Distance question

doobraap

Anyone know what the distance is to the HI via 23???

Chris

Chris

Figure 200 miles. Hope 23 is in good shape otherwise it will feel like 500. If you gas at L Etape no need to have to gas up Mont Apica. They trail has been changed, it's only 100 miles from L Etape to the HI. Watch for 383 off of 368 as it's a new change. Saves about 10 miles. 23 no longer runs on the east side of 175, that saved another 10 to 15 miles.

Chris

Figure 200 miles. Hope 23 is in good shape otherwise it will feel like 500. If you gas at L Etape no need to have to gas up Mont Apica. They trail has been changed, it's only 100 miles from L Etape to the HI. Watch for 383 off of 368 as it's a new change. Saves about 10 miles. 23 no longer runs on the east side of 175, that saved another 10 to 15 miles.

Thanks Guys. See you Saturday around 4:00 Bill. You taking us on the Claremont express next week????

Last time we took 23 from the HI it felt like 1000 miles. 3' whoops the whole way. I though my machine was going to break in half!!!!

Thanks Guys. See you Saturday around 4:00 Bill. You taking us on the Claremont express next week????

Last time we took 23 from the HI it felt like 1000 miles. 3' whoops the whole way. I though my machine was going to break in half!!!!

That's the chance you take when you stay south of Paradise.

FYI, gas at Apica may be the most expensive in Quebec [and cash only], it's about $0.50 a liter more than L'Etape, but it's on the trail. L'Etape is about 5 miles off the trail. How Apica can be more than Chapelle or Repos is beyond me, and it's on a main road.

Actually Lac Du Repos is not as isolated as it seems.It is located on a plowed road and is less than 60 miles from St Michel Des Saints. :drinks:

Actually Lac Du Repos is not as isolated as it seems.It is located on a plowed road and is less than 60 miles from St Michel Des Saints. :drinks:

Chapelle to me isn't bad considering its 40 miles from town and theres no power but Apica should be able to be filled from a regular tanker truck run

FYI, gas at Apica may be the most expensive in Quebec [and cash only], it's about $0.50 a liter more than L'Etape, but it's on the trail. L'Etape is about 5 miles off the trail. How Apica can be more than Chapelle or Repos is beyond me, and it's on a main road.

I was at Mont Apica on the last week of january and they sold me gas for $1.35/litre :wacko: ,quite pricy i found considering gas had been selling for $0.85/litre at that time but very convienent i might add. They also had debit and credit card service,this must be new,i paid my gas with a debit card. JG

Anyone know what the distance is to the HI via 23???

Chris

I just did this a couple weeks ago. Figure 240 or so. For us (and it was 7 people) we left HI at 8:30 am and arrived Roquemont at 2:30. Trails were awesome. 23 was great. Had lunch at Mt. Apica.

Tested my 800 REV's range, I made it from Mt. Apica to Roquemont on one tank, about 126 miles. I did run out of gas pulling the sled into the trailer, heh.

Hey, Chris...

I would suggest not taking 368 if you are trying to make time. It is very smooth, but very winding and twisty. Less than 10 miles further to stay on 23 to 383. Plus better clubhouses...

Gas top off 20 miles from HI if you need it... they also sell Doo oil!

GW