Story on Lac Repos

iceman

Watch the video....

Is in french but they say over the past weekend was 2 to 2.5 hours wait time just to gas up at Repos. 

(Note to self no going near there) 

they also show in video the outdoor dining setup and outdoor kitchen to deal with covid restrictions. 

At the end they are at world famous Moto Thibault (my dealer) talking about how almost each day people come in asking if they have any sleds for sale. They have none. Some Sleds ordered last march have still not arrived. 

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2022/01/10/jusqua-deux-heures-dattente-pour-faire-le-plein-en-motoneige?fbclid=IwAR2MmhexYbEDcLyQ4A-6u8MwfdUuFAIP0EgpKKHyjhTS62vO297fhcayCKY

Up to two hours of waiting for refueling on a snowmobile: 

Snowmobilers were particularly numerous to hit the trails over the past weekend, to the point where their patience was strained when it came time to refuel in the relays in Haute-Mauricie and Lanaudière.

"Believe it or not, snowmobilers waited between two and two and a half hours to fill up with gasoline," Paul Gélinas, a snowmobiler who saw it for the first time in 60 years of practice, told TVA Nouvelles.  winter leisure.  In fact, it only takes a few minutes to fill up with gasoline.  So it's incredible the people that were there ”.

The veteran snowmobiler attributes this phenomenon to the quality of the trails, but above all, to the arrival of new enthusiasts in times of a pandemic.  go to the bathroom and order a meal to eat outside.

These restrictions could have been easily imposed during the last winter, which had not been particularly cold.  The climatic situation is very different so far this winter.

“They say 'we give you a little ten minutes to go and warm up inside and go to the bathroom.'  It's not enough with the cold because, when you get the cold, you get the flu and when you get the flu, you get the virus, ”lamented Martin Benoit, president of the Saint-Michel Snowmobile Club.  Saints.

Due to the sudden craze, but also due to the disruption of the supply chain, some dealers have no snowmobiles, new or second-hand, to sell.

“Every day, people come here to see if we have snowmobiles, if we have something.  There are even vehicles that have not yet been delivered, which were sold last March, ”said Alain Parent of the Motos Thibault dealership in Trois-Rivières.

Also in the video they show a private seating area just for Snowmaster and he gets a “faster to the Fun pass” that lets him bypass any fuel lineups. 

They know how much he loves Lac Repos.

no discount on gas though

pay up sucka

We were there on Friday, line up was a 45 minute wait, me and buddy had our gas and dumped it but the other 3 in the group did not. Take out only now, sucks having to buy food at a premium only to eat it cold outside in the cold.

Buddy and I had thermos and sandwiches that we ate beside a nice hot camp fire but there were no tempos Don, I’m thinking that must’ve been another Pourvoirie in the video.

30 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

We were there on Friday, line up was a 45 minute wait, me and buddy had our gas and dumped it but the other 3 in the group did not. Take out only now, sucks having to buy food at a premium only to eat it cold outside in the cold.

Buddy and I had thermos and sandwiches that we ate beside a nice hot camp fire but there were no tempos Don, I’m thinking that must’ve been another Pourvoirie in the video.

Not sure JG they did show Kanawata in video

maybe its there the tempos?

have not been up around there

definately eating outside is tougher this year being much colder than last season so far

50 minutes ago, Signfan said:

I think I'd be riding into Manawan to avoid that lineup. People don't realize it's only 30 km away.  That's absurd.

Last winter reservations in Qc and Ont were closed to outsiders, not really sure if they are this year but it would definitely been a gamble going there if you were already low on fuel.

2 hours ago, iceman said:

“They say 'we give you a little ten minutes to go and warm up inside and go to the bathroom.'  It's not enough with the cold because, when you get the cold, you get the flu and when you get the flu, you get the virus, ”lamented Martin Benoit, president of the Saint-Michel Snowmobile Club.  Saints.

Ohh...so that's how you get the Corona....so we just have to stay where its warm to be virus free. Simple!

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Also in the video they show a private seating area just for Snowmaster and he gets a “faster to the Fun pass” that lets him bypass any fuel lineups. 

They know how much he loves Lac Repos.

no discount on gas though

pay up sucka

can’t wait to flip the bird to that shit hole as we pass by this Monday. Heading straight for 100 Lacs from the camp. And your right Ice, I should get a pass for all the over priced canned peas, gravy and water infused gas I have purchased over the years. 
A couple of weeks ago was the straw on the camels back for me with that cesspool and that was before this circle jerk. NEVER again will anyone see my ass on that property. You’ll catch me at the end of the driveway out by the road having a cigarette or other consumables but not on the property. And in the HIGHLY unlikely event I do need gas I’ll hitchhike to SMDS just outta principle.

Sad thing is I’m starting to have the same sentiments with Kanawata but can’t easily cut them out of the picture. Mario’s price gouging on the gas right before my eyes, humble attitude and club sandwich with no tomato and half the chicken as prior years didn’t sit well at all with me.

61CA09C7-C2B7-4F0E-86F3-A332BD14D601.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Last winter reservations in Qc and Ont were closed to outsiders, not really sure if they are this year but it would definitely been a gamble going there if you were already low on fuel.

Only the Cree up in Ouge-bigamau and Mistissinni have their reservations closed. The overly friendly Atikamek of Manawan & Wemotaci are still open. Gas and go as usual.

54 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

can’t wait to flip the bird to that shit hole as we pass by this Monday. Heading straight for 100 Lacs from the camp. And your right Ice, I should get a pass for all the over priced canned peas, gravy and water infused gas I have purchased over the years. 
A couple of weeks ago was the straw on the camels back for me with that cesspool and that was before this circle jerk. NEVER again will anyone see my ass on that property. You’ll catch me at the end of the driveway out by the road having a cigarette or other consumables but not on the property. And in the HIGHLY unlikely event I do need gas I’ll hitchhike to SMDS just outta principle.

Sad thing is I’m starting to have the same sentiments with Kanawata but can’t easily cut them out of the picture. Mario’s price gouging on the gas right before my eyes, humble attitude and club sandwich with no tomato and half the chicken as prior years didn’t sit well at all with me.

http://quebecrider.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2022_01/61CA09C7-C2B7-4F0E-86F3-A332BD14D601.thumb.jpeg.afe635051dbc8b7f2f9ec3320b579e54.jpeg

Lol

You think that's bad don't go to Abitibi Canyon in Ontario north of Cochrane.  Two guys running out of a school portable that sits on a government plowed road.  Rumor is $4 a litre this winter.  Oh and they will serve you over priced chocolate bars and undercooked hot dogs off their BBQ.  No kitchen to speak of.