Relais Mont Vilain

iceman

New Owners

https://www.lequotidien.com/2021/12/15/le-relais-de-motoneige-mont-vilain-rouvre-ses-portes-sous-une-nouvelle-appellation-e804a3ae61e617b8c91e1ad9f81e5ab9?fbclid=IwAR2lpXQSi6arDfTsXxMKxRCsZGhJJ6m7KMO8houZV_YwUIlDYxnH4vwVEHU

The Mont Vilain snowmobile relay reopens its doors under a new name

Isabelle Tremblay
 ISABELLE TREMBLAY
 The Daily

Closed since March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Mont Vilain de Lamarche snowmobile relay will reopen its doors on Wednesday under a new name.

The Otis Nature Outdoor Center will welcome snowmobilers in places that have been completely revamped in recent months.  A sum of $ 10,000 has been invested to bring the facilities up to date by the new owners of the place, Carl Otis and Suzanne Richard.

"We touched up the whole aesthetic aspect of the building such as the lighting, the upholstery of the chairs and the paint.  It’s really on the mark, ”says Carl Otis.

“We are very excited.  We look forward to welcoming the snowmobilers.  It's a whole new adventure that begins for us and it makes us very excited.  The snow is there.  The phone does not stop to ring.  We will have a very good season.  It will be really nice, ”says Ms. Richard.

On site, a restaurant and bar service will be offered seven days a week.  A brand new menu has been developed for customers, in collaboration with the microbrewery du Lac and executive chef Paulo.

"For the restaurant and the terrace, we can accommodate 100 people at a time," says Carl Otis.  In terms of accommodation, five cabins that can accommodate four to eight people will be rented.

When the season is in full swing, the relay is used by nearly 600 snowmobilers every weekend.  “We are truly a must stop on the snowmobile trail.  We are one of the biggest snowmobile relays in Lac-Saint-Jean.  We know how much people enjoyed the place and we can't wait to welcome them again, ”continues Suzanne Richard.

The two promoters have acquired the facilities of the Mont Vilain outdoor center in recent months with the objective of making it an accessible place of tourist accommodation with universal access (AU), both for people with disabilities  physical than the elderly and young families.  They have made significant investments over the summer to achieve this goal.

• 3 weeks later...

Jack I see what you mean, but it shows 2 different places on the new trail map, Center Plein air Otis Nature, and down the trail Centre Plein air Mont Valain, I am confused? I thought The old Scooby is Centre Plein air Mont Valain but it shows 2 places on the map.

9 minutes ago, revct1 said:

It is.  It went from Scooby Raid to Mt Vilain.  You can see the signin the photo.

Jack & Sandi

1 minute ago, iceman said:

What’s a map? You mean like one made of paper? lol.

No, zooming out on my computer shows all the places on the trail in detail and if I click on theses 2 places and google them they show up different.  Looks like they are not the same?

15 minutes ago, 800steve said:

No, zooming out on my computer shows all the places on the trail in detail and if I click on theses 2 places and google them they show up different.  Looks like they are not the same?

What are you running for maps ?

• 2 weeks later...