2022 Jack & Sandi's Trips

revct1

Boy I don't know about you young pup's, suck it up buttercup wait till you get to my vintage.

Glad that you were able to get a chance to ride. Hopefully we will be up their in two weeks IF border stays open.💪http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_drinks.gif

Jack 

go to a pharmacy, go in the back to the pharmacist counter and ask for someone who speaks some English you will probably find at least one person working there who will speak enough to help you. Tell them you have a shoulder hurt and are here on a Snowmobiling trip. You can get Tylenol with Codine it will do the job. Trust me. 

Ask for TEVA LENOLTEC. 

Not expensive. But need to ask in the back.

Also you can get Voltaren its a cream you rub on your shoulder from the Pharmacist, it’s like ben gay but on steroids. Get the extra strength. 

Hope it helps.

Don

4 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Jack

Try one of the Pharmacies, they have Tylenol with Codeine available over the counter. ( Mall attached to the Delta has one )

Later

GutZ

Beat me to it my man. 

Not weaklinking at all Jack! You're there! That's hero stuff even without trashed body parts & sleep deprivation! 

We're all sorry to hear about those distractions, and glad that you'll be safe in tending to your periodic maintenance!

Sounds like your past this kinda thing that's been working to postpone my going into the body shop?....

https://theprocedureguide.com/fluoroscopic-guided-glenohumeral-joint-injection-technique-and-overview/

Thanks again for sharing!  Get & stay well!  And HNY all!

Wow!  Thanks for all the replies.

Northbound, the Tylenol did help last night.  I woke up once and took another Tylenol but I did sleep.  12 Hours in bed and it felt so good.  

Farmerold,  I'm so glad you are still planning on coming up.  We are looking at RDL for next trip.  Maybe Jan 11th we will drive up.  And for the vintage thing, I'm not that far behind you.  Buttercup?  You remember how much I like butter!  😄

MrGutz and Iceman, so far the Tylenol has taken the edge off of the pain.  I can move my arm this morning.  I was looking for Advil but I'm guessing the grocery stores don't sell that in Canada.  The grocery stores in the U.S. sell everything.  I will keep the pharmacy at the Jonquiere mall in mind.  We went there one year for Sandi.  The pharmacist at the store called Sandi's doctor in the U.S. and was very helpful.

MrGutz, what are 2-2-2s?  I've lead a sheltered life apparently.

smclelan,  today I feel like a few miles are in my forecast.  It is nice to be  back in Quebec after no riding last year.  Not even in the States for us but that is another story.

blackjack1,  smclelan likes to put his two cents worth in.  It shows that he really does care.

MikeRider,  I was looking for something other than Tylenol but that has helped.  Thanks.

Playhard,  interesting link.  Looks like the procedure is repacking the joint.  I had the left shoulder replaced a couple of years ago and that worked out good.  I think I'd like to do the same with the right shoulder.  We will see what doc says.  As a side note, I had both knees replaced a year or so before the shoulder.  Those are working great.  Before the knee replacements, I could only stand on them for about five minutes and then have to sit because of the pain.

SnomoGary, good to hear from you.  I'm feeling better now.  The weather is looking good today and we are going to ride.

Thanks again for all of the responses and comments.  Just reading them makes me feel better.

A lot of grooming was done last night.  The groomers are doing as much as they can with New Year's Day coming up.  They probably don't want to be out for the holiday.  They deserve a day off.  Thanks to all the groomers!

I think we will go on the north side and see how that is.  We haven't been to the blueberry fields yet and that is always a nice ride.  Maybe go up to the old ScoobyRaid.

We will post tonight.

Jack & Sandi

12 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Sounds like your past this kinda thing that's been working to postpone my going into the body shop?....

https://theprocedureguide.com/fluoroscopic-guided-glenohumeral-joint-injection-technique-and-overview/

Thanks again for sharing!  Get & stay well!  And HNY all!

Unfortunately Health Insurance only covers:

loctite-spray-foam-insulation-2378565-64_145.jpg

hahaha!

GutZ

This morning we go down to the restaurant for breakfast.  Is it open?  Yes!  Tomorrow I think it is take out only.

Sandi and I have a nice breakfast.   Maybe the last one in the restaurant.  We finish up and get back to the room.  My shoulder is feeling better.  What a difference a day and a little Tylenol makes.

On the sleds and off we go.  A little later than usual but heck, we are on vacation.  Out to 83 and we turn right.  We cross the two bridges and stay to the left on 367 to St Amboise.  This showed groomed and it is.  Many times this isn't groomed until after the New Year.  Today it is fine.  The scrubby pines before Le Giant Trailers are getting big now.  Oh this is so good.

In St Ambroise we turn left to get on 93.  This was shown as groomed yesterday.  That should be good.  About a mile or so in, the trail bears to the left where I can see the old trail going straight.  There is a washout there so maybe it just goes around the bad spot.  No it is going further away from the trail.  The trees have been pushed out of the way.  This isn't much of a trail.  The groomer did make a pass but I think that was just to knock the trees out of the way.  Bump da bump da bump!  Should we turn around?  No it can't be too much further and we will get back on the old trail.  Bump da bump.

Well, a few miles in and we start running the side of a road.  Must be at least a mile.  This is better and I can see the tracks from a groomer.  Salvation maybe just ahead.  Into a field and it is groomed.  Finally.  This is more like Quebec.  I see a junction coming up with signs.  To the right St Nazaire and behind us is St Ambroise.  That's correct.  What does that other sign say to the left?  Riviere Saguenay and St Charles 0.5 KM?  We are almost to the old river crossing at St Charles.  The old 93 trail is long gone.  That section has been bypassed.

We turn right which is trail 556.  Nicely groomed.  This is great but we went thru some horrible stuff to get here.  A few miles along and we come up to the little warming hut where we pick up 93 again.  We stop for a stretch and head off to St Nazaire and north on 554 to Relais du Lacs.

We haven't seen much traffic at all.  A few trailers in the parking lot at the relais.  It is noon and there are four people in here.  This must be so tough on the businesses trying to make ends meet.  The sign on the door with hours says the relais is open Tuesday thru Saturday.  It is closed Sunday and Monday for the season.  I hope I read that French right.

We sit and relax.  We do not want to go back the way we came in.  I wouldn't recommend that trail until 1-2 feet of snow falls.  It needs a lot of snow.  How about if we go back thru Begin?  That showed groomed last night.  We finish up and head out.

328 it is.  The first few miles are a little choppy but nothing like what we were just on.  I'll take it.  Keep going Sandi.  We get to Begin and the trail gets better.  The big fields are nice.  This is more like mid January without the traffic.  We get to trail 93 and turn right just above St Ambroise.  Running along the edge of the road here.  Just before the big potato field the trail is closed and the new trail turns left.  OK.  This is fine so I don't care where it takes us.  A few miles in and we come to a junction.  Left is marked towards Mt Valin and right is St Ambroise.  Sandi goes right.  This is the trail from a few years ago.  We end up at the bottom of the potato field and continue on to St Ambroise.  All very nice.  Good snow cover and good grooming.

We cross the two bridges and and at the new junction we decide to bear right to Jonquiere instead of left to Chicoutimi the way we came out this morning.  We only go a few hundred yards up the hill and we are at the old junction at the dump.  The rest of the trail is the same to the Delta.  A few trailers here.  Oh look Sandi, the enclosed room for the pool where we used to park the snowmobiles.  No pen for the trucks and trailers.  I don't know where the sleds are going to be parked.  There is an area across the driveway from the main entrance.  Maybe there?

We continue on 83.  The rest of 83 is mostly the same as it was two years ago and we are back at the Sag.  A terrible ride for a few miles but the rest of it was very nice.

Happy New Year's Eve everyone.  We hope that all are safe.

Jack & Sandi

Enjoying reading this Jack.

Quick question. Is Sandy's new sled  a 2021 MXZ X?     If so, she would have the new RMotion X suspension.  It is supposed to ride and handle better. I was wondering if she noticed any difference.

mike

Hi Mike,

Her sled is new last year with no miles before this trip.  Yes 2021.  The conditions aren't the best up here.  Sometimes the trails are fine and other times they are bad.  She said it feels like it maybe pushing a little in the corners.  We have been on some icy places.  I haven't made any changes yet.  I'll wait until she has a few more miles on it and the suspension breaks in some.

I'd like to try it but I think that maybe wishful thinking on my part.  Should I say my shoulder is bothering me and maybe the MXZ X would be easier on the shoulder?

Jack

On 12/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, mikerider said:

Hey Jack,,   Take two Advill at bedtime  then one every few hours during the day.  Advill will take down the inflamation.  Tylenol will only hide the pain.

We know you are holding back 1 critical detail like any good recipe sharer,

So is the Merlot before or after the 2 Advil Mike ? 😉

9 hours ago, EastMark said:

Mark,     When you post on here, you will notice under your user name,  a number next to a thumb tack icon. Your number is 368. Mine is 2,100. 

That is your QuebecRider drinking score.

9 hours ago, EastMark said:

Hi Mark,

The Merlot is with the Maker's Mark and in between is the Amaretto.  You never know what you may need for medicine!  🤗
Jack

It was a quiet night here for New Year's Eve.  No young ones running up and down the hall.  No partying adults until the wee hours of the morning.  There are trucks and trailers in the yard but not much for cars.  It is strange.

I was worried about getting my truck near the room so I could plug the block heater in.  Ha, plenty of room.  I could park it sideways and not interfere with anyone else.  We are leaving Monday morning and the forecast is for -27̊ C.

The two tents are here for the snowmobiles.  The front desk had me sign a waiver this year so I would not hold the hotel liable if something happens to the snowmobiles while they are in the tent.  Hmm?  I remember firewoman Sandi waking me up a few years ago when there was smoke and fire at 2 AM.  Some equipment was lost but it could have been a lot worse if it spread to the other tents and then the trucks.  I don't even want to imagine it.  Thanks Sandi.

The forecast is mild today -3̊ C then dropping to -17̊ C tonight.  A couple of cm of snow.  The forecast is showing more snow for the end of the week.

Jack & Sandi