New Rules Tomorrow

iceman

well across the border yesterday no problem.   at roqumont getting ready for our first burn of the year up to relays 22.  it's-8 right now plenty of snow to ride.  last night for dinner we had menus in the room and called down with our order and they brought it to the room.  was actually pretty quick and easy.  we are a group of six and they did not have a problem with us being in one room hanging out.  but not allowed to do it in the hotel area.

9 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

we are a group of six and they did not have a problem with us being in one room hanging out.  but not allowed to do it in the hotel area.

The hotel people will not give you problems for hanging out in one room. Your fellow sledders at hotel will not probably say anything either. Just be aware if you have the wrong person (someone who has bought in 100% to this charade) they may call the police. The fines are big ones for being together outside your family bubble. 

Just to let you know. Relais 22 will be no problems there. All depends where you are and who you come across.

have a great ride

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

well across the border yesterday no problem.   at roqumont getting ready for our first burn of the year up to relays 22.  it's-8 right now plenty of snow to ride.  last night for dinner we had menus in the room and called down with our order and they brought it to the room.  was actually pretty quick and easy.  we are a group of six and they did not have a problem with us being in one room hanging out.  but not allowed to do it in the hotel area.

may your trip and ride be filled with nothing but awesomeness !!!!

Ours was last week and hoping to get back up on the 15th for another smack dowm.

I wasn't able to cross the border last year to experience any of these restrictions. What do folks do for lunch stops in this situation while saddlebagging? Get a sandwich from the hotel in the am or take out from a restaurant in town or relais?  Eat out on the sleds in the parking lot since can't eat in dining rooms?  What about when it's -20 outside, is eating outside really the only option? 

Edited by Tbone

Unbiased experts are saying the peak of Omicron is 2-3 weeks away and will die out very quickly. Not like the other variants. Lets hope so.

If thats the case…. Feb-March should be much better with less restrictions.

Edited by EastMark

2 hours ago, Tbone said:

I wasn't able to cross the border last year to experience any of these restrictions. What do folks do for lunch stops in this situation while saddlebagging? Get a sandwich from the hotel in the am or take out from a restaurant in town or relais?  Eat out on the sleds in the parking lot since can't eat in dining rooms?  What about when it's -20 outside, is eating outside really the only option? 

we had lunch in La Tuque at a gas station they let us eat sandwiches inside off to the side and no one complained to us.  I found it odd that we could not go into a McDonald's and order for takeout.  with a trailer in tow it's not easy to go threw a drive through. 

21 hours ago, iceman said:

Just be aware if you have the wrong person (someone who has bought in 100% to this charade) they may call the police. The fines are big ones for being together outside your family bubble. 

Reminds me of a meme i think around Thanksgiving 2020: "If you see too many cars in your neighbor's driveway and feel you should report them, go and have a glass of milk... you know what else is good for your teeth? KEEPING YOUR MOUTH SHUT!"

15 hours ago, Tbone said:

for lunch
you buy your food(sandwich,submarines)where ever you can buy some. Wrap it with foil, open the side panel and put it on the muffler. Odds are good you will end up with frozen fingers if it's very cold outside. But when you are on a trip...the show must go on.

here's a pic from last year just north of kanawata. my bro warming up his pizza slice 😀

received_1052790608562158.jpeg

3 hours ago, EastMark said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/12/30/how-long-will-omicron-last/

Several outlets saying similar….but here is one.

Good article.  Lets hope they are correct in that this surge will drop off as quickly as it came.

Jack & Sandi

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

There going to start no hard liquor and Cannabis sales to the unvaccinated! 😲

They are secretly building the isolation camps, soon unvaccinated will be moved there.

18 hours ago, iceman said:

Vaccine Passport now required in Quebec to enter all commerces except for grocery stores and pharmacies. 

I have a Nova Scotia Health proof of vaccination card.  Being from outside Quebec would this suffice? 

44 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Mrs GutZ said more Lock-Downs today?

Good times!  Sounds kinky!  Do you use a safe-word?

Our buddy's local hardware store did gangbuster sales of rope & duct tape to the housewives of Pelham Manor when 50 Shades first came out.