South of 595 Closed on Interactive Map

smclelan

6 minutes ago, smclelan said:

The south of the 595 below La Cache is showing as  closed.  I was concerned  there may be another right of way issue.  However thanks to our Gaspesie Connection he found out it is a trail clearing issue and should be open soon.  Thanks Groomer.

bienvenue smclelan !!!

hog's back 163.jpg

8 hours ago, quebec bob said:

This could be mistaken for heaven, great pic for sure!!

good morning quebec bob !!!

yaaa.....pic taken april 22 nd on top of mt hog's back snowshoeing with smclelan ...

great view.....looking north east 

and this one looking at mt albert !!!

jean-guy

hog's back 135.jpg

hogs back.jpg

5 hours ago, groomer said:

good morning quebec bob !!!

yaaa.....pic taken april 22 nd on top of mt hog's back snowshoeing with smclelan ...

great view.....looking north east 

and this one looking at mt albert !!!

jean-guy

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_12/1512541458_hogsback135.thumb.jpg.4430df9986b3f171337d6e8df215382e.jpg

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2021_12/1514067479_hogsback.thumb.jpg.3efb3e03844c5ca6bf4c194f0b11a95f.jpg

That was our second attempt at snowshoeing up Mt Hogs Back. The first time we made it about 3/4 to the top and said it was too tough, so we stopped right there on the side of the mountain in the sun and drank beer for 2 hours, then walk down.   Stopped again half way to the truck and drank a couple more beer.  Snowshoeing/ hiking with JG is an alcohol related event! Good Times!!  LOL

15 hours ago, quebec bob said:

This could be mistaken for heaven, great pic for sure!!

Great story I have. In 2005 I was living in north Carolina and my oldest son calls me and says dad hop on a plane and come home and we will go to Quebec for a ride. Great idea. Got home and 5 am the next morning we headed for Mont Laurie. Went up 13 and decided to go to Clova. Now here is the story. We met 2 gentlemen from where I don't know.  We were talking about places to ride and one of the gentleman told me about Gaspie. His statement to me was if you ever get to Gaspie say a little prayer for me because you will be as close to heaven as it gets. Been there several times and I always think of that gentleman and what he said to me. 

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

That was our second attempt at snowshoeing up Mt Hogs Back. The first time we made it about 3/4 to the top and said it was too tough, so we stopped right there on the side of the mountain in the sun and drank beer for 2 hours, then walk down.   Stopped again half way to the truck and drank a couple more beer.  Snowshoeing/ hiking with JG is an alcohol related event! Good Times!!  LOL

ahahah...first attempt , your legs were dead 20 mins from top ...

and always great to do that ....with a few beverages

great memories !!!

btw, snowing lightly since  3 30 pm 

jean-guy

hog's back 137.jpg