2022 Jack & Sandi's Trips

revct1

10 hours ago, markusvt said:

When you go back and edit REMOVE THE LINK in the text, your attachment will stay and display correctly.  Very easy.

Hi Mark,

I deleted the link and it took the link out but the pics are at the bottom of the post instead of being inserted in the text.  I'll try again later.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack

Another mild morning.  Lets head to Onatchiway.  Get up in elevation and maybe stay cooler.

Sandi and I are off.  Joe is with us along with FarmerOld and Tammy.  We cross the two dams and turn right on 134, Pickle Park.  Contractors are putting in a new set of power line towers here.  We have to keep our eyes open.  A lot of equipment.

Turn right on 93 and this is a nice straightaway to let the ponies run.  Sandi is sure liking her MXZ.  At the end of the long straight, here comes a groomer.  This was fine but he can groom again if he wants to.  Thru St Honore and up to the big intersection with 328.  Nice riding now but we are getting a little mist on the shields.  Looks like a dark cloud sitting on top of Mt Valin.  Straight on 93 and we start climbing.  The lower part of 93 is fresh groomed but above the groomer's house isn't.  A little rough but it is 93 on the mountain.

Left on 267, Bras Louis.  The first section is still in the woods like it was a few years ago.  Quite a few miles later and we are still in the woods.  We should be on the road by now.  Keep going Sandi.  We have to hit Bras Louis sooner or later.

Finally we get to the gate for the Zec.  Hmm.  More construction here.  I see power line towers going up.  We are running along the side of Bras Louis.  Much better than the trail that was in the woods.  The road is being used by the construction equipment.

I just looked this power line up on the internet and it is running from the Manic (dams) to the Saguenay sub-station.  Ah ha!  There were towers being erected by the junction of 83 and local 7 at the sub-station.

The drizzle has stopped now and it is turning to snow.  Yea!  Drizzle is better than freezing rain but snow is the best.  

A good run up to 477.  Look there.  The trail that would continue on and join back with 93 is closed.  That must be due to the power line towers.  Make note:  No trail connector that runs over to Auberge 31.

Snowing pretty good now.  A couple of tracks on the trail that Sandi can follow.  Must be four or five inches on the trail.  Are we having fun now?  Sandi is blazing on.  Trail 477 is where it has been.  No changes here.  No traffic either.  The dust is flying as the five of us roll along.

We pull into Onatchiway.  A few sleds here.  Put on the masks and we go in.  I appreciate being able to sit somewhere at noon now.  The simple things.

After lunch we are heading south on 267.  The snow has stopped now but there is a good coating on the trail.  Go Sandi we are right behind you.  An hour or so and we are on 328 and then in a blink we pull in to the gas station in St David.  Always a good place to fill up.  Easy in and easy out.

Back on 328 west.  All nicely groomed.  A few oncoming sleds.  It is warm still.  The trail has a mashed potato feel to it.  Thru the big fields and we turn left on 93.  The detour for 93 is so smooth.  Go go go!

St Ambroise, then 367 to cross the dams.  Here in town, the roads are wet from the melting snow.  Puddles, mud and snirt.  Looks more like March than February.  The cold is forecast for cool tonight and cold for next week.  A little snow here to cover up the ugly stuff would sure be nice.  I know, I'm always asking for something more.  OK, I'm happy with what we have.

Til tomorrow, be safe.

Jack & Sandi

Bottom of the post is better than a link which folks have to click on to see anything. 😉 The forum is very fussy on the attachments.

2 hours ago, revct1 said:

Hi Mark,

I deleted the link and it took the link out but the pics are at the bottom of the post instead of being inserted in the text.  I'll try again later.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jack

On 2/9/2022 at 5:50 AM, revct1 said:

don't have the "Add" option.  I'm on a laptop.  Are you on a phone?

I think: Just do the "Choose Files" and choose as many as you intend, but then don't hit the "+" on each pic, just "Submit".

It's Friday and this is the day to go to Milot for lunch.  The groomer has usually taking care of 373 Thursday night.  The map shows part of it groomed but not the section from the Peribonka River to about the halfway mark to Milot.

Sandi is leading as usual.  Cross the two dams and right on 134.  This is showing its wear.  There are the new power line towers going up.  I see a piece equipment coming towards us.  Be careful Sandi.  Could that be ... a groomer?  Yes it is.  We pull over to the side.  The groomer comes up to us and stops to let us pass him.  Sandi carefully goes around and the rest of us follow.  That will make 134 nice for the weekend.

We turn left on 93.  This part of 93 has been changed so many times.  It is in fine shape today.  We get to the junction with 328.  Keep going straight.  That is the way the groomer went.  Further up the groomer went right to Onatchiway.  We stay left on 367.  This must have been groomed the day before because there is a few inches of fluff on the trail.  It is super smooth underneath.  We blaze along and get to Otis Nature.  Time for a coffee break.  Just a long enough stop to stretch our legs and rest a bit.

Back on 367 up into the woods then we drop down on the river and cross over to the beginning of 373.  It wasn't groomed last night but is in good shape with some fluff.  About 10 miles in and there is a parked groomer.  Hmm?  Maybe that is why this hasn't been groomed.

There is also logging going on here.  373 is rerouted up and north of Lac Bernabe.  Its a seven mile reroute to avoid one mile of trail.  The last two or three miles runs the snow covered road.

Back on the old trail now.  Five or six  miles in and we pick up the groomed trail.  Super!  Sandi is picking up speed now.  We get to Milot.  A few years ago, new gas pumps were installed.  I feel more comfortable getting gas here now.  Fill up the sleds and fill us up.  $14.95 for a full lunch, soup, meal and dessert.  Good deal.

Back on the sleds and stay on 373 west.  I like the trails in this area.  Not too much elevation change.  A lot of flat running with gentle turns.  Lean back and enjoy.  373 splits off to the right as the new trail to Girardville.  Its a few years old now but new to me.  We stay left on the local trail 900 down to 93.

Saint Augustin and the power lines into St Monique.  Instead of staying on 93, today we are taking 367 to Evasion Peribonka.  This was good yesterday and still good today.  Then right on local 553 to 328 to Relais des Lacs.  These trails are a lot of fun and it is a nice change from 93 thru St Henri and Alma.

We then get on 554 down to 93 and left to St Charles.  Here is the reroute for 93.  After St Charles, a few miles along the edge of the road and then three miles of twisty, snarly new trail.  This is not good compared to what we have had all day.  Before long we are back on the original 93 to St Ambroise.  Much better.

Then our normal route of 367, cross the two dams and we are at the Delta.

Another wonderful day in Quebec.  It was cooler today and the trails set up a lot better.

One more day to ride and then we have to head back to Connecticut.

Jack & Sandi

I was just in the lobby and wanted to let the Gutz family know that Reception is getting ready for your arrival.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_02/IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.1da47b821654658a46c94b450d1bace5.JPG

Hors devours will be set out later.  See you tonight.

The forecast is for above freezing temps until you get north of Quebec.  So if you run into a little drizzle, don't fret.  Be careful in the Park.

Jack & Sandi

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday.  We got back a little late and had to visit with the Gutzs.  So its yesterday morning.

The forecast is for some light snow and wind this afternoon.  How about lunch at Auberge Eva on Lac Bouchette?  Grooming last night was everywhere.

Once again and for the last ride of this trip, Sandi is out leading and going down 83.  Mild right now but the temps are going to drop this afternoon.  83 is fine but I'm sure its going to get traffic today, Saturday.  20 miles and we are at Relais Grenouille.  Staying on 83 along the power lines and up and over the mountain we drop down to the junction with 23.  Turn right.

A few sleds at Presbytere.  Around the building and up the new section of 23 here.  The snow is blowing around out in the fields.  The woods are fine.

We get to the junction with the local trail that runs to St Andre.  Sandi takes this.  No one has been on this since it was groomed last night.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_02/2113885957_StAndreTrail603.thumb.JPG.53a7bc90fb59fb201014943627ab0f0c.JPG

We go thru St Andre and are off to St Francois.  Trail 603 runs the road along in here and it is a nice cruising trail.

Left on 83.  A little ways along and there is the former green roof relais.  Looks like a residence now.  Many years ago that was a nice stop with Bill.   Left on 355 and we are on the last stretch.  This starts off wide and fast and slowly narrows down thru the woods until we pop out behind Eva.

A fancy place is Auberge Eva.  We go inside and put on our masks.  I hope these will be a thing of the past soon.  A few tables taken but this is a good size restaurant.  After lunch we suit back up for the ride home.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_02/664666557_LacBouchetteAubergeEvainside.thumb.JPG.e023715337f1d200f0e69058ec187300.JPG

Its a quick drop down onto Lac Bouchette in front of Auberge Eva.  We cross the corner of the lac and run up the road, trail 355, to the gas station to fill up the tanks.  U-turn.

Up 355 and there is the sign for St Francois.  Stay on 83 Sandi.  We will take a different route back.  I figure we will go east on 83 thru Chambord and back that way.  It has been awhile since I've been out here.  Thru the woods and we get to a signed intersection.

Hmm?  That's not right.  Chambord is behind us 42 km and Roberval is only a few clicks ahead of us?  We are on 83 west at the junction with 373.  My mistake for not taking a good look at that last sign.  OK we can turn around or we can drop down on Lac St Jean and cut back to the spa in Chambord.  We opt for the Lac run.  None of us have been out here and the access trail to the Lac has changed.  We hunt around at St Hubert's.  No access here.  We continue on 373 and work our way down to the Park and there's my sign "Village sur Glace de Roberval".  Yea!  ☺️

We drop down on the Lac.  The wind is blowing the snow dust around pretty good but fortunately, the Lac is well staked.  Keep aiming for between the two red stakes.  The trail skirts not too far off of the shore.  14 clicks later and we are at the Spa.

Up on the local trail and we hook back up with 83 "east".  We could have been here an hour ago if I didn't point Sandi in the wrong direction.  Oh well.  Its still snowmobiling.

We stay on 83.  The wind is whipping up in the fields.  I was thinking about 383 but too many fields.  Stay on 83 Sandi and we will get back in the woods.  We go past Hebertville.  No need to gas up.  There is plenty in the tanks to get us back.

83 is a lot rougher tonight.  It is getting colder so the trail will set up but the weekend traffic has already bumped it up.  We catch up to a couple of two uppers.  We aren't too far from the Delta so we all run together.

We park the sleds outside of the pen.  It is already full.  A few more trailers in the parking lot tonight.  Time to go in and relax for the night.

Sandi and I are heading back to Connecticut tomorrow morning.  The others are staying here.  Hopefully we will be able to get one more trip in.  The season is already disappearing.  Winters are way too short.

Be safe.

Jack & Sandi