Mattawin-Clova-Mekoos

Je me souviens

Left Marineau’s Saturday morning, headed to Clova via Kanawata.  Laid fresh tracks down the river run on 360.  Kanawata up to Casey was  perfect as per usual.  From Casey to Parent was loose snow., both sides of the driveway to Gouin looked freshly groomed as we drove by, stopped for gas in Parent then continued to Clova for the night. 300 miles.

Sunday we headed back to Parent from Clova, it had been groomed overnight.  Heavy logging since my last pass through area in 2020. We stopped at Fer a Cheval for a coffee break. Then continued down 13 to SADL for gas and a snack, in for the night at Mekoos.  200 miles.

This morning we headed back to Mattawin via Manawan.  Fresh groomed and temperature dropping.  200 miles for the day. 

Noteworthy encounters included a Lynx on Saturday and a snow shoe hare being chased by a Fisher on Sunday, the woods were quiet today.  

Here are some pics.

B3223B28-B1C3-4FEB-BD59-9CBA3D447BC9.jpeg

8 hours ago, markusvt said:

Nice run, we will be doing similar end of this week. 😉

Just AWESOME....will be doing sorta the same starting saturday. Camp sat/sun, 100 Lacs (mon), Haltaparche (tue & wed) and back to camp thursday.

maybe we'll run into each other. There will be either 3 of us or 4

Je me souviens,

couple questions

how was the condition of the trail from Clova to Parent ?

How strict were they at the Depanneur in Parent on Covid stuff ?

Did you stop and see Norman at the new place in Casey "Camp de Base"  ?

Maybe we'll run into each other on the roadside in Parent again this year...LOL

Trail from Clova to Parent had been freshly groomed on the way back Saturday morning, so it was in better shape than the night before.  There is logging activity west of Parent so the trail cuts on and off the road and is annoying, but on the other hand the section east of Clova has been improved significantly.  

We were asked to wear our masks at the depaneur in Parent.

I did not notice Norman’s in Casey, granted I did not really try to find it.

Yes if I see your helmet again I will tap my head like last time, lol.  M21 was fresh on our way back, I was thinking about your camp and how awesome that must be.

The rules vary significantly from place to place. In general the farther away from town you get, the less restrictions you will encounter.  You can go in to “warm up” in most places.  Hand sanitizer and masks were on display at all locations, the placement of tables and chairs would indicate where you could sit or stand.  
My desire to ride the white gold significantly outweighs the restrictions and various hoops you have to jump through to get across the border.  So I think it was well worth the trip.  The new sled rips and I had a smile on my face for three days straight.  Hope to be back soon.  

DB46680F-A81A-4556-B6B5-6BAF1D5C311D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Je me souviens said:

Trail from Clova to Parent had been freshly groomed on the way back Saturday morning, so it was in better shape than the night before.  There is logging activity west of Parent so the trail cuts on and off the road and is annoying, but on the other hand the section east of Clova has been improved significantly.  

We were asked to wear our masks at the depaneur in Parent.

I did not notice Norman’s in Casey, granted I did not really try to find it.

Yes if I see your helmet again I will tap my head like last time, lol.  M21 was fresh on our way back, I was thinking about your camp and how awesome that must be.

The rules vary significantly from place to place. In general the farther away from town you get, the less restrictions you will encounter.  You can go in to “warm up” in most places.  Hand sanitizer and masks were on display at all locations, the placement of tables and chairs would indicate where you could sit or stand.  
My desire to ride the white gold significantly outweighs the restrictions and various hoops you have to jump through to get across the border.  So I think it was well worth the trip.  The new sled rips and I had a smile on my face for three days straight.  Hope to be back soon.  

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_01/DB46680F-A81A-4556-B6B5-6BAF1D5C311D.thumb.jpeg.b95e050e9da81949780fb5c3f924e015.jpeg

Magnificent and....."all you need to know"........glad you had a GREAT trip. You are dead RIGHT....the extra hoops we have to jump through to get up there is a very small price to pay. I'm blessed to be able to ride where I do and the people I know and ride with (when not soloing). Said it a bunch before and will forever ....some of the VERY BEST snowmobiling in North America is .....WITHOUTADOUBT......Alliance du Nord .