Holiday week Smack Down

snowmaster2112

Leaving LeCabanon at 3 a.m. tonight as we want to get back home early tomorrow.

What an INSANE 4.5 day trip it has been. Cobra and I had an unbelievable adventure together and got in some of the best early season riding in years,  we both agree.

When we rolled in last night we had 1013 miles from 3.5 days of riding. Today Cobra went out and did an 83 mile loop and got the snot kicked out of him on 3/4 of it. I however had a relaxing do nothing day around the hotel. The groomers all just left awhile ago so I might go out for one last evening whoha and catch the magic carpet.

The key this week (and usually most of the time) is get out of here early. Like first ones on the trail early. Not hard to do at LeCabanon as 7:45 and your almost guaranteed to be first. Head north, north, north and you will be rewarded like we were. 

Kanawata and north you couldn't distinguish between Christmas week or Valentine's week as far as snow depth and trail conditions. The 83 HAS been groomed but they turn the GPS off as they don't want to encourage travel up there until after the holidays when they are more prepared. 

Casey has a new place to eat and stay. It's called Camp De Base. They are opening up this weekend. No "forfait" yet but possible in the future. They are "Yurts" and have two twin beds each. We were the very first persons to eat there last night for dinner. Host Norman & Diane are great people. Also spoke to "Noar" the owner via phone. 

20211226_154707.jpg

OK, here's some info for all. It's no secret my disdain of a certain place 80 miles north of St Zenon that starts with the letter  "R" and I have been recently been bashing them because their gas was 2.24 and Kanawatas was 2.00

That was Tuesday.  On Wednesday Kanawata price JUMPED from 2.00 to 2.35 My belief was Mario over heard me bitching about it and figured he was shorting himself. OK guy over the years but never on the hospitable side. He's aged 10 years since I last saw him in March 2020 and got real gray.  Word is its finally going to change ownership VERY soon. Just like LeCabanon as Dennis will know in the next week or two. Who's behind these owners?.?.? Word is BOTH Chinese backers. Go figure. 

We are heading to a nice steak dinner now and then I'm going on a solo evening run.

Peace

27 minutes ago, smclelan said:

From the sounds of the news better enjoy the steak and make it a good run, things are tightening down tomorrow.

Steve

That's EXACTLY why I got up here and did what we did when we did it.

Sure hope I get to use my 300 dollar pass more. BTW....  got check pointed on first run Sunday out of LeCabanon at the park entrance. Only second time ever there for me.

And I've been thru there a lot 

38 minutes ago, smclelan said:

From the sounds of the news better enjoy the steak and make it a good run, things are tightening down tomorrow.

#%&*%!!...looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting with my dog and fly fishing out of the drift boat in Altmar for steel head if they shut this down again, this has got to end, around here it acting more like a common cold these days, admittedly there are quite a few new cases in our area...but no one getting hospitalized...more like a 5 day deal and back to work

5 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Master, great report. Is place in Casey easy to find? I remember once in early 90's going to a trailer in Casey, husband and wife cooked meals daily and he had fuel. We were there at 6pm in a storm with 1 dead 900 Cat. Long Day/Night

Cant miss it really. It's on the right at the last bridge before the airstrip. As your crossing the bridge you can see it on your right.