitable quarantine plan must be entered into ArriveCAN. You may be asked to explain your quarantine plan at the border.

Oh.  Well if you get stuck in quarantine you're not riding anywhere.  Basically locked in the hotel room for the duration.  Youre not allowed to walk to the hotel lobby or go into any other public space.  That said if you're not a Canadian citizen you're getting refused entry if you don't meet the requirements of a fully vaccinated traveller.  So it's all a mute point.  I think that's the point that gets missed.  Quarantine plans are for unvaccinated Canadians coming back home who will not be denied entry to their home country.  Not saying this won't change, but right now that's how it works.

Or if you ARE a fully vaxxed up American entering and hit with the random test and come up positive. This is where the quarantine plan comes into place and why they require you give one. As of today. Tomorrow? Who knows.

1 hour ago, markusvt said:

I just filled out the APP, I put in your address, said you had a spare room in the basement with a separate entrance, was that OK?

Yes sir, that will work....Team Vermont is always welcome at Iceman HQ. 

10 hours ago, iceman said:

Or if you ARE a fully vaxxed up American entering and hit with the random test and come up positive. This is where the quarantine plan comes into place and why they require you give one. As of today. Tomorrow? Who knows.

Does that mean that if you are randomly tested and you fail then they keep you and won't turn you around.  What is the 72 hour pre test for. Plus there is a few Quebec Riders in that they might not want to keep. LOL

I have to agree that it is probably a moot point.  For those of us going to Canada from the US, we would need to be fully vaccinated with qualified COVID test results.  It looks then like the only way you would need a quarantine plan is by having a random test come up positive.  In that case, you’re probably heading back home.

28 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

It looks then like the only way you would need a quarantine plan is by having a random test come up positive.  In that case, you’re probably heading back home.

I do not believe you get held at border for Random test.

Roadrunners team had the courier come to Auberge KM 31 to get their tests. 

So it is kind of hard for them to send you back if you are already gone from border.

I believe the random test is to do at the hotel on your first night in Canada.  You can probably leave the kit at the front desk to be picked up by the currier.

If it comes back positive, the Quebec CDC will tell you to quarantine  in a hotel room for a couple weeks. I would bet they even check on you to see if you are okay and that you are in fact staying in your room and have not made a run for the border.

40 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I believe the random test is to do at the hotel on your first night in Canada.  You can probably leave the kit at the front desk to be picked up by the currier.

If it comes back positive, the Quebec CDC will tell you to quarantine  in a hotel room for a couple weeks. I would bet they even check on you to see if you are okay and that you are in fact staying in your room and have not made a run for the border.

And if you do test positive and drive to the border will they let you back into the USA ? I would hope so since it is the place I live and have been jabbed and boosted ! I don’t know, getting discouraged…..

After successfully getting into Canada and starting your week long vacation, and you test negative for Covid, you must also take steps 3 and 4.

3. Call your boss, tell him you tested positive for Covid and need a second week off for mandatory quarantining. (Tell the boss to put you down for sick time instead of vacation time).

4. Call your spouse and tell her you will be away a week longer than you planned.

Optional: 5. Tell your spouse you love her.

Mandatory; 6. Ride the trails for two weeks. 

2 hours ago, markusvt said:

No description available.

Is this from the CBSA website?  This is precisely what I have been wondering.  Very useful info on this thread.  Thanks all for the input.  
Now what are we waiting for?  Let’s pack up and join RR and the rest of the early bird crew on the mountain.

5 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

Is this from the CBSA website?  This is precisely what I have been wondering.  Very useful info on this thread.  Thanks all for the input.  
Now what are we waiting for?  Let’s pack up and join RR and the rest of the early bird crew on the mountain.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/isolation#exemptions

It's in this section , click down a little

On 12/5/2021 at 7:45 AM, iceman said:

So it is kind of hard for them to send you back if you are already gone from border.

never thought I would hear you say something like that, you getting soft??

32 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

never thought I would hear you say something like that, you getting soft??

Think of it just like the US southern border everyone crossing there yet none sent back. 

3 hours ago, iceman said:

Think of it just like the US southern border everyone crossing there yet none sent back. 

Yes and our government doesn't care if they have covid.  Just seeing votes for the next election 

I wanted to throw this out there and get fellow QR's opinion regarding the supposed $150.00 PCR tests.

I called a local Walgreens last week and the pharmacist told me they have a NAAT test (free ) that gives same day results and he indicated people were using it to travel to Canada without issues. All you hear out there is PCR, PCR and nothing about a NAAT test.

Accepted types of pre-entry tests

• PCR - Polymerase chain reaction
  • Nucleic acid test (NAT) or Nucleic acid amplification test (NAATs)
  • Reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP)

These tests use methods such as a nasopharyngeal (NP) swab, nose swab, or saliva sample.

• Rapid antigen tests aren't accepted.
Other acceptable types of tests
  • RT-PCR – reverse transcription real time PCR
  • Quantitative PCR (qPCR)
  • Isothermal amplification
  • Droplet digital PCR or digital droplet PCR (ddPCR)
  • Transcription-mediated amplification (TMA)
  • RNA (Ribonucleic acid)
  • Ct (cycle threshold)
  • CRISPR
  • Sequencing
  • Next generational sequencing (NGS) or whole genome sequencing (WGS)
  • Oxford Nanopore sequencing (LamPORE)
  • Detection of the N gene
  • Detection of Orf1a/b
  • Detection of the S gene
  • Detection of the E gene
  • Detection of the RdRp gene