Place to stay in clova?

Rtbo

Plan on doing what we have called the polar bear loop this year if COVID permits. We plan to leave 

1 100 lacs to relais 22

2 relais 22 to chibougamau

3 chibougamau to lebel sur quevillon

4 lebel sur quevillon to clova or lac faillon 

5 clova or lac faillon to 100 lacs 

what do you guys think for a place to stay on night 4? Anything you would change? Open to suggestions. Thanks

Driving your truck directly to 100 lacs may not be necessary.  You could leave from St. Anne du lac and spend less time in the truck, Relais du Touriste is the spot there.  Relais 22 is not what I would call 5 stars.  Maybe Windigo instead?  The rest looks good.  Night 4 is a toss up.  I love Clova, but admittedly Faillon is a little more “plush” as far as the room is concerned. On the other hand, LSQ to Faillon would be a short day in my opinion.  The most important thing of all is to post pics when you get back.

Also noteworthy is that you be in LSQ by lunchtime, there is only one small bar in town…so maybe head up north of Chibaugamou for a small tour prior to leaving town to LSQ.

Edited by Je me souviens

Thanks for the replies guys. Usually we start at mont Laurier be we only plan to ride 5 days. We’ll look into st Anne du lac but we’re kind of partial to 100 lacs. How are the roads compare getting to these places. I’m thinking the road to 100 lacs is dirt for awhile huh? We’ve stayed at relais 22 before and agree the accommodations are not great, we got there a little late and couldn’t get dinner but people were still eating, we were not happy. But windigo to chibaugamau is a far run, don’t you think. We also stayed at lac fallion before and liked it,(we like outfitters) but it would be a short ride for day 4. Does anyone know the name of a place to stay around Clova? Thanks again. 

Name of the place in Clova is Auberge Clova.  Correct, the road to 100 lacs is Le Chemin Parent, dirt road that will most likely be an ice road by all accounts.  It took me 3 hours one way from SADL to Parent the last time I did it in the winter.  The cut off for 100 lacs is around the midway point, just past Lunic’s if memory serves.  In reality it probably adds 2 to 2.5 hours from SADL to 100 Lacs in the truck, highly dependent on conditions, so if your hooked on 100 Lacs it’s not all that bad.  I was told to stay in the middle unless there is oncoming traffic, there are washouts on the sides that can be tricky to navigate, it might be more challenging if it’s dark out.  Agreed that day is on the long side, 300 miles from Windigo to Chibaugamou.  Once you get past the first part of 93 it is pretty fast trail.  As Jack mentioned, make sure you have gas caddies, the mill is closed this year, so it’s 160 miles from pump to pump.  (La Dore to Chibaugamou).  If it’s a boys ride, no problem, on the other hand I would not try that with my wife, she is good for 200 miles, then she has had enough for the day.
Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done chibaugamau to windigo. we left at 8am and had to be at windigo by 7pm for dinner.   had lunch at Club De Motoneige Relais Des Buttes De St-Félicien. just north of saint felicien.    got to saint felicien and took orange cut off trail to trail 83.  Relas 22 for gas and a break.  45 minutes we were there.  rolled in to windigo just before 7 with 330 miles on.  we were moving a long that day lol  its mostly all wide open trail.  only twisty windy trail was 40 miles before La Dor.