Abitibi

Ditch Banger

Thought we would have some more reply’s here. 

anyway we got back yesterday. Overall summary was conditions and accommodations were great. 

some more details for those interested. 

We rode temiskaming qc to ville Marie to Val dor then to r-n then back down to ville Marie. Trails were great. Some early season rocks/alders/sticks (actually a number of them) but no issues. More snow north of ville Marie so I would recommend staying in R-n or heading north if you stay anywhere south of there. 

we stayed at La bannik, and forestel (and north bay on the drive up). Accommodations were great as was the food and standard awesome QC hospitality. La Bannik is one of the best lodges to stay with great hosts, top notch food, nice accommodations, and lots to do. 

was real cold but to be expected. We didn’t see many sleds out on the trails (I guess too cold) but there were 20-30 at forestel we saw. 

would not hesitate to head up if you were thinking of it. 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:51 PM, willb said:

we stayed at La bannik, and forestel (and north bay on the drive up). Accommodations were great as was the food and standard awesome QC hospitality. La Bannik is one of the best lodges to stay with great hosts, top notch food, nice accommodations, and lots to do. 

Mmm... "West is Best" And so are La Bannik's cheeeesyyyy-bunnnnnns...

Thanks,

On 1/17/2022 at 5:29 PM, zrtkat said:

What where they doing for supper at the Forestel, room service ???? My favorite place to stay 

Thanks

Zrtkat

They were doing room service for supper and breakfast at forestel. Food was good but room service did take a while. To be expected I guess!

did not ask about lunch though. 

Edited by willb

37 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Mmm... "West is Best" And so are La Bannik's cheeeesyyyy-bunnnnnns...

Thanks,

Where do I get these cheesy buns at La bannik? Special request? Or maybe only during dine in service?

my only two trip regrets: not finding these buns and not getting some sugar pie!

well always wish I sledded more too!

1 hour ago, willb said:

Where do I get these cheesy buns at La bannik? Special request? Or maybe only during dine in service?

Was definitely in the dining room a few years ago, and we definitely (successfully) begged for extras to take with.

There are photos somewhere of sloppy-hours later in the tour with JD & mini cheesy sammies.

Keep the faith!  Normal is right around the corner!

No I didn’t use the A102Q. We drove through (to La bannik, then we sledded down to temiscaming and then back to La bannik, then northward). 

we did meet some folks who parked in new liskard and rode the lake over to QC (unmarked/unopened trail at the time). 

It looks like one section of A102Q is still not open at the end but ya can try the guys on Ontarioconditions to see if they know more!

5 hours ago, willb said:

No I didn’t use the A102Q. We drove through (to La bannik, then we sledded down to temiscaming and then back to La bannik, then northward). 

we did meet some folks who parked in new liskard and rode the lake over to QC (unmarked/unopened trail at the time). 

It looks like one section of A102Q is still not open at the end but ya can try the guys on Ontarioconditions to see if they know more!

Has to be done by Les Voyageurs sur Neige club out of Temiscamingue to Jocko River on Ont. side!

1 hour ago, Ditch Banger said:

Trail from North Bay to Temiscamingue is now open. Haven't been on it not a fan. I always drive to the PQ side to start

I rode on thar trail years ago and I still remember them hills. Came off the first one and never touch snow until the bottom.  Riding second in line behind my oldest son who didn't tell me about the size of them things. Promptly went right to the back of the line.  Wasn't for me.