Towing's season opener video ride report 21dec21

towing

Hi guys!

The rain and personal engagement had delay my first ride but finally here it is!

Here the path of this first ride in the Mastigouche reserve

carte.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bou

It was one of the rare ride I did without my best half so no pics but nice video shots. I met my partner Snowcruiser at 10:00 am at Cabanon parking lot and we explored a bit toward south before going to lunch at 11:00. Lacks of snow toward the St-Zenon village especially in hills, many toctocs in the skis. We hit the trail again at noon and went in the Mastigouche reserve, toward Koubec at first. It was very nice, flat hardpacked/ icy base with a 3' of powder on the top and no rocks. We need sharp carbides to be safe and those who are not studded should take care and add some distance for braking. The trail base is nicer in the reserve but it really snowed more(take a look at the picnic table in the first video) and the overall conditions were nicer than many time in full winter.

I put together 3 short videos, as usual put the sound on and crank up the quality to 1080 if you have a big screen

here the first one

and this one starting from Koubec 

and the third one

really better conditions than I was expecting, Even if the souther trails are not as good, the trail network begin to enlarge, it is groomed from today St-Michel/Repos and from Pourvoirie du Lac blanc to connect in th Mastigouche reserve. 

More details on the trail conditions/opening here https://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/conditions/

So the snow condition is shaping up but the covid's situation in Quebec for this last week is worrying. No change at the border actually(Canada jurisdiction) but the Quebec government close yesterday all the schools, bar, movie theaters and cut by half the restaurant dining rooms capacity and limit party size for the next weeks so it is something to watch actually. We pass from few hundred daily cases in late November to 4 to 6 thousands daily in the last week... there is some panic in the boat at government level right now!

Edited by towing

20 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

BIG Merci Alain!

You know, such valuable therapy for all of us to "ride" with you vicariously!

👍 I got a sledding dose and give you some methadone 😄

11 hours ago, jak said:

Thank you Alain. How are you liking the new machine?

You are welcome jak! Liking it more and more 😀 I just installed 3 Elkas stage4 (2 front +central and kept the air shock)and install bushings in the rear coil springs, install the full tunnel protector, Dupont slides, GPS.  I will soon output a usb jack to power my gopro remote and will play with the suspensions adjustments to get the most of the beast! can't wait to hit the trails again with Kristine this time...

Edited by towing