New Rules Tomorrow

iceman

It's better than nothing but one of the attractions of this whole sport is the hospitality of the outfitters and it's kind of nice being able to sit and eat with fellow like minded people every 150 miles...especially when it's -20 outside....going to hurt financially another winter....how's this going to work when 100 people show up at Repo for lunch....it will take 3 hours....and I feel sorry for them ...all the extra cost and labor to do this...on a moments notice when everything was starting to look so good

I have to ask…do the business owners protest and express their displeasure as well as the people who have had enough or what is the response from them? Hopefully this is short term and after the new year weekend celebration they will ease back up. Happy New Year ! 

I agree with Bob. The social aspect of the sport is very important.  I  really enjoy the stops at the relais's for coffee and food and rest, as well as going out to dine at night and hitting the hotel bar at night.

l

3 hours ago, Pipeman said:

I have to ask…do the business owners protest and express their displeasure as well as the people who have had enough or what is the response from them? Hopefully this is short term and after the new year weekend celebration they will ease back up. Happy New Year ! 

No the people are well trained up here there are few protests and if there is one it goes unreported on tv

they have the fear of death installed very well among 85% of the population

they are “doing their part to fight this battle” 

so much for freedom

1 hour ago, iceman said:

No the people are well trained up here there are few protests and if there is one it goes unreported on tv

they have the fear of death installed very well among 85% of the population

they are “doing their part to fight this battle” 

so much for freedom

That is fascinating, I have a friend who lives in Quebec whom I do business with on a regular basis and he told me the same thing as you Don. Very passive was how he put it, dictators love that.

3 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

That is fascinating, I have a friend who lives in Quebec whom I do business with on a regular basis and he told me the same thing as you Don. Very passive was how he put it, dictators love that.

Passive is a great description.

Completely enchanted by the spell of dictator Francois Legault and anything that is reported on TVA (news) their word is taken as facts no questions asked. 

1 hour ago, zeusand said:

Sounds like rent a house to do local loops and do your own cooking and/or get takeout. Or saddlebag and eat in your room.

I rent a lot of VRBO places for hunting and fishing trips the last 2 years and with 3 or 4 friends it has really worked out very nicely

3 hours ago, zeusand said:

Sounds like rent a house to do local loops and do your own cooking and/or get takeout. Or saddlebag and eat in your room.

Headed up on the 9th, thats what we did. Rented 2 cabins. Bring food and booze, cant go wrong!!!!!!!!!

Edited by 800steve

When calling around, some are just going to remain closed.

The FCCQ is asking the various levels of government to speed up the financial aid packages and distribution of booster shots to help get the economy back on track.

On Monday evening, the Quebec government announced its business assistance program (AERAM) was relaunching with a particular focus on bars, cinemas, theaters, gyms and other recreational venues.

Businesses affected by a closure order will be able to resubmit their requests for financial assistance of up to $15,000 per month to cover eligible fixed costs.